Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Had anyone had luck with a club level room that is not available now - open up before your stay? We are staying at BC in august for our 10 year anniversary. Right now we have a standard room. I asked our travel agent last Friday to upgrade us to club level, as a surprise for my husband, she gave me what the updated price but then went away for the weekend and by the time she came back Monday - all the club level rooms were gone :-(. I’m so upset because I was really excited about surprising my husband and kids with it. She said she would keep a look out if anything opens up.... does this ever happen? Should I just give up hope now? Thanks!

Keep checking everyday, it wasn't available when the discount came out but two days later I got it!!!! I originally had a standard room booked. Don't lose hope just keep an eye out :surfweb:

Page 1377-1379

Pardon my oversight! Forgot to give a couple of new posters the traditional "Hello"

:wave2:

I just overheard a life guard

:welcome:

Thanks for sharing what you heard with us!

:magnify:

Yes, I noticed this last night!

:welcome: to the thread.

Thanks for posting here.

Do you have an upcoming stay booked at the resort?

:cool1:

Hi all, just booked a Beach Club stay for September and I'm very excited! The last few years we have stayed at SSR so have got used to having a kitchenette, but at Beach Club we have a garden view room. i know there is a coffee maker, but is there also a toaster or a microwave? We usually have a quick breakfast in the room so just figuring options...! Thank you :-)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool2:

As previously mentioned, the rooms do have a coffee maker (probably a Cuisinart pod machine, but it sounds like some rooms now have Keurig machines instead). Toasters and microwaves are available in the Marketplace. You may also request a microwave for your room which will be provided free-of-charge if there is one available.

:thumbsup2

Okay, so after spending our December WL trip slightly disappointed, we’ve done some shuffling. Dee, can you add these additional trips to the Be Our Guest list please?

April 19-22 - YC GV (was supposed to be OKW but got a great AP rate so had to switch)
May 17-19 YC CL SV (although still have a really good BB booking at POFQ, so might wimp out and save some $$)
Sept 2-6 YC SV on an awesome BB rate to celebrate my retirement (or maybe BC SV with free dining, but likely YC)

Our plan was originally to try all sorts of different resorts, but BC/YC keeps calling us home.

Thanks!

Got it!

That's awesome!!!

:woohoo:

Going to be back at the Beach Club for a week and a half this August. I can’t wait to be back “home”! It is by far our favorite resort.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

Sitting at MCO waiting to board our flight home. We had a lovely stay at Beach Club. We were in room 1530 so right by the secret entrance and soooo close to Epcot. It was not even 5 minutes to walk to the International Gateway. Also the door to the quiet pool was right across from our room so great for those things. A bit of a walk to the lobby but no problem. On occasion we got some noise from passerbys on the sidewalk but nothing when we weren't awake already. We had requested a king bed but no luck there but the room was great regardless.

It was a lovely stay for marathon weekend! Thanks for all the help and info on this thread.

Thanks for the great description of your room.

Did you have a daybed in addition to the 2 queen beds?

Any chance you have a picture of the view from your room?

::yes::

Last edited:
Question for those who have stayed at the BC in the last couple months. Do they still have the individual toiletries, or have they gone to the big bottles on the shower wall? I really hate that idea and hope, for the deluxes at least, that they leave the individual bottles.

Page 1380-1382 (Edit to add additional posts, in no particular order. DIS is wonky for me this morning)

Thanks Natebenma - we will be there Next Thur 1/24 thru Sat 1/26 - then spending a week offsite. Was thinking about just staying at the resort and enjoying the pools (if the weather cooperates) and all the activities and no parks until Sunday - but it's so cheap to add a 6th & 7th day to my kids tickets and I have an AP. LOL. So, might need a scooter to go enjoy EPCOT or DHS for a few hours!

I just read your post a little more closely. The picture I posted with 2 ECVs was a BC room, but I still think you would be able to fit an ECV in a YC room with a daybed. We always recommend that you bring the ECV into the room to charge overnight- if left in the hallway, there is a chance it could be unplugged and not be ready when you need it.

I decided to take the plunge and book CL for our upcoming stay in February. It's a standard room. Any room recommendations I should consider???

Great! I'll make the change to the list.

What is important to you in a room? Full balcony? Daybed? Close to lounge/elevator?

I'm staying at the Yacht Club from 1/24 - 1/30 in a garden/woods view. Are the rooms facing the gazebo a good request? It looks like it has nice views, including some sights of the lake in a few, but I wasn't sure about how heavily the gazebo is used for weddings/events and any noise factor. Most days will not be rope drop so I'm mostly curious about early morning set up for early events in case we want to sleep a little later.

Are there any other suggestions for room requests to consider?

Thanks

Thanks! How is the noise on the lower levels from the rooms above? When I stay in values I always request a top floor. Not sure if it matters as much here.

I'll add you to the list.

Asking for a gazebo view is a very popular request. It is not used frequently enough to provide any disruption, even if you could hear any activity from weddings there.

Yes, it is possible to hear noise above (or from next door) depending on who is staying around you. You could request a high floor, but some, if not all of the gazebo view rooms will have club level rooms above.

:cool2:

Any idea why it changed? Did they remove the 5th sleeping spot with a refurb or something? YC is discounted more than BC, so it really stinks.

Not sure if you are aware, but I believe that BC CL is also only allowing bookings for 4 or fewer guests

::yes::

My daughter and I will be coming to Disney World in September, and the original plan was to stay at POR September 1-6, but I kept thinking of how much I would love to stay at Yacht Club. Well, long story short, I added a few days to the trip and will now be doing a split stay...September 1-4 at POR and then September 5-8 at Yacht Club!

I am so excited...I booked a water view room in hopes we get one that overlooks Crescent Lake. My DD12 is also thrilled that we will be within walking distance to the carrot cake they have at the Boardwalk lol

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Me again! In need of help.

We have a stay booked at the YC ( 1st time here as we are BC lovers but trying something new!).
The last 3 nights of our holiday we need to find a room. So, our Options are: move to BC club level or contemporary garden wing. $300 more for BC club. But we are doing the halloween party at MK on the day we would check in to Contemporary/BC and walking to and from MK sounds good. But the convenience of BC and not moving is also appealing plus all the snacks and drinks.

What is BC club like, what do you get for breakfast and evening snaks, do they have child friendly options, also what time do they bring the alcohol out!!!! Lol.

Thanks x

Make sure you take a look at Page 1, Post 12 for info on club level at the resort.

A few questions for you- So is that $300 more total for 3 nights at BC than at the Contemporary? How many in your travel party? How would you be using the offerings in the lounge? Breakfast every morning? Resort breaks in the early afternoon or pre-dinner?. As far as drinks, beer and wine is set out for the evening offerings 5-7 pm and cordials-like Amaretto and Kahlua, from 8-10 pm. There are definitely child-friendly offerings. Pastries in the morning, snacks in the afternoon and peanut butter, fruit, rolls, cheese, crackers available in the evening.

I haven't done it, but I believe you could ask for a can of beer earlier in the day to bring back to the room- Can anyone confirm that is correct or do the CMs have to open the beer can before giving it you?

Let us know what you decide.

I found a good rate for Yacht club on priceline (not a blind bid-just their rate) for the last week of June. It says 2 queens/1 king and no guarantee on which you'll get. If I book it, can I call Disney and request 2 beds? Has anyone booked a Disney hotel with Priceline and did it work out okay? Thanks!

Let us know if you book the trip.

Yes, you can call to request 2 Queens. If there are more than 2 people in your travel party, then you would likely receive a room with that bedding option.

Question for the masses: If you book through a 3rd party like Priceline or Expedia are you able to place requests with Disney yourself, or do they need to do that similarly to if you booked with a travel agency?

Please add our quick trip to the Be Our Guest list please! Beach Club 2/9-2/11

Will do!

:woohoo:

I just heard the song the yacht club by owl city and it made me happy since we are staying there for the first time in 8 days!

I'll have to give that a listen!

:music:

Just booked a bounce back (30% off) offer at Beach Club Sept 23-28! Hoping to make it just a husband and me trip. First time to Food & Wine! Can’t wait!!!

I'll add you to the list!

:goodvibes

Question for those who have stayed at the BC in the last couple months. Do they still have the individual toiletries, or have they gone to the big bottles on the shower wall? I really hate that idea and hope, for the deluxes at least, that they leave the individual bottles.

As of last week, still the individual bottles.

:magnify:

Last edited:

$$$$. They were losing too much of it by allowing 5 guests access to the lounge for the same $ as 4 or less.
I just realized it is at BC too. That is super frustrating. Families of 5 are already quite limited. Why not earmark a certain category as 5th sleeper (GV or something) and charge extra? Or charge extra in any cat for the 5th guest. I'm really disappointed in this. Disney is starting to kill my magic lately.

Thank you natebenma.

I am all booked at last. CR room went so our descision was made for us. There's me dh dd15 and dd7. We usually stay BC but have decided to try YC.

Please add us to BOG for 8 Aug, 12 nights YC, then 3 night BC club level.

Very excited to try club, we have the DDP the 1st 12 nights and will utilize the club offerings the last 3 nights!

Am i right in thinking, to get to club level you need to scan your band in the elevator? Kids will love this after watching others do it. Little things lol.

Thanks again. X

Thank you natebenma.

I am all booked at last. CR room went so our descision was made for us. There's me dh dd15 and dd7. We usually stay BC but have decided to try YC.

Please add us to BOG for 8 Aug, 12 nights YC, then 3 night BC club level.

Very excited to try club, we have the DDP the 1st 12 nights and will utilize the club offerings the last 3 nights!

Am i right in thinking, to get to club level you need to scan your band in the elevator? Kids will love this after watching others do it. Little things lol.

Thanks again. X

Will do!

As you probably know, as soon as you check-in to your BC room you will have access to the club lounge, so if you do that first thing in the morning, you can have breakfast that day, even if your room isn't ready yet.

Yes, you must scan your bands in the elevator to get to the 5th floor.

One of the memories from a past family trip was when the 4 of us got onto an elevator with a teenage girl. At the time, we had to use our key cards to gain access to club level. As the girl exited on the 3rd floor she gave a little wave and said "Enjoy your club level!" in a very sarcastic tone, but it cracked us up!

:rotfl:

Question for the masses: If you book through a 3rd party like Priceline or Expedia are you able to place requests with Disney yourself, or do they need to do that similarly to if you booked with a travel agency?
I have been able to place room requests called in to the phone number listed for the resort, between five and nine days prior to arrival. This has worked whether booked directly with Disney or thru TA or 3rd party site.

When calling in, you will be asked the name under whom the reservation was made, the resort, and check-in date.

BTW, Dee, congrats on the Pats' win!

Last edited:
I have been able to place room requests called in to the phone number listed for the resort, between five and nine days prior to arrival. This has worked whether booked directly with Disney or thru TA or 3rd party site.

When calling in, you will be asked the name under whom the reservation was made, the resort, and check-in date.

BTW, Dee, congrats on the Pat’s win!

Thanks for that reminder.

And I truly appreciate your congratulations on another NE visit to the Superbowl. Other than the Northeastern area of the country and a few limited pockets outside of here, finding anyone else who is happy about the outcome of last night's game is an impossible task, so it tends to be a very isolated local celebration. The games last night were incredible, but it is so sad that the end of the Saints-Rams game was marred by an atrocious non-call that most likely impacted the outcome of the game. We were on the edge of our seats for the AFC playoff game, Mahomes is an amazing talent and scary opponent. My football obsessed son Nate will be halfway around the world during the Superbowl, hopefully we will be able to communicate with him during the game.

:cheer2:

Always love coming back to this thread for all the updated information. Thanks!:thanks:

The whole family was just at BC at Christmas time, spent 3 days there before New Years. I had booked a Woods view and was a little afraid because we had stayed at CL the last couple of stays. When we checked in, they asked us we we minded a ground floor room near EP. With it being so busy, I thought by-passing the elevators might be a good thing and wow was it ever. We were given the room right next to the "secret" entrance, we only had to walk around the corner and we were out. Great location, was worried about the traffic but the only small issue was the humidity in the hallway. Meanwhile, already had booked a spring break trip with my DS at PO-RS. We have never stayed there, but once we were at BC I knew I couldn't stay there. I changed the reservation back to BC-CL. I am a wimp.:rotfl2:

Always love coming back to this thread for all the updated information. Thanks!:thanks:

The whole family was just at BC at Christmas time, spent 3 days there before New Years. I had booked a Woods view and was a little afraid because we had stayed at CL the last couple of stays. When we checked in, they asked us we we minded a ground floor room near EP. With it being so busy, I thought by-passing the elevators might be a good thing and wow was it ever. We were given the room right next to the "secret" entrance, we only had to walk around the corner and we were out. Great location, was worried about the traffic but the only small issue was the humidity in the hallway. Meanwhile, already had booked a spring break trip with my DS at PO-RS. We have never stayed there, but once we were at BC I knew I couldn't stay there. I changed the reservation back to BC-CL. I am a wimp.:rotfl2:

Awesome!

Thanks for the kind words.

I wouldn't call you a wimp- I prefer to say "wise consumer"

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. March?

And I truly appreciate your congratulations on another NE visit to the Superbowl. Other than the Northeastern area of the country and a few limited pockets outside of here, finding anyone else who is happy about the outcome of last night's game is an impossible task, so it tends to be a very isolated local celebration. The games last night were incredible, but it is so sad that the end of the Saints-Rams game was marred by an atrocious non-call that most likely impacted the outcome of the game. We were on the edge of our seats for the AFC playoff game, Mahomes is an amazing talent and scary opponent. My football obsessed son Nate will be halfway around the world during the Superbowl, hopefully we will be able to communicate with him during the game.

I was happy to see Brady get another bid and be Superbowl bound. I was, however, extremely disappointed that the other old guy (and another B1G quarterback) was denied his due because the refs failed to make a call. I will be cheering Brady and The Patriots!

For Historical Purposes- Disruption to Friendship Boat Service, Winter 2018

Friendship Boat Disruption???, Nov 28-Dec 25

*** Good News *** Beginning November 30, the Friendship boats will continue to run to and from EPCOT until 9:30 pm at which time guests may use bus service or walk between EPCOT and the nearby resorts.

Normal service is expected to resume in late December.

From Orlando Theme Park News:
FriendShip Boat Service to Be Available Until 9:30 p.m. Daily Beginning Nov. 30

Per Disney's HUB (info for Cast Members) dated 10/19/18:

The FriendShip boats will have normal operationss, except for EPCOT, from late Nov 2018 until late Dec 2018. The walkway to/from the IG will remain open for foot track and park entry/exit, though there will be no boat service. Boat service at Boardwalk, YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin and Hollywood Studios will operate as normal.

Reported October 2018:

According to a memo sent by Costco travel to guests with upcoming trips to the Swan and Dolphin resorts, the Friendship boats may be out of service, November 28-December 25, due to gondola construction issues. Buses will be used to transport guests of those resorts to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. There is no mention about whether the walking path will be impacted:

Costco memo

So far, we have seen no official communications from Disney about how or if this will affect transportation between the Yacht & Beach Club and EP/HS or if the walking path will be impacted. Inquiries to Disney Signature Services by club level guests have received replies that they are unaware of any upcoming disruptions.

ETA: unofficial communications with CMs indicate that the Friendship boats to HS will still be running.

Disney has called guests who have booked Illuminations cruises during this time period to let them know that they have been cancelled, but have offered a replacement of an Illuminations dessert party with admission to EP included.

FWIW: This was posted on the Rumors board on October 18

My husband sent an email last night to George Kalogridis , an executive at Disney. We received a phone call this morning with the following answer:

1. There will be no pedestrian impact on the IG during the construction of the skyliner.

2. Yes there will be an impact on the Friendship Boats to Epcot.

3. There will be no impact on the Friendship boats to HS.

4. There will be no impact on the walkway to HS.

5. They apologized that no formal notice has gone out and they are working on a formal notice to be sent out.

I have updated the Be Our Guest with changes from the last couple of weeks. I may have missed some info, so I would appreciate if you would check to see if I have your trip details listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

And I truly appreciate your congratulations on another NE visit to the Superbowl. Other than the Northeastern area of the country and a few limited pockets outside of here, finding anyone else who is happy about the outcome of last night's game is an impossible task, so it tends to be a very isolated local celebration. The games last night were incredible, but it is so sad that the end of the Saints-Rams game was marred by an atrociojus non-call that most likely impacted the outcome of the game. We were on the edge of our seats for the AFC playoff game, Mahomes is an amazing talent and scary opponent. My football obsessed son Nate will be halfway around the world during the Superbowl, hopefully we will be able to communicate with him during the game.

I was happy to see Brady get another bid and be Superbowl bound. I was, however, extremely disappointed that the other old guy (and another B1G quarterback) was denied his due because the refs failed to make a call. I will be cheering Brady and The Patriots!
I am really happy too Dee! But I am in MA too n
I believe the “ non call” was such an unfair way to lose

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter