Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just meant if I make no request, am I less likely to get a “desirable” room than if I make specific room requests? I always secretly hope if I make no requests and they happen to need to upgrade someone, maybe they’ll choose me :laughing: But I also worry that if I make no requests and others are requesting the more desirable rooms, that could leave me with whatever is leftover.
I don't know what would be a less desirable room at YC/BC. If there is construction, I can see a less desirable room being near construction, and certainly worth requesting "away from construction," but if there isn't construction, I'm not sure what would constitute "less desirable." I know some prefer to not be at the end of the hallways, but I find the locations furthest from the lobby to be quietest. If you don't like to walk through the maze of rooms/wings, than a "near lobby" request may be good. Or if you don't want to hear as much hallway noise, and don't mind a slightly longer walk, then a "quiet" location is a good request.

I always make room requests and I think Disney really tries hard to meet requests. At YC/BC, my request is always for a daybed. I have a 14-year old boy who is taller than my DH and an 11-year old girl, and those two do NOT like to share a bed. So, I request a daybed and make it my only request. For BC, a popular request is balcony or patio, since only about half of the rooms have one. And families often request "connecting" rooms.

Page 1418

So excited to be checking into the BC July 4-11!! Hoping to spend lots of time at SAB and to see Illuminations a lot before it goes away!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Going back for a 2nd stay at the BC for easy access to F&W September 15-18th, before a move over to Uni for HHN. We’ve got a water view room, but I’m kind of hoping to actually downgrade to a woods/garden view, we just want to be as close to the IG as possible. The Boardwalk is by far our favorite resort, but in mid-September it’s 484736262839393 million degrees, and in that weather we chose the better pool over the better atmosphere.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:goodvibes

A couple of questions for the experts....

How late is SAB open in June?
Any place to get a quick breakfast at the yacht club? Something like a danish or cinnamon roll

TIA

I wanted to give you a quick :welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for the resort. BC or YC?

Others beat me to the answers to your questions.

::yes::

Just a quick note.....We're back! Yes, we've been staying at the BWI Club Level Deluxe for the last few Decembers. In between, we were fortunate enough to grab one of the Yacht Club deluxe rooms...TP call's them Junior Suites. What happened to those? I see they aren't part of the room request section in DME anymore. Loved that room, loved the lack of carpet, new bathroom, etc. So...I just changed our 2019 December trip from the BWI deluxe to the Yacht Club, Water view/club level. For a quick birthday trip, I also booked a 5 night stay in mid May, AP rate of $360 per night, water view, not club level, at the Yacht Club. We're gonna overdose on the Yacht Club this year:). The BWI club is amazing but I think we're just tired of the tired rooms and are ready to come back to the best pool on property! Even us seniors can appreciate a great pool! Can't wait!!!!

I'll add your TWO trips to the list.

:woohoo::woohoo:

Hi! We check in for our first Beach Club stay in two weeks and I just had a quick questions.Does anyone know if they provide the small bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc at the BCV or are they the kind mounted to the wall? Was just curious as my daughter loves the small toiletries and was wondering what the BC had. Thanks!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list!!!

:cheer2:

I'm back to reality after a lovely 3 night stay at the YC CL. We booked a SV but were pixie dusted with a GV with a partial view of the water.

We had room 5198 which we absolutely loved. There were no guest rooms on either side of us which made for a very quiet weekend. I was very happy to not have a connecting door to the room. There were a few rooms across the hall, but we rarely heard those guests.

I really wish I remembered to snap pictures of the room because it was really quite lovely. It had a large chair with an ottoman instead of a sleeper sofa. It also had night stands on either side of the bed with outlets and USB ports. Across from the chair/ottoman was the desk with a chair. Because it had a king bed, the room felt so spacious. I felt like it would be perfect for honeymooners.

My husband and I enjoyed the lounge on many occasions during this trip. Luckily, we got to the resort a little after 10am and were able to grab a little to eat as soon as we got there.

Every single CM we encountered at the YC were super friendly and so happy. Every time we got near a CM they would greet us and sometimes ask us how our day is going. Our last two trips were at the poly and grand floridian and we definitely didn't see interactions like this at either of those resorts. I felt ignored there (probably because my husband and I dont look like the type of people who would be staying at those resorts) but at the YC even the other guests were a lot friendlier than the people we encountered on our last visits.

I will say though, I thought my husband would absolutely love the location of the YC. It was his first epcot resort stay after only experiencing MK resorts. I was shocked to find out he prefers to be near MK! Our next trip will be at the contemporary but it wont be for a few years because we know we want TPV and possibly club level.

We will also go back to visiting during late October. The crowds this trip were ridiculous. (Spring break, I know, but I can't change when my birthday is!) The blazing sunshine was unwanted. Tuesday was cloudy and crowded but the crowds were manageable because the sun wasnt beating down on us.

Last thing to note: the bed was amazing. :cloud9: My husband and I started booking shorter trips to WDW because the beds have been horrible. (poly was by far the worst) My husband was pretty bummed to come home (to our tempur-pedic) after laying in the clouds for a few days. I already ordered a big fluffy mattress topper to try to recreate the cloud bed we slept in.

Thanks so much for the review and for providing your room number!

:thumbsup2

Hello all! My husband and I decided last minute to stay at the Yacht Club April 5th-10th for a "babymoon." We were originally looking at staying at a beach resort somewhere in Florida, but realized that a resort-only stay at Disney sounded better.

Our last trip in November was a 7 night CL stay at the Contemporary (and AKL for our arrival night) and was very parks heavy so we're looking forward to a more leisurely trip this time. Although, I don't know if I'll be able to stay out of the parks - might have to pop into Magic Kingdom one day :rolleyes1

Thanks to everyone for all the great information on this thread! I have never planned a trip this last minute, and we've never been to the Boardwalk area so everything is new to us!

:welcome: to the thread and

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:flower1:

I don't know what would be a less desirable room at YC/BC.

I think that the YC and BC have the most less desirable room views of all of the deluxe resorts. There are rooms that look right across stone roofs and rooms that look directly at the front entrance. At resorts like the Poly, GF, and CR (with the exception of a few SV GW rooms) there are almost no bad view rooms, just by nature of the way the resorts are set up. The Poly and GF have no parking lot views (well very few at the Poly). If you use touringplans you can see that some standard view rooms at the YC and BC have a sideways view of SAB or a view but across a rooftop, and some look directly at a dumpster or front entrance. I would much prefer one of the former rooms in those cases. That's why I make requests, to do my best to avoid those "terrible view" rooms and at least try to possibly get one of the rooms that may have a better view but be downgraded by disney because of a poorly placed tree blocking something, or a sideways instead of direct view,etc. However, last summer I stayed at both the YC and BC and didn't get my request for either resort, and looked directly at the front entrance of both. But at least I tried...

Page 1419

I'll be staying at BC CL June 1-5 with my kids ages 3.5 and 18 months, and my father. I've been reading all the great posts here and on the club level pages. With 1400+ pages I'm sure this has been asked before, but here it goes...
Walking to Epcot seems pretty quick. Are the gates at IG open the same hours as the main entrance? Meaning, we can go this way if we want to do rope drop one morning?
How feasible is it to walk to HS from BC? They have EMH on the 2nd and I'd like to try to get to them. If now walking, what is the best route to get there?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of this thread.

Others have chimed in with helpful info about getting to EPCOT and HS from the resorts.

Sounds about right in distance and the path from BC to HS is pretty easy to figure out once you reach the the crossroad for Swandolphin and the Epcot area hotels under the bridge which is the only place I can recall there is a sign. You just walk straight up the canal and there is only one side with a walking path.

Here's a link that gives visuals and probably more detailed directions:

https://touringplans.com/blog/2014/05/16/disney-holllywood-studios-walking-path/

HTH

Thank you so much for posting this!

I copied it and added the link to the Transportation info on Page 1, Post 1 of this thread.

Staying at the Beach Club Sept 3-9, first time at the resort and looking forward to SAB.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Looking at the BC CL floor, I am thinking this area circled in red would be the most ideal to request for standard view. A little removed from the main hallway, yet midway to the elevators and lounge without being right next door.

I'm not really sure how I would ask for one of these rooms. I also want two queen beds. Would I just list specific rooms numbers? Lake side? "Wing H?" (whatever that means)

I totally cross-posted over from the CL thread!

I appreciate the response. I agree it would be better than the front parking lot views. I am about to update my TP fax and think listing the specific numbers work best there. I also have an e-mail drafted to SS for two queen beds and figured I should add the location request in the same message. I like partial SAB/back entrance view. Hoping I can get one of them! The floor doesn't seem that big so any room would be fine, but not locations are created equal. lol I had the last room in YC one time and it was a maze to get to, but I survived!

I believe the room assigners do what they can with the requests they receive. If you request nothing, you will get whatever is available. If you request something within reason and its available, I do think Disney will try to accommodate as best as it can.

From my research and past experience, simple requests work the best. You can ask for a specific building, floor, balcony size, etc. Mentioning only a specific room number may be harder to get and a room assigner may not realize why you've selected that specific room (floor, view, proximity to elevator, etc). You also need to make sure your request falls within your room category. If I said I wanted a ground level room when I have CL booked, I would be out of luck and the room assigner would be forced to put me somewhere on the 5th floor.

I've decided my requests will be:
- Two queen beds
- Back entrance/crescent lake side

My main priority is to have 2 queen beds. The standard view CL rooms I happen to want fall on the side of the resort facing the lake so I hope both can be accommodated by what I have sent!

Sounds reasonable.

The other place you could ask for input about how to state your request is with Disney Signature Services- contact them by email and either send what you have described above, or even the specific room numbers and ask them how to best phrase your request. Perhaps they have info about which of those rooms have queen beds and which (if any) have a King bed.

Fingers crossed that you get one of the rooms you want!

Page 1420-1421

Just a quick question:
Staying BC 9/8-9/14, water view.
Are there full size balconies available in this room tier? Want to make sure before I add this room request to our reservation.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Yes, some, but not all of the rooms in all categories at the Beach Club have full balconies, so make sure to add the request to your reservation if you prefer one.

Stupid television question. We are staying at the Beach Club for the first time 8/4-8/14. In some room videos I've watched from a year ago the tv was attached to a hutch above the bureau but I just saw 2 videos from a couple of months ago that show the top piece of the bureau gone and a big screen TV attached to the wall. Have they recently replaced all the TV's in the rooms to the big screens on the wall? We are staying garden/woods view in a non concierge room.

TIA!!!

Yes, I agree with the other posters that the Beach Club rooms now have the big screen tvs attached to the wall.

Do all room types at the yacht club have balconies?

All but a handful of rooms at the YC have full balconies. I think the 3 or 4 that do not are corner rooms. Water view perhaps???

My understanding is that they do!

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

:cool2:

@natebenma, after a terrible start of 2019, I’ve finally caught up on this thread. Next time you update the guest list, could you please add us for October 28-November 4, 2019. We are coming for Food and Wine (& Halloween at the resort). Thanks, and thanks for all you do for this thread. Take care!

I am with you on the terrible start to the year, hopefully the prospect of a fall trip will help alleviate troubling times.

Are you at Beach Club?

:woohoo:

Well, booked our return trip to Yacht Club for May 5-14 2020. :cool1: As an FYI, the only rooms available on those dates were lagoon view and club level (booked lagoon view), so looks like rooms are already going for 2020. And the room only charge for 2020 might be about $700 more for 9 nights compared to the rates for the 9 roughly similar nights in May 2019 - :crazy2: - but hard to tell exactly.

I'll make a place for you on the 2020 list.

:dogdance:

We will be staying here for a convention. I don’t have any idea what room to request. Maybe just take my chances and hope for the best? We will be in a standard double queen room.

I'm in the same boat- my usual request at the Beach Club is for a full balcony which I don't need to ask for at the YC.

Room requests vary from family to family, depending on what is important to you. Close to elevator, first floor, upper floor, daybed are all common requests.

I'll probably request an upper floor.

Hi, Dee! Can you add us to the list? My daughter and I will be staying at the Beach Club from November 30 to December 6. Can't wait! :lovestruc

Will do!

:cheer2:

Just booked Beach Club Villas for 2 nights in August (7-9). Can't wait! We have never stayed at this resort before, so I'm looking forward to learning more about it on this thread.

I usually suggest that guests who are new to the resorts and are just starting to learn about them take a peek at the first page of the thread, particularly Post 1 (general info and news), Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info). The size of the thread can be overwhelming, but you really don't have to read through it all. Check out that first page, keep up with the current posts and if you have any questions, ask away!

Looking forward to some cabana reviews! I booked a half day on 6/5 & 6/7 in case of bad weather on the 5th.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June. Are you staying at the Beach Club, Yacht Club or BCV?

ECVs

Hi, everyone. We are staying at the BC soon! It’s our first time at an Epcot area resort. As HS and Epcot fans, we’re super excited. Quick question: Is a standard (water view) room big enough to store my mom’s ECV without us tripping over it? 3 adults, 1 child will be in the room. If you’ve brought one, where’s the best place to store it?

:welcome: to this forum.

When is your trip?

As many helpful posters have indicated in explanations and pictures, the answer is "Yes" you will be able to find a spot to store your mom's ECV

I'm curious about this as well for either YC or BC.

I have fit my moms ECV in our standard BC and YC room in the "hall" area in front of the door. MK are definitely easier since they can be roomier (besides WL), but it is definitely doable. The open sink area helps give you a little extra room and allows you to get into the bathroom.

I've also seen guests leave their ECVs out in the hallway and even charge them there overnight. I am not sure if this is allowed or ideal, but I have seen it done numerous times.

ETA: I will be in a standard view CL room at BC in less than two weeks with an ECV. I will take and post a pic of how it looks if no one else has one. I can't seem to find one in my photos at YC/BC.

Thanks!

View attachment 389151

I don’t know how much the rooms have changed since this past October, but I usually back in (Very Slowly) the ECV’s (we usually have 2) in front of the dresser. The top has outlets to plug in easily. It takes practice, but I’ve done it enough to get them on the first try without hitting the door or furniture. (See above photo). There’s enough room to sidle past for my Pooh sized sister. Just make sure if you need something out of the drawers to get them before parking.

Sounds reasonable.

The other place you could ask for input about how to state your request is with Disney Signature Services- contact them by email and either send what you have described above, or even the specific room numbers and ask them how to best phrase your request. Perhaps they have info about which of those rooms have queen beds and which (if any) have a King bed.

Fingers crossed that you get one of the rooms you want!

Thank you! I e-mailed DSS and was told the request was added to my reservation and I got the traditional "we will try our best, but cannot guarantee" etc. I've had pretty good luck calling in and using TP fax so hopefully DSS and TP fax will work :)

Yes, I agree with the other posters that the Beach Club rooms now have the big screen tvs attached to the wall.

Thanks Dee. I just want to say that this resort informational thread you've done, IMO is the best one on the DIS great job!!!

Also I see you live near Boston we are from Rhode Island so hello fellow New Englander.

Last edited:
AP Discount on Stormalong Bay Cabanas

Just wanted to post update to the cabana price. No AP discount being applied between March and August, due to high season. Just an FYI

I just booked for June and received the AP discount. YMMV. It was around $270 total with the tax for the full day down from $317

Thank you both for posting the (conflicting) information you have received. Proves the point that when dealing with Disney phone CMs, the only consistency is inconsistency and if you don't like the answer you receive, hang up and call again until you get a better one!

Thanks Dee. I just want to say that this resort informational thread you've done, IMO is the best one on the DIS great job!!!

Also I see you live near Boston we are from Rhode Island so hello fellow New Englander.

Thanks so much for the very kind words that made my morning!

We have an incredible group here, always willing to provide answers in a helpful, fun and non-judgmental manner. I don't have time to scour the interwebs, so whenever a piece of info pertaining to the Yacht & Beach Club, or other major Disney news happens, someone is sure to post it here. So many guests, repeat and brand new, will offer to do research during their trips or take pictures to help future travelers have better stays.

I'm glad you have decided to join us here where we drink the Sunken Treasure-flavored Koolaid.

:grouphug:

PS- There are not nearly enough emojis here- for example now I want a waving lobster to say "hi" back at you.

:wave2:

ETA: TY ~NM

waving lobster.jpg

Last edited:
Just booked out first trip to the Beach Club Villas for July 11-17. I'm pretty excited! I've been following this thread forever and have never had a chance to stay. Looking forward to being closer to our favorite parks and Stormalong Bay!

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

July is a great time for a Beach Club stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter