Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Looking forward to some cabana reviews! I booked a half day on 6/5 & 6/7 in case of bad weather on the 5th.
Looking for reviews as well, as I booked a 1/2 day for a birthday trip in May. I didn't even think to ask about AP so now I'm gonna call back and see what happens. It took the CM forever to figure out how to book a 1/2 day but in her defense, this was new last week. I booked the afternoon 3-7, and cost was $211.00.

AP Discount on Stormalong Bay Cabanas

Thank you both for posting the (conflicting) information you have received. Proves the point that when dealing with Disney phone CMs, the only consistency is inconsistency and if you don't like the answer you receive, hang up and call again until you get a better one!

:thumbsup2
I also received the discount for April.

Looking for reviews as well, as I booked a 1/2 day for a birthday trip in May. I didn't even think to ask about AP so now I'm gonna call back and see what happens. It took the CM forever to figure out how to book a 1/2 day but in her defense, this was new last week. I booked the afternoon 3-7, and cost was $211.00.

Count me on the list as well. I'm going to be there in two weeks and we are debating a half day rental. We are spending a lot of time at the resort and think it might be a nice place to relax while my girls are at the pool, but it is pretty pricey for just a couple of hours. I'm interested in anyone's experience.

WELL, we finally have a quick trip planned for May (dropping daughter off for DCP role yayyy) .....unfortunately its at Pop and not at our beloved BC. I have had to try to research info on the Pop thread since we have never stayed there. I had to come over to this thread and give a HUGE Shoutout to Dee for this amazing UPDATED resort thread. Seriously. You have to have the best thread out there. The lack of updated info on the other thread is quite disappointing to say the least LOL.

Keep up the great work,
You Rock Dee

Just an FYI regarding cabana rentals and the AP discount. I was successful in applying the discount for our Mid May stay. The CM had to cancel the original reservation and credit my credit card with $211.00. She then made a new reservation, applying the AP discount, resulting in a new charge of $180.15. Pays for the first round of birthday drinks!!!!!!

Just an FYI regarding cabana rentals and the AP discount. I was successful in applying the discount for our Mid May stay. The CM had to cancel the original reservation and credit my credit card with $211.00. She then made a new reservation, applying the AP discount, resulting in a new charge of $180.15. Pays for the first round of birthday drinks!!!!!!
These are the things we wouldn't know about if it wasn't for this thread. :)

Just wanted to post update to the cabana price. No AP discount being applied between March and August, due to high season. Just an FYI

Just to add to what others have shared, we booked cabana rentals for both May and June with an AP discount though this was a week or two ago.

Sorry if my question has been answered before but regarding Cabana rental (Half-Day) ... Half-Day = how many hours? Any specific schedule?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks so much for the very kind words that made my morning!

We have an incredible group here, always willing to provide answers in a helpful, fun and non-judgmental manner. I don't have time to scour the interwebs, so whenever a piece of info pertaining to the Yacht & Beach Club, or other major Disney news happens, someone is sure to post it here. So many guests, repeat and brand new, will offer to do research during their trips or take pictures to help future travelers have better stays.

I'm glad you have decided to join us here where we drink the Sunken Treasure-flavored Koolaid.

:grouphug:

PS- There are not nearly enough emojis here- for example now I want a waving lobster to say "hi" back at you.

:wave2:
Fixed it for ya!

33366967-cartoon-lobster-waving.jpg
~NM

Thanks so much for the very kind words that made my morning!

We have an incredible group here, always willing to provide answers in a helpful, fun and non-judgmental manner. I don't have time to scour the interwebs, so whenever a piece of info pertaining to the Yacht & Beach Club, or other major Disney news happens, someone is sure to post it here. So many guests, repeat and brand new, will offer to do research during their trips or take pictures to help future travelers have better stays.

I'm glad you have decided to join us here where we drink the Sunken Treasure-flavored Koolaid.

:grouphug:

PS- There are not nearly enough emojis here- for example now I want a waving lobster to say "hi" back at you.

:wave2:

Our family took our first trip to Boston last year....we loved it so much we went back this past summer.

What an incredible city!

Page 1420-1421

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Yes, some, but not all of the rooms in all categories at the Beach Club have full balconies, so make sure to add the request to your reservation if you prefer one.

:cool1:

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the list.

Yes, I agree with the other posters that the Beach Club rooms now have the big screen tvs attached to the wall.

:goodvibes

All but a handful of rooms at the YC have full balconies. I think the 3 or 4 that do not are corner rooms. Water view perhaps???

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

:cool2:

I am with you on the terrible start to the year, hopefully the prospect of a fall trip will help alleviate troubling times.

Are you at Beach Club?

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

:welcome: back!

I'll make a place for you on the 2020 list.

:dogdance:

:welcome:

I'm in the same boat- my usual request at the Beach Club is for a full balcony which I don't need to ask for at the YC.

Room requests vary from family to family, depending on what is important to you. Close to elevator, first floor, upper floor, daybed are all common requests.

I'll probably request an upper floor.

:goodvibes

Will do!

:cheer2:

I usually suggest that guests who are new to the resorts and are just starting to learn about them take a peek at the first page of the thread, particularly Post 1 (general info and news), Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info). The size of the thread can be overwhelming, but you really don't have to read through it all. Check out that first page, keep up with the current posts and if you have any questions, ask away!

::yes::

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June. Are you staying at the Beach Club, Yacht Club or BCV?

:cool1:

ECVs

:welcome: to this forum.

When is your trip?

As many helpful posters have indicated in explanations and pictures, the answer is "Yes" you will be able to find a spot to store your mom's ECV

:thumbsup2

Thanks!

::yes::

Thanks! We'll be at Yacht Club 6/3-6/8 for our first club level stay at Disney- I couldn't pass up the 40% AP discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter