Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for that reminder.

And I truly appreciate your congratulations on another NE visit to the Superbowl. Other than the Northeastern area of the country and a few limited pockets outside of here, finding anyone else who is happy about the outcome of last night's game is an impossible task, so it tends to be a very isolated local celebration. The games last night were incredible, but it is so sad that the end of the Saints-Rams game was marred by an atrocious non-call that most likely impacted the outcome of the game. We were on the edge of our seats for the AFC playoff game, Mahomes is an amazing talent and scary opponent. My football obsessed son Nate will be halfway around the world during the Superbowl, hopefully we will be able to communicate with him during the game.

:cheer2:

But so much fun for us New Englanders. :cheer2:

Returning to the YC May 5th-10th. :dogdance:

Just booked a bounce back (30% off) offer at Beach Club Sept 23-28! Hoping to make it just a husband and me trip. First time to Food & Wine! Can’t wait!!!

We will be there the same time as you! Recently changed our September booking from AKL to Beach Club as saw a great price that I couldn't refuse!

Booked BC on our last day to enjoy the pool but high is looking like 60 degrees are so. Will we be colder than we think we will? Hot tubs are great but I have a very active five year old who will want to be on the slide and lazy river and all over. Wondering how futile enjoying the pool will be in these lower temps! Thoughts?

Page 1377-1379

:welcome:
:wave2:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool2:

As previously mentioned, the rooms do have a coffee maker (probably a Cuisinart pod machine, but it sounds like some rooms now have Keurig machines instead). Toasters and microwaves are available in the Marketplace. You may also request a microwave for your room which will be provided free-of-charge if there is one available.

:thumbsup2

::yes::

Thank you! We have two weeks there - 19 September to 3 October. So excited!

Booked BC on our last day to enjoy the pool but high is looking like 60 degrees are so. Will we be colder than we think we will? Hot tubs are great but I have a very active five year old who will want to be on the slide and lazy river and all over. Wondering how futile enjoying the pool will be in these lower temps! Thoughts?

Pools are heated so it's only getting in and out that would be a problem. I guess it might depend where you are from too :) Being from Canada that actually sounds like great weather, or at least not that bad! Kids are usually better than the adults at getting in and out in cooler weather. I imagine you will be able to find a chair pretty easy so put the towels near where you'd get in/out and you should be fine!

We were at Disney late last January. There were a few people in the pools at POR when the temp was in the 50’s. We’re from Buffalo so we know cold weather. But the 50s in Florida felt colder than the 50s at home. I think it is the humidity that makes it worse. Remember too that if the high is 60, that might only be for about an hour at 2 pm. The rest of the day might be in the 50s. There is no way I personally would be swimming when it is 50s. But I’m old. Kids are definitely more tolerant than us old people. :rotfl2:

Pools are heated so it's only getting in and out that would be a problem. I guess it might depend where you are from too :) Being from Canada that actually sounds like great weather, or at least not that bad! Kids are usually better than the adults at getting in and out in cooler weather. I imagine you will be able to find a chair pretty easy so put the towels near where you'd get in/out and you should be fine!
We live quite literally on the shore of Lake Erie. Currently under a foot a snow although it’s raining today which is helping. Felt like -10 yesterday morning. So 60 will feel tropical for us but swimming still may be dicey. So bummed!

IIRC, the December discount ended a few days before Christmas (around the 21st or so) and nothing was offered again until after the New Year.

Thanks. We normally stay for 14 nights so it’s possible some of our days would be at a discounted rate but may not be enough to make financial sense. Lots of numbers to crunch! :)

Awesome! It’s my favorite resort. Have you been there at that time of year before? This will be my first time in September.
Yes we usually go this time of year... two and a half years ago we were there for the hurricane which wasn't fun! Last year though just two really short showers the whole two weeks. Now that's what I'm after!!

Sooo, I kind of did a thing...

We cancelled our October trip in favor of paying off some bills (looking at you, car payment!) And during a conversation with my husband about what he wants for his birthday dinner, I jokingly mentioned narcoossees! He said I could go there for my birthday if I wanted, but he wanted to go somewhere else. What?!

So, I booked us at the yacht club for March 9th-12th and airfare is booked so there's no going back!

Also adding, I'm probably not doing narcoossees for my birthday dinner (although it's a lovely place!) Now I need to book dining and fastpasses!

I have a stay at the Yatch club coming up and wanted to confirm delivery of groceries/amazon prime now packages. Since the Yatch club is a convention hotel do they go to Bell Services or do I have convention issues to deal with?

ETA: Yatch club August 23-30!

Last edited:
I have a stay at the Yatch club coming up and wanted to confirm delivery of groceries/amazon prime now packages. Since the Yatch club is a convention hotel do they go to Bell Services or do I have convention issues to deal with?

ETA: Yatch club August 23-30!

Bell Services.

OMG! OMG! OMG!

New specialty coffee bar has opened at the Beach Club!!! Best use of the Solarium I have seen and I love that it is open at 5:30 am, almost early enough for me.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...QiRWTUeHD3xHAiT5EacJ12L0xfqQpWgF07yNFtgL7nk6k

Sign.jpg Menu.jpg Bar.jpg Pastries.jpg plate.jpg

It is unclear whether they will serve my vice of choice- hot, black coffee, so if someone could check out the place for research purposes, please let me know.

:coffee:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter