Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Plz take the following with a grain of salt!
My DH spoke with a security guard yesterday at IG. The guard told DH that there might be a separate security for people coming off of the skyline. So the regular security point would stay the same for the rest us. We also got a peak behind the wall today because the door was open. It’s a mess back there and it is a large area that could possibly hold a small security area, but seems doubtful to me. Also there is no obvious construction to suggest that Disney is going to move or expand what’s currently there. To be honest, I’d like if the guard was right, so IG doesn’t become congested. I’m hoping Disney doesn’t do one of their let’s wait & see what happens, then deciding what to do about it after it’s caused a nightmare for guests.

It may be set up like the monorail where you go through security before you can get on. At MK you then bypass bag check at the entrance. I’m not entirely sure how they’d manage this at each hub but it could be possible.

It may be set up like the monorail where you go through security before you can get on. At MK you then bypass bag check at the entrance. I’m not entirely sure how they’d manage this at each hub but it could be possible.

That’s what I was thinking, too. I’d love it if they worked it like the monorails and believe it makes a lot of sense.

So we might be switching our YC CL room to a room at pofq. We have until January 23 to decide but it would save us $900. We’re really struggling to decide which one to go with
For $900 for a couple only I would for sure. You could do something special with that money on your Japan Trip.
I really enjoyed POFQ.
You go often.
Next trip could be YC CL.

Last edited:

For $900 for a couple only I would for sure. You could do something special with that money on your Japan Trip.
I really enjoyed POFQ.
You go often.
Next trip could be YC CL.
$900 is no small amount! We love both Port Orleans resorts and are doing split stay between POR and BC next week.
If we could split it with bc/yc I’d be all for it but right now it would be a cbr/pofq split and we aren’t sure we want to do two moderates. We actually are both thinking about keeping the yc CL now. We keep going back and forth though. We know $900 is a lot of money but we also wanted this to be a relaxing stay and planned a whole day around yc and using club level. We also have an Epcot day during those 3 nights

Had anyone had luck with a club level room that is not available now - open up before your stay? We are staying at BC in august for our 10 year anniversary. Right now we have a standard room. I asked our travel agent last Friday to upgrade us to club level, as a surprise for my husband, she gave me what the updated price but then went away for the weekend and by the time she came back Monday - all the club level rooms were gone :-(. I’m so upset because I was really excited about surprising my husband and kids with it. She said she would keep a look out if anything opens up.... does this ever happen? Should I just give up hope now? Thanks!

If we could split it with bc/yc I’d be all for it but right now it would be a cbr/pofq split and we aren’t sure we want to do two moderates. We actually are both thinking about keeping the yc CL now. We keep going back and forth though. We know $900 is a lot of money but we also wanted this to be a relaxing stay and planned a whole day around yc and using club level. We also have an Epcot day during those 3 nights

I mean, realistically, if it were all about saving money, no one would be staying Deluxe at all... ;) Just saying. I say do what you want to do for this trip!

Had anyone had luck with a club level room that is not available now - open up before your stay? We are staying at BC in august for our 10 year anniversary. Right now we have a standard room. I asked our travel agent last Friday to upgrade us to club level, as a surprise for my husband, she gave me what the updated price but then went away for the weekend and by the time she came back Monday - all the club level rooms were gone :-(. I’m so upset because I was really excited about surprising my husband and kids with it. She said she would keep a look out if anything opens up.... does this ever happen? Should I just give up hope now? Thanks!

No, don’t give up hope. Keep checking, things change all the time. I have a CL room booked at YC for Easter. I booked it with the regular public code, changed it to the Disney Visa rate & finally changed to a passholder rate when that came out in October. Problem was the first night was not discounted. I’ve been checking regularly ever since, sometimes several times a day. For awhile, no discounted rooms were available. About 10 days ago, a standard view CL showed up with the discount but I need a waterview. I had a minute yesterday afternoon & on a whim, I checked yet again. There it was—- the waterview CL room for the one night I needed with the passholder discount. I didn’t have time to call & modify so I booked it quick & called later & had my original reservation modified to drop the now double booked first night.

Anyway, the point of that long story is you never know when something might open up. Other people change their plans all the time which then opens rooms up. Just keep checking. And act fast when you see what you want. That is a drawback of using a travel agent, waiting for someone else may mean you miss an opening. I suppose if you find the room you want you can always book it & change it to the TA later. Good luck & happy anniversary!

Last edited:
Yes many times...rooms open up all the time. Check every day and multiple times a day when you get near the 30 day mark when packages are due. Keep checking until the day you leave. I wouldn't leave it up to the TA to check. I have a wonderful TA but I'm not her only client and I dont expect her to check everyday for me. When I find something i text her and she makes the changes. Would you consider the YC? You may have better luck there and it would increase your chance of something opening up. Good luck hope something opens up for you.

Quick check-in

Anybody who has stayed at YC with 5 people, (hopefully we will be in a 2 Queen Bed room with a daybed) have any recommendations on where a ECV/scooter would fit in the room? Is it possible to fit an ECV and a double stroller in the room and still be "comfortable"?

:welcome: to the thread?

When is your trip.

Here are a couple of pictures taken of 2 ECVs in a room that has 2 Queen beds and a daybed- I believe. Is that correct @AGoofykindagirl

:thumbsup2

ECVs .jpg ECVs in room.jpg

:welcome:

Yes, it is possible that a room will open up. There are changes all the time, so have her keep checking.

:cool2:

How many people in the room? 2 adults/2 kids? The club level rooms are no longer booking for more than 4 people in the room.

Yes, we have cabanas. Just verified with the CM at the entrance by HH. Construction began Monday. Location is at the corner of the crescent lake and YC paths. It appears to be relatively small from a footprint perspective but I can’t tell if it will a phased construction project.

Any chance you can grab a picture to post? I wonder how long it will take for them to finish? I’d love to book one for out Easter trip!! Dis research & all. :rolleyes1

Any chance you can grab a picture to post? I wonder how long it will take for them to finish? I’d love to book one for out Easter trip!! Dis research & all. :rolleyes1
We’re on our way to the airport now. There was not much to see. Construction walls and cinder blocks. They were doing a lot of concrete prep this week.

Quick check-in

:welcome: to the thread?

When is your trip.

Here are a couple of pictures taken of 2 ECVs in a room that has 2 Queen beds and a daybed- I believe. Is that correct @AGoofykindagirl

:thumbsup2

View attachment 375968 View attachment 375969

:welcome:

Yes, it is possible that a room will open up. There are changes all the time, so have her keep checking.

:cool2:

How many people in the room? 2 adults/2 kids? The club level rooms are no longer booking for more than 4 people in the room.

Thanks for the hope! We are 2 adults - 2 kids

Thanks Natebenma - we will be there Next Thur 1/24 thru Sat 1/26 - then spending a week offsite. Was thinking about just staying at the resort and enjoying the pools (if the weather cooperates) and all the activities and no parks until Sunday - but it's so cheap to add a 6th & 7th day to my kids tickets and I have an AP. LOL. So, might need a scooter to go enjoy EPCOT or DHS for a few hours!

Well we decided....we are going to keep our yc club level room. We were really excited to try club level and had an Epcot day planned plus a day to walk to Fantasia putt putt and use the little sea raycers if the weather is nice. We used our CSR to book so we will get 3x points for it being travel. We aren’t breaking the budget or anything by spending $900 more and we were already okay spending that much in the first place. Thanks everyone for your inputs. I’ve started getting really excited about the festival of the arts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!