Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That sounds about right! There aren't a lot of places you could walk to if you are following that foot path from BC. But, if you are not sure, you can always open google maps and select walking directions.

Why didn't I think of that... to just use Google maps when walking lol. Sometimes I miss the obvious!

Sounds about right in distance and the path from BC to HS is pretty easy to figure out once you reach the the crossroad for Swandolphin and the Epcot area hotels under the bridge which is the only place I can recall there is a sign. You just walk straight up the canal and there is only one side with a walking path.

Here's a link that gives visuals and probably more detailed directions:

https://touringplans.com/blog/2014/05/16/disney-holllywood-studios-walking-path/

HTH
This is awesome and helps a ton! Thank you so much!

Looking at the BC CL floor, I am thinking this area circled in red would be the most ideal to request for standard view. A little removed from the main hallway, yet midway to the elevators and lounge without being right next door.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 9.29.39 AM.png

I'm not really sure how I would ask for one of these rooms. I also want two queen beds. Would I just list specific rooms numbers? Lake side? "Wing H?" (whatever that means)

Looking at the BC CL floor, I am thinking this area circled in red would be the most ideal to request for standard view. A little removed from the main hallway, yet midway to the elevators and lounge without being right next door.

View attachment 388689

I'm not really sure how I would ask for one of these rooms. I also want two queen beds. Would I just list specific rooms numbers? Lake side? "Wing H?" (whatever that means)

I requested the exact same thing, but I can't remember exactly what I put as a request so I can't be too much help! I think I picked one of the rooms on TP and in the comments wrote all of the room numbers in that section, and when I emailed DSS I think I said something like "rooms with a partial (or maybe sideways) view of SAB or the back entrance". FWIW I didn't get one, and I think it would have been so much better than the view of the front entrance that we had.

This feels like deja vu. Did I answer this already on another thread or a while ago on here? Well, hopefully my answer was consistent :laughing:.

I requested the exact same thing, but I can't remember exactly what I put as a request so I can't be too much help! I think I picked one of the rooms on TP and in the comments wrote all of the room numbers in that section, and when I emailed DSS I think I said something like "rooms with a partial (or maybe sideways) view of SAB or the back entrance". FWIW I didn't get one, and I think it would have been so much better than the view of the front entrance that we had.

This feels like deja vu. Did I answer this already on another thread or a while ago on here? Well, hopefully my answer was consistent :laughing:.
I totally cross-posted over from the CL thread!

I appreciate the response. I agree it would be better than the front parking lot views. I am about to update my TP fax and think listing the specific numbers work best there. I also have an e-mail drafted to SS for two queen beds and figured I should add the location request in the same message. I like partial SAB/back entrance view. Hoping I can get one of them! The floor doesn't seem that big so any room would be fine, but not locations are created equal. lol I had the last room in YC one time and it was a maze to get to, but I survived!

I totally cross-posted over from the CL thread!

I appreciate the response. I agree it would be better than the front parking lot views. I am about to update my TP fax and think listing the specific numbers work best there. I also have an e-mail drafted to SS for two queen beds and figured I should add the location request in the same message. I like partial SAB/back entrance view. Hoping I can get one of them! The floor doesn't seem that big so any room would be fine, but not locations are created equal. lol I had the last room in YC one time and it was a maze to get to, but I survived!
I knew it seemed familiar!! We were in something like 5670, and it was a good location as far as the lounge went but I just don't care for the standard views at the BC and YC. It was fine, but nothing that made me want to be on our full balcony, that's for sure. I would have loved to have booked a step up and gone for garden view at least, but we needed a rom that slept 5 so we were stuck with SV. Now we can't even stay CL at the BC and YC since they stopped allowing 5 in any CL rooms, so i feel lucky we tried it last summer even though it wasn't my favorite for a variety or reasons.

I knew it seemed familiar!! We were in something like 5670, and it was a good location as far as the lounge went but I just don't care for the standard views at the BC and YC. It was fine, but nothing that made me want to be on our full balcony, that's for sure. I would have loved to have booked a step up and gone for garden view at least, but we needed a rom that slept 5 so we were stuck with SV. Now we can't even stay CL at the BC and YC since they stopped allowing 5 in any CL rooms, so i feel lucky we tried it last summer even though it wasn't my favorite for a variety or reasons.

So do you think people who fax requests like this get preference over people who request nothing at all? Serious question, not trying to be snarky!

So do you think people who fax requests like this get preference over people who request nothing at all? Serious question, not trying to be snarky!
I believe the room assigners do what they can with the requests they receive. If you request nothing, you will get whatever is available. If you request something within reason and its available, I do think Disney will try to accommodate as best as it can.

From my research and past experience, simple requests work the best. You can ask for a specific building, floor, balcony size, etc. Mentioning only a specific room number may be harder to get and a room assigner may not realize why you've selected that specific room (floor, view, proximity to elevator, etc). You also need to make sure your request falls within your room category. If I said I wanted a ground level room when I have CL booked, I would be out of luck and the room assigner would be forced to put me somewhere on the 5th floor.

I've decided my requests will be:
- Two queen beds
- Back entrance/crescent lake side

My main priority is to have 2 queen beds. The standard view CL rooms I happen to want fall on the side of the resort facing the lake so I hope both can be accommodated by what I have sent!

Just a quick question:
Staying BC 9/8-9/14, water view.
Are there full size balconies available in this room tier? Want to make sure before I add this room request to our reservation.

Hi, everyone. We are staying at the BC soon! It’s our first time at an Epcot area resort. As HS and Epcot fans, we’re super excited. Quick question: Is a standard (water view) room big enough to store my mom’s ECV without us tripping over it? 3 adults, 1 child will be in the room. If you’ve brought one, where’s the best place to store it?

Stupid television question. We are staying at the Beach Club for the first time 8/4-8/14. In some room videos I've watched from a year ago the tv was attached to a hutch above the bureau but I just saw 2 videos from a couple of months ago that show the top piece of the bureau gone and a big screen TV attached to the wall. Have they recently replaced all the TV's in the rooms to the big screens on the wall? We are staying garden/woods view in a non concierge room.

TIA!!!

Stupid television question. We are staying at the Beach Club for the first time 8/4-8/14. In some room videos I've watched from a year ago the tv was attached to a hutch above the bureau but I just saw 2 videos from a couple of months ago that show the top piece of the bureau gone and a big screen TV attached to the wall. Have they recently replaced all the TV's in the rooms to the big screens on the wall? We are staying garden/woods view in a non concierge room.

TIA!!!

All rooms have the larger (55" or so) flat screen affixed to the wall--at least all of the rooms I have been housed in for the past few years.

Do all room types at the yacht club have[/QUOTE

Edited because I misread the question and made it BC in my head! Then I messed up the quote as I edited :sad2:

Anyway, at the YC all rooms have full balconies for all intents and purposes. There are a few rooms with no balcony, but very few so I would just assume you’ll have a balcony and if you happen to get one of the few that don’t try to get changed then.

ETA again - Ok it’s just a mess now; move along and someone who can do this correctly will answer!! :rotfl:

Not sure what you mean by "get preference" if guests don't request anything.

I just meant if I make no request, am I less likely to get a “desirable” room than if I make specific room requests? I always secretly hope if I make no requests and they happen to need to upgrade someone, maybe they’ll choose me :laughing: But I also worry that if I make no requests and others are requesting the more desirable rooms, that could leave me with whatever is leftover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts