Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. PCFriar80

PCFriar80 BCV/CT

I think it might be this: Nespresso Gemini CS200 Pro Commercial Coffee Maker. Nespresso has a wide variety of machines!

[​IMG]

natebenma likes this.
  2. jlundeen

jlundeen Mickey Fanatic

Weeks ago in early voting! :)

natebenma likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

this is super helpful thank you

PCFriar80 likes this.
  5. marmar

marmar DIS Veteran

With folks forecasting the horrors of crowds using the international Gateway when the sky tram opens, I was reminded of our first stay at YC back in 1992. There was only Yacht and Beach, Swan & Dolphin. Where the BWI is was a green wall. The friendship boat only went to HS. The S&D folks had bus to Epcot main entrance. It really was our own private entrance to Epcot.

6. jlundeen

jlundeen Mickey Fanatic

:rotfl2:When I previewed your post in my email, it said "....horrors of "crows" using the IG..." and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why CROWS would be a problem at the IG..... ha ha ha... so glad to see that it's not just me that makes fat finger mistakes and doesn't catch them right away..... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Haley R likes this.
  7. lahobbs4

lahobbs4 Mouseketeer

9 Days until our first stay at BCV! Thank you for all of the information on this thread. It has been used MANY times in planning this trip!

With an early flight getting in at 10:00, and the BCV not ready until 4:00, how would you spend your non-park time in the BC/YC/BW area? We have three kids (10,8 & 5) and will bring pool clothes. But in case of rain or if it's chilly, I would like some other options! We will be at Disney Springs later in the week so we don't want to head there on our first day. We will eat QS lunch & dinner on arrival day, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!!

manakin likes this.
  8. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

Well, I don't have kids but I like to look in all of the Quick Service places to check out the cupcakes, and then choose the one which looks the best. Beach Club Marketplace, the Ale & Compass quick service place in the Yacht Club, the Boardwalk Bakery and the big gift shop on the BoardWalk. That big gift shop on the BoardWalk often has the best selection. If your kids like ice cream, you can check out the ice cream place on the BoardWalk.

The BoardWalk has a Community Hall which is open to everyone. It has games and things to do.

There is a game room at Yacht & Beach Club.

The BCV building has two common rooms off the lobby area. There is one which has doors that lead out to the pool. The other one (across the little lobby from that room) had a pool table in it; I don't know if it still does. The Solarium, which is across from the Beach Club Marketplace, sometimes has activities and sometimes is just open to hang out.

You never know when your room will be ready. Watch for a text, an email, a call. Check in the My Disney Experience app. Go to the front desk to ask. Sometimes your room is ready and you get no notification. Sometimes your room is ready in the morning. Sometimes it's well after 4:00. I know it's the official time, but really there is nothing magic about the 4:00 time in terms of whether or not your room will be ready for you.

lahobbs4 and Haley R like this.
  9. cocoabean1

cocoabean1 DIS Veteran

Are Uber's allowed at Disney resorts? Or just the cab service that is out in front of the resort?

thanks

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

10. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

Ubers are everywhere on property and welcome to be there.

11. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

Yes, Uber and Lyft are everywhere! Note that there are designated pick up and drop off spots at the Parks and Disney Springs. It's not to the front door or front of the Disney Springs restaurant.

12. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

There is a mini golf course across from the swan & dolphin. You can walk from Beach Club. If you are up for a bus ride, the winter summer land course near Blizzard beach is especially cute for kids. You take the animal kingdom bus & transfer to the blizzard beach bus there. It has a Christmas theme & is a lot of fun.

lahobbs4 likes this.
  13. marmar

marmar DIS Veteran

There is always Fantasia mini golf

lahobbs4 likes this.
  14. Cluelyss

Cluelyss DIS Veteran

So if I wanted to take the boat from HS to EP, I could still get a boat to BC then use the IG to walk to EP? And for the reverse trip, walk to BC then boat to HS? Just trying to understand the logistics!!

And Dee, can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list? Ecstatic that our waitlist came through in 1 day! BCV 6/8-6/11/19. Thank you!!

natebenma likes this.
  15. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

The boat dock for YC/BC is located at the YC. So, you will be able to ride the boat from HS to the YC and then take about a 7-10 minute walk from there to the IG at EPCOT. You could also get off at either the Swan/Dolphin dock or at the Boardwalk, and walk from there, but the walk would be slightly longer. There is usually an announcement made onboard that some time can be saved by getting off the boat at the Swan/Dolphin dock and walking over to EPCOT, but if you want a shorter walk, exit at the YC. To catch the boat to ride over to HS, when coming from the IG, board at the YC dock.

Cluelyss and natebenma like this.
  16. bookbabe626

bookbabe626 Formerly known as bookbabe_disneynut

It's decided. A fabulous long weekend at BC will be the way I celebrate my 50th birthday. Feb 15-18, BC std view.

I was toying with Contemporary theme park view, in a try-somewhere-new, go-big-or-go-home kind of way, but BC is where my heart lies, and the general public discount I got at BC is way larger than the AP discount at CR. And I've got B&C and Cape May reservations, so BC just makes way more sense.

DH is very indulgent of my Disney Habit, and all told this year we'll have done 7 long weekend trips to WDW by the time I have to renew our APs in May...May YC, Sept YC, Oct BW, Dec WL, Feb BC, April OKW, May POFQ (and then BC again in September). Yup, we're trying a whole bunch of new spots, but I keep drifting back to YC/BC. :-)

17. HHMcG

HHMcG DIS Veteran

Deciding on a resort. Down to YC and another.
    DH is concerned about bussing at YC. What resorts does YC share a bus with? Specifically to AK, if it makes a difference.

18. Dave006

Dave006 DIS Veteran

Normally the YC is the first stop and then a stop at Beach Club and then off to the park. However depending on the time of day (mid-day or the very last buses from the AK, additional stops may happen. It may be an addition of the BWI / BWV or on some nights the second or third park closing buses may even be all the Epcot resorts. (Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, BWI/BWV).

Dave

natebenma and Tess like this.
  19. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

We just stayed at bc and the yacht club was picked up before coming to us when we took the bus to ak

20. HHMcG

HHMcG DIS Veteran

Thanks!
    DH was convinced the norm was YC-BC-Swan-Dolphin. Sounds like it is more the exception.

21. gillep

gillep DIS Veteran

In my last three stays over the past year it has always been YC and BC sharing a bus, but we did not share with any of the other Epcot resorts, not to say it couldn't happen but it is not something that I have encountered recently.

HHMcG likes this.