Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So we might be switching our YC CL room to a room at pofq. We have until January 23 to decide but it would save us $900. We’re really struggling to decide which one to go with

$900 is no small amount! We love both Port Orleans resorts and are doing split stay between POR and BC next week.
They are both nice resorts and both very peaceful. We are doing a POR/YC split in April.

One thing about the $900 difference is that it's probably less, once you factor that you should get some value out of the food and beverages offered at CL. Would you be able to have dinner at the lounge on one or more nights? Are you able to have breakfast at the lounge? It probably won't save you $900, but it may make that difference in price not seem so large if your heart is set on YC.

They are both nice resorts and both very peaceful. We are doing a POR/YC split in April.

One thing about the $900 difference is that it's probably less, once you factor that you should get some value out of the food and beverages offered at CL. Would you be able to have dinner at the lounge on one or more nights? Are you able to have breakfast at the lounge? It probably won't save you $900, but it may make that difference in price not seem so large if your heart is set on YC.
Yep we decided to stay with yc. We will use the lounge every morning for breakfast while we are there, even on check out day. We are going to Epcot one of those days. The other day we are planning to walk to Fantasia putt putt, rent a sea raycer, and maybe go dancing at the dance hall. We’ve never done that before so not sure if we will or not. Jelly rolls is a possibility at night too

:welcome:

When is your trip? Which resort- BC or YC?

I don't know if it helps or not, but when calling, perhaps mention the reason having a daybed in the room is important to you. For example:

"Daybed, please. 4 adults in room"

"Daybed, please. Teen children of opposite gender"

I agree with the others- calling in your request is the best way to have this noted. You can still check-in online at 60 days, but don't indicate any request preferences when you do so.

When you check-in (or if you go directly to your room) and you find that it does not have a daybed, go to the front desk and ask if there is another room available with a daybed that you can switch to.

If not, you can see if a rollaway cot can be provided or you can let them know if you are willing to change rooms as soon as one with a daybed becomes available.

::yes::

I'm staying at bc, and booked through a travel agent. They've assured me they passed the info along. When I called Disney, I was told request had to be made through the agent. Thanks for all the help and info on this site!

I'm staying at the Yacht Club from 1/24 - 1/30 in a garden/woods view. Are the rooms facing the gazebo a good request? It looks like it has nice views, including some sights of the lake in a few, but I wasn't sure about how heavily the gazebo is used for weddings/events and any noise factor. Most days will not be rope drop so I'm mostly curious about early morning set up for early events in case we want to sleep a little later.

Are there any other suggestions for room requests to consider?

Thanks

I'm staying at the Yacht Club from 1/24 - 1/30 in a garden/woods view. Are the rooms facing the gazebo a good request? It looks like it has nice views, including some sights of the lake in a few, but I wasn't sure about how heavily the gazebo is used for weddings/events and any noise factor. Most days will not be rope drop so I'm mostly curious about early morning set up for early events in case we want to sleep a little later.

Thanks

I don’t know how often there are weddings, but I have never seen one. We go 2 or 3 times a year for a week at a time & stay at YC every trip. The gazebo view is very nice & probably the best garden view you can get.

Thanks

We once stayed in a first floor room directly in front of the gazebo. It is a beautiful view! There was a wedding while we were there. We could not hear any noise from our room at all. In fact, we didn't even know there was a wedding going on until we opened our curtain to let some light in!

Thanks! How is the noise on the lower levels from the rooms above? When I stay in values I always request a top floor. Not sure if it matters as much here.

Thanks! How is the noise on the lower levels from the rooms above? When I stay in values I always request a top floor. Not sure if it matters as much here.
I honestly think this depends on your neighbors. You could have someone loud next to you, across the hall, above you, below you. It really depends on other people. We generally request higher floors as well because that sometimes helps but not always

We stayed ground level last May and we heard more noise from the ice making machine room than any of our neighbours be it either side or the floor above.

We could of just been lucky I guess.

We had a room right under the club level lounge and it was horribly loud. When we called about it they offered to bring us earplugs. They said they could try to move us the next day. Once the lounge closed we didn’t hear any neighbors. They upgraded us to a very nice room the next day (we could see illuminations from the balcony) and that room was fairly quiet. No noise from above. It really does just depend on the neighbors usually though.

I am trying to book YC for an upcoming trip. Mostly it will be just me and the 3 kids. DH will pop in for 2 nights mid trip. Looks like YC CL no longer sleeps 5 at all. The sticky says standard view sleeps 5, but the booking system won't allow it, so I can't do CL b/c I won't be able to add him when he arrives. :( Just FYI so you can update the sticky.

I am trying to book YC for an upcoming trip. Mostly it will be just me and the 3 kids. DH will pop in for 2 nights mid trip. Looks like YC CL no longer sleeps 5 at all. The sticky says standard view sleeps 5, but the booking system won't allow it, so I can't do CL b/c I won't be able to add him when he arrives. :( Just FYI so you can update the sticky.

That is correct. Will do. I am a bit behind in updating Page 1 info, but thanks for the reminder about this important info. I'll have time tomorrow since I will be stuck home with the storm and football in New England

:cheer2:

That is correct. Will do. I am a bit behind in updating Page 1 info, but thanks for the reminder about this important info. I'll have time tomorrow since I will be stuck home with the storm and football in New England

:cheer2:
Any idea why it changed? Did they remove the 5th sleeping spot with a refurb or something? YC is discounted more than BC, so it really stinks.

My daughter and I will be coming to Disney World in September, and the original plan was to stay at POR September 1-6, but I kept thinking of how much I would love to stay at Yacht Club. Well, long story short, I added a few days to the trip and will now be doing a split stay...September 1-4 at POR and then September 5-8 at Yacht Club!

I am so excited...I booked a water view room in hopes we get one that overlooks Crescent Lake. My DD12 is also thrilled that we will be within walking distance to the carrot cake they have at the Boardwalk lol

Me again! In need of help.

We have a stay booked at the YC ( 1st time here as we are BC lovers but trying something new!).
The last 3 nights of our holiday we need to find a room. So, our Options are: move to BC club level or contemporary garden wing. $300 more for BC club. But we are doing the halloween party at MK on the day we would check in to Contemporary/BC and walking to and from MK sounds good. But the convenience of BC and not moving is also appealing plus all the snacks and drinks.

What is BC club like, what do you get for breakfast and evening snaks, do they have child friendly options, also what time do they bring the alcohol out!!!! Lol.

Thanks x

I don’t know how often there are weddings, but I have never seen one. We go 2 or 3 times a year for a week at a time & stay at YC every trip. The gazebo view is very nice & probably the best garden view you can get.

We are also booked in a garden view room in late October and were wondering how we can request a gazebo view room. Did you place a special request for a certain floor or location? I read a couple of guests' suggestions to request a certain building and direction the room faced (like bldg 1, facing NE) one one website. Thank you!

I found a good rate for Yacht club on priceline (not a blind bid-just their rate) for the last week of June. It says 2 queens/1 king and no guarantee on which you'll get. If I book it, can I call Disney and request 2 beds? Has anyone booked a Disney hotel with Priceline and did it work out okay? Thanks!

We are also booked in a garden view room in late October and were wondering how we can request a gazebo view room. Did you place a special request for a certain floor or location? I read a couple of guests' suggestions to request a certain building and direction the room faced (like bldg 1, facing NE) one one website. Thank you!
You would have to call resort reservations in order to have them add a request for gazebo view. The gazebo is in the middle of the courtyard with rooms in all three directions facing it. So you don't need to add a direction. There is only one building at the YC so you don't need to request that, either. :)

I found a good rate for Yacht club on priceline (not a blind bid-just their rate) for the last week of June. It says 2 queens/1 king and no guarantee on which you'll get. If I book it, can I call Disney and request 2 beds? Has anyone booked a Disney hotel with Priceline and did it work out okay? Thanks!

There's no guarantee for 2Qs or 1K when booking through Disney either. Call and add the request, and then ask again at checkin. You've got a good chance since there's way more 2Q than 1K rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter