Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Not sure what you mean by "get preference" if guests don't request anything.

I just meant if I make no request, am I less likely to get a “desirable” room than if I make specific room requests? I always secretly hope if I make no requests and they happen to need to upgrade someone, maybe they’ll choose me :laughing: But I also worry that if I make no requests and others are requesting the more desirable rooms, that could leave me with whatever is leftover.

I just meant if I make no request, am I less likely to get a “desirable” room than if I make specific room requests? I always secretly hope if I make no requests and they happen to need to upgrade someone, maybe they’ll choose me :laughing: But I also worry that if I make no requests and others are requesting the more desirable rooms, that could leave me with whatever is leftover.

Impossible to say as desirable is completely subjective. A room that you may find fantastic I may find not great and vice versa.

Hi, everyone. We are staying at the BC soon! It’s our first time at an Epcot area resort. As HS and Epcot fans, we’re super excited. Quick question: Is a standard (water view) room big enough to store my mom’s ECV without us tripping over it? 3 adults, 1 child will be in the room. If you’ve brought one, where’s the best place to store it?

I'm curious about this as well for either YC or BC.

Perhaps the question you want to ask is: If I don't make a room request, will I get stuck in the worst available room?

Hi, everyone. We are staying at the BC soon! It’s our first time at an Epcot area resort. As HS and Epcot fans, we’re super excited. Quick question: Is a standard (water view) room big enough to store my mom’s ECV without us tripping over it? 3 adults, 1 child will be in the room. If you’ve brought one, where’s the best place to store it?

I'm curious about this as well for either YC or BC.
I have fit my moms ECV in our standard BC and YC room in the "hall" area in front of the door. MK are definitely easier since they can be roomier (besides WL), but it is definitely doable. The open sink area helps give you a little extra room and allows you to get into the bathroom.

I've also seen guests leave their ECVs out in the hallway and even charge them there overnight. I am not sure if this is allowed or ideal, but I have seen it done numerous times.

ETA: I will be in a standard view CL room at BC in less than two weeks with an ECV. I will take and post a pic of how it looks if no one else has one. I can't seem to find one in my photos at YC/BC.

Last edited:
I have a club level question for BC. Are any of the garden view club level rooms overlooking the parking lot? I saw that mentioned in the room description and it has me worried.

I have a club level question for BC. Are any of the garden view club level rooms overlooking the parking lot? I saw that mentioned in the room description and it has me worried.
Based on the map in post 8:

BC%20Floor%20Map%204%20and%205.jpg

I think you are safe! Garden view is in pink on the bottom right.

ETA: I will be in a standard view CL room at BC in less than two weeks with an ECV. I will take and post a pic of how it looks if no one else has one. I can't seem to find one in my photos at YC/BC.

That would be great! I was thinking of parking it in front of the desk or the door to the connecting room. I had a standard room once at AKL and had to park it in front of one of the sinks (which was ok since I was solo). This trip I'll be with others and want to keep the traffic ways clear as possible.

I just stayed at Beach Club and I noticed that the door didn't go all the way to the ground, there was about an inch of space above the floor. Is that normal for this hotel? I didn't notice it until I went to sleep and the room was filled with light from the hallway so I put pillows in front of it. It seemed like the bottom part of the door was missing, but looking around at other rooms nearby it looked like they all were like that.

I just stayed at Beach Club and I noticed that the door didn't go all the way to the ground, there was about an inch of space above the floor. Is that normal for this hotel? I didn't notice it until I went to sleep and the room was filled with light from the hallway so I put pillows in front of it. It seemed like the bottom part of the door was missing, but looking around at other rooms nearby it looked like they all were like that.

Yes, every room we've had at Beach Club has had that gap.

“Mermaid School

Guests can become part of Ariel’s world at the Mermaid School at select Walt Disney World resort hotels. Guests ages 4 and older can enjoy an hour-long class where they’ll be fitted with a swimmable “tail” and led through activities teaching them how to swim in a pool like a mermaid. Mermaid School will be offered on select dates at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Classes are $50/person (plus tax). Bookings will open mid-March through 407-WDW-PLAY.“

So for $50 do you think the kids get to keep the mermaid tail??

I am trying to catch up on the thread today.

The announcement of Mermaid School has triggered "splashback" memories to a prior discussion of mermaid tails on this thread.

Dive back in time with me, during the February 2015 Snowpocalypse, for the saga of "The Mermaids Tale"

The Mermaid's Tale

:fish:

A0E83737-13E1-4234-9210-58B4C6470279.jpeg
That would be great! I was thinking of parking it in front of the desk or the door to the connecting room. I had a standard room once at AKL and had to park it in front of one of the sinks (which was ok since I was solo). This trip I'll be with others and want to keep the traffic ways clear as possible.

I don’t know how much the rooms have changed since this past October, but I usually back in (Very Slowly) the ECV’s (we usually have 2) in front of the dresser. The top has outlets to plug in easily. It takes practice, but I’ve done it enough to get them on the first try without hitting the door or furniture. (See above photo). There’s enough room to sidle past for my Pooh sized sister. Just make sure if you need something out of the drawers to get them before parking.

@natebenma, after a terrible start of 2019, I’ve finally caught up on this thread. Next time you update the guest list, could you please add us for October 28-November 4, 2019. We are coming for Food and Wine (& Halloween at the resort). Thanks, and thanks for all you do for this thread. Take care!

Page 1415-1417

We were thinking of booking a CL stay. Does the lounge serve beer and wine all day, or is it only in the evening? Also, is it out and available to take yourself, or does a CM need to bring it to you? TIA for any info!

:welcome: to the thread!

Please let us know if you have booked a trip here.

As others have said, the beer and wine is served by a CM, upon request. Evening cordials are usually self-serve.

:cool1:

Hi , Dee when you get a chance could you add me to the BE OUR GUEST for the Beach Club for July 27 thru August 4 . Thank you so much and Have A Magical Day !

Will do!

:woohoo:

Got to the resort a little after 10AM. Our standard view room was upgraded to a garden view room. I had my suspicion because the app said garden view after I checked it when we landed. I didn't want to spill the beans to my husband because I didn't want to be wrong.

Snapchat-63348138_zpsrmxvqpus.jpg

Here is our view looking out to the left...

I would have 100% paid for a garden or water view if it had been available...I even checked availability daily, nothing. I'm ecstatic to get such a beautiful view!

Also, it's a king room! A big beautiful bed!

Everyone we have encountered at this resort has been so friendly. Also, the bus stop is so close to the main lobby! This may be my new favorite resort!!

We are now on our way to Disney springs to grab lunch! No naps for this chick!

Awesome upgrade and view!

Hope you had a fantastic trip.

I haven't seen if you provided a review later in the thread. What was the room number?

:goodvibes

Hi can you add us to the the list...we will be staying at YC Aug. 23 - 31, 2019. We are booked in a Garden/Woods view room! I'm taking my 75 yr old mom for her Birthday!!! This will be my 2nd time at YC and my mom's 1st! I love being able to walk to 2 of the parks....and with her in an ECV it makes it so much easier for her!

:welcome: back!

That is so great that you are bringing your mom. I agree- the Yacht Club is a fantastic choice!

:thumbsup2

We are staying at YC for the first time from April 5th through April 9th. We were originally going to stay at Wilderness Lodge, but my 10 year old daughter and her best friend are going and SAB is to enticing to pass up. I'm running all of the Star Wars races this weekend but look forward to being so close to Epcot and HS and just being around the Boardwalk at night. I'm still following along but really appreciate all of the great discussion here about the resorts. My family is so excited to stay at Yacht Club.

I'll add your dates to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:dogdance:

Last edited:
Well, booked our return trip to Yacht Club for May 5-14 2020. :cool1: As an FYI, the only rooms available on those dates were lagoon view and club level (booked lagoon view), so looks like rooms are already going for 2020. And the room only charge for 2020 might be about $700 more for 9 nights compared to the rates for the 9 roughly similar nights in May 2019 - :crazy2: - but hard to tell exactly.

Last edited:
We will be staying here for a convention. I don’t have any idea what room to request. Maybe just take my chances and hope for the best? We will be in a standard double queen room.

We will be staying here for a convention. I don’t have any idea what room to request. Maybe just take my chances and hope for the best? We will be in a standard double queen room.

We have found some of our favorite rooms by not making any requests.

Hi, Dee! Can you add us to the list? My daughter and I will be staying at the Beach Club from November 30 to December 6. Can't wait! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter