Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

EE4FC008-56A6-4192-B58E-329ACA59B257.jpeg 54798922-8E59-46D6-BF17-A002C3EBD7BD.jpeg 0E28B33D-F0C2-4128-A87C-D139907FE5F2.jpeg

This year, there is a counter set up selling holiday snack items very similar to what they offer at the Grand Floridian gingerbread house. The cast member told me it was only for this weekend.

I honestly don’t know if the horses were assembled on site. I left in the morning and when I came back it was all completed. I will tell you that they were letting children place the hidden Mickeys on the carousel. It was really sweet! The chef was also there signing pins. I felt lucky to have seen all of this yesterday!

First stay at the BC and trying to decide what to put for our room request (I know it is purely a request and no guarantee). Any little tricks for better views that are still considered “standard view”? Or rooms that are more convenient than others?

I am requesting a daybed and would prefer ground floor or full balcony for a little adult space after the kids go to bed.

View attachment 365771 View attachment 365772 Here are a few more pics from the Marketplace. Not a huge fan of the new Beach Club stuff. I like the “plainer” styles, with a more understated logo. I suppose that’s my age talking!
I agree, I'm not a fan of the MERMAID theme... I still have a tee shirt from our first WDW trip WAAAAY back almost 3 decades ago... (yikes!) It's kind of been hidden away in my drawer, but I do wear it occasionally... Love it still! BC Tee.jpg

First stay at the BC and trying to decide what to put for our room request (I know it is purely a request and no guarantee). Any little tricks for better views that are still considered “standard view”? Or rooms that are more convenient than others?

I am requesting a daybed and would prefer ground floor or full balcony for a little adult space after the kids go to bed.
Standard View rooms at the BC will be either a roof or a parking lot view. They are probably some of the worst Standard View rooms. I don’t believe there are any Standard View on the first floor.

Standard View rooms at the BC will be either a roof or a parking lot view. They are probably some of the worst Standard View rooms. I don’t believe there are any Standard View on the first floor.
That’s disappointing. We’ve stayed standard view at poly twice and had excellent views of the grounds or pool. We are staying on a conference rate at BC this time, so I shouldn’t complain about the view for the price, but part of me thinks all deluxe resort rooms should have a view better than a parking lot.

That’s disappointing. We’ve stayed standard view at poly twice and had excellent views of the grounds or pool. We are staying on a conference rate at BC this time, so I shouldn’t complain about the view for the price, but part of me thinks all deluxe resort rooms should have a view better than a parking lot.
The parking lot is far away and behind trees so it isn't really too obvious. But the majority of the standard view rooms will be above a large, flat roof. We don't mind the standard view rooms that face Storm Along Bay. You can see the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake in the distance and the fireworks from Hollywood Studios are visible from many of these rooms. I would request one of these rooms. :)

Last edited:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered a thousand times. Do ALL the rooms at YC have the hand-held shower heads now, or just some? Also, do BC rooms now have them as well? Does it depend on room category? Would anyone know whether any of the other resorts have them now as well (not in designated accessible rooms, I mean). How would you rate their functioning? Thank you very much!!!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered a thousand times. Do ALL the rooms at YC have the hand-held shower heads now, or just some? Also, do BC rooms now have them as well? Does it depend on room category? Would anyone know whether any of the other resorts have them now as well (not in designated accessible rooms, I mean). How would you rate their functioning? Thank you very much!!!

They are dual showers: a rain head stationary plus the hand held one. All the YC rooms have them. We were in a BC room in April, just had the regular shower head. GF RPC had regular shower head in September. Not sure about other resorts, sorry.

We liked the new showers at YC just fine. We need to redo our bathroom in the next year or 2 & I already decided we’ll probably put in this type of shower set up.

I haven’t stayed Club Level at the BC, but our first stay at BC many years ago was in a standard view room. We saw the MK fireworks in the distance & had a beautiful view of Spaceship Earth. Gorgeous & mesmerizing at night!

We stay waterview club level at YC now. Yes, there is a roof directly under those rooms too. But I don’t stare down at the roof. Looking out instead of down gives a much nicer view. Sometimes the view improves depending on which way you look.

Also, not a good comparison with Poly. That club level building is isolated from the parking lots & roads. Most of the other resort club levels are not. At Contemporary, even the theme park view rooms look out over the parking lot & roadways too. Not sure what they could do to improve a view for only 1 floor of a resort?

Last edited:
Pop century has the dual shower heads after renovating all of their rooms

I sweet talked my husband into staying at the yacht club next year. The promise of a balcony overlooking the water sold him. Also, last night when I checked room availability...the only room available during the dates we wanted was water view club level. So I also talked him into club level, too. Of course when I went to book this morning, a water view non club level was available...but I'm not going to tell him that. :rolleyes1

So fingers crossed I'm not going to change my plans over the next 11 months! I'm excited to try out the yacht club!

Just wanted to wish all my DIS board family a happy thanksgiving day. I'm truly thankful for all of you who post on here on a regular basis sharing all the great information I find so useful related to the YC/BC. A special shout-out to our board moderator Dee for all her hard work to keep this all together.
Katesdad

Just wanted to wish all my DIS board family a happy thanksgiving day. I'm truly thankful for all of you who post on here on a regular basis sharing all the great information I find so useful related to the YC/BC. A special shout-out to our board moderator Dee for all her hard work to keep this all together.
Katesdad

I'm thankful that people like @Katesdad and @natebenma are so nice. People on other threads can be mean, but that's not the case here.

Giving thanks for family and friends, including friends on this thread, its special posters, and our great leader, Dee.

• images

Thanksgiving 4.jpg

And to my friends north of the border… Happy Thursday!!!

Just a quick moment to pop in here.

We are doing Thanksgiving-to-go today. Brining dinner to Mark's mom's house, will be eating with his mom and his brothers and family.

20 pound turkey went in the oven at 6, Indian pudding is cooking, mashed potatoes are prepped and just need to be finished when we get there. Cranberry relish made. Will make baked Crab Rangoons when we get there. Others bringing squash, rolls, pie.

Have a fantastic day, all!

Katesdad

I'm thankful that people like @Katesdad and @natebenma are so nice. People on other threads can be mean, but that's not the case here.

Giving thanks for family and friends, including friends on this thread, its special posters, and our great leader, Dee.

• images

What you all said!

I am so thankful for all of the wonderful friends I have found here.

:grouphug:

We are checking into the BC in less than two weeks!

I just read through page one, but does anyone happen to know what the current bus situation is (MK specifically) in terms of whether the BC/YC are still paired with Swan/Dolphin and what the order of stop is?

Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter