Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The Disney Food Blog came to Beaches & Cream this morning for pics and taste testing.

I watched a guest working on one, this evening.

The kind fellow diner, who allowed me to take the photo, commented that the shake was very good, but very rich. That makes me wonder why I've never noticed the nutritional and caloric values listed on the dessert menu at Beaches & Cream. :rolleyes1

BTW, I don't know if the gentleman had any help working his way to the bottom of the shake, but he now belongs to the "clean the jar club." The plastic canning jar makes a nice souvenir.

View attachment 362105View attachment 362106

So bummed these debuted days after I checked-out of BC! At least it's something to look forward to during my first meal in December :)

Can anyone confirm if B&C is doing the Mini Sinks? Last time we were in they told us they were out of Mickey sinks and they were on back order. We are hoping to get one next month, my wife has plans for it.

One of the reasons why I won't stay ground floor anywhere. While I know critters can climb, makes me feel better to think they'll make a pit stop in one of the lower rooms before making it to a higher level one :rotfl:

Our last stay my husband and I did the DVC "tour" while our daughter slept in, once she woke up and had breakfast she met us over at the BW for the day. When we came back later that afternoon I waked into the room and there were muffin crumbs everywhere!!! I started yelling at our daughter for leaving the mess, then I realized that she had left the sliding door open and we had had a little furry visitor in the room :scared: :squirrel:. He took the muffin out on the balcony and left a mess there too. I think a lesson was learned that day.

Our last stay my husband and I did the DVC "tour" while our daughter slept in, once she woke up and had breakfast she met us over at the BW for the day. When we came back later that afternoon I waked into the room and there were muffin crumbs everywhere!!! I started yelling at our daughter for leaving the mess, then I realized that she had left the sliding door open and we had had a little furry visitor in the room :scared: :squirrel:. He took the muffin out on the balcony and left a mess there too. I think a lesson was learned that day.

:scared1: :rotfl2:

My best friend is currently at the BC with her husband (first time staying at this resort). They spent most of yesterday at Animal Kingdom and when they returned to their room in the afternoon, their room was propped open with the swinging lock hatch. No one was in the room and nothing was taken that she could tell BUT she was absolutely livid! Her husband went over to the front desk to speak to a manager and apparently he said he would speak to both mousekeeping and security right away but as of this morning she said he still hadn't done so but offered them fastpasses for the inconvenience. Needless to say that didn't go well.

She doesn't want any compensation but was more annoyed that he still had not addressed the situation and she let him know it too. In all my stays at the BC, we have NEVER had this occur. I feel bad because the only reason she chose the BC was because of our recommendation and now because of this, I doubt she'll ever stay there again. Anyone else had this issue recently?

Not recently, but we have had this happen at AKL, GF, and POR in the past. Apparently, housekeeping forgets to move the latch back inside when done with the room. My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for years and has told me that they are instructed not to do that but some get tired of using their key/MB to keep opening the door so they flip the latch.

Dee, we would like to take this moment in time to wish you the happiest BIRTHDAY. I can't express enough all the appreciation we have for all that you do to keep this thread running with informative, up-to-date, and relevant information. It just wouldn't be the same without you here. I sure hope Mark didn't forget your date this year and treats you to something really special. You deserve it!!
Katesdad
bae057563432cfb521499a8335e985cd.png

Dee, we would like to take this moment in time to wish you the happiest BIRTHDAY. I can't express enough all the appreciation we have for all that you do to keep this thread running with informative, up-to-date, and relevant information. It just wouldn't be the same without you here. I sure hope Mark didn't forget your date this year and treats you to something really special. You deserve it!!
Katesdad
bae057563432cfb521499a8335e985cd.png

AWWWW!!!!

Thanks for the very sweet message.

I have already received a birthday greeting from my better half, we have an exciting day ahead of early voting, flu shots and lunch.

We know how to party!

party:

Just read they are now trying a different method to enforce parking fees at the resorts. They are stationing non security CM at the guard shack to confirm people checking in that they have a car. One of the resorts mentioned was YC/BC. Can anyone confirm this? I think they rolled it out this past Sunday.

Just read they are now trying a different method to enforce parking fees at the resorts. They are stationing non security CM at the guard shack to confirm people checking in that they have a car. One of the resorts mentioned was YC/BC. Can anyone confirm this? I think they rolled it out this past Sunday.
Yes this is the case.

First, Happy Belated Birthday, Dee! Hope you had a great day!
Our week at BC was wonderful. We had called a week ahead of time to remind them we preferred ground floor, and verified when we arrived that we would get one. With 2 ECV’s (& a father who doesn’t do stairs well in case of emergency), downstairs is not only easier for us, but also anyone who would use the elevators.
We had room 1547, looking out at the quiet pool. We had drapes, which helped a lot with the afternoon sun. Everyone was very helpful, from checking in to Mousekeeping. I’ve tried to include some photos, showing current toiletries as well as the outlet between the beds with USB ports. Also, both ECV’s fit pretty well. I’ll try to resize the photo of the view and post it later. Dee, feel free to use any photos you think will help. 2E03A5F0-A70C-4DF9-B65E-5624CA0AD362.jpeg87D8E516-6089-40C7-9568-8AEE778C8EA8.jpegC8861B81-740F-4143-BCFC-13B71A5B62AD.jpeg2F694802-07E1-40C4-B57D-48B0C704526F.jpeg29B42F6B-0A1C-4172-88B0-3E1204EF6DAE.jpegF81E1885-E80B-485E-ADF1-BF90101FD289.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter