Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Whenever the family in the room next to us is talking too loud, I'll go close to the connecting door and talk loudly so that they can hear me. I usually say something that sounds like I am talking about the weather or something. It usually works to get them to lower their voices. :)
I always felt that BC is a LOUD resort. The lobby is loud, the hallway is loud, and even the convenient store is loud. We stayed at the YC for our last visit and it was soooooo quiet there. We walked to the BC for some water bottles and immediately had to speak in our loudest voice in order to hear each other.

Okay thanks! Are the deals really that good?
I have found they are slightly better than general public deals. More similar to AP rates. Just bookable much earlier and provide peace of mind. I got my December 2018 rooms in March of 2018. No deal released beat the price/availability.

As far as Bounceback blackout dates, Disney has excluded Friday and Saturday nights in Jan, Feb, March, and Apr 2019, as well as all of Oct/Nov and about the first week of December 2019. Checking availability at the YC, two types of rooms were available for my dates at the YC - CL Water View or the Turret Suite.

Bounceback offers no longer necessarily offer the best discounts. Sometimes, other promo offers meet or exceed BB discounts.

As far as Bounceback blackout dates, Disney has excluded Friday and Saturday nights in Jan, Feb, March, and Apr 2019, as well as all of Oct/Nov and about the first week of December 2019. Checking availability at the YC, two types of rooms were available for my dates at the YC - CL Water View or the Turret Suite.

Bounceback offers no longer necessarily offer the best discounts. Sometimes, other promo offers meet or exceed BB discounts.
Wow sounds like there isn’t much to book. We were hoping for a weekend in January or february but I guess not. We have a pin code at home that might be better.

This has been the case for a few years. All discounts are now pretty spotty!

Wow sounds like there isn’t much to book. We were hoping for a weekend in January or february but I guess not. We have a pin code at home that might be better.
I suggest you book with the code, if space is available for your dates and resort of choice.

Just stayed at the Beach Club for ten nights. It's been quite some time since we stayed there. We usually stay at the grand since my son was born before that we always stayed at the beach club. I have to admit the buses were excellent this trip, esp to Magic Kingdom. We never waited long for a bus. We had budgeted for Minnie Vans but only used them one time the entire ten night stay. We typically stay at the grand but as far as overall ease of getting to all the parks the beach club is def the best spot on property. I will even say it was easier to take a bus from the beach club back and forth to the MK than the monorail from the grand since the monorail so unreliable lately. The only 2 negatives I will give the best club is the carpets they are so wore out and dirty already, it was smart they used a darker beige carpet but you can def see how beat up they are. Also while the pool is wonderful I do not enjoy the maze link walk to get to it. I think we would have used the pool more if it was right outside our room if that makes sense. Just a personal preference I guess, we have swimmed more at other resorts because the pool was closer We were in club level and the cast members who are there at the desk are just wonderful!

A message on the Hub, dated 10/19/2018, states that the FriendShip boats will have normal ops, except for EPCOT, from late Nov 2018 till late Dec 2018. The walkway to/from the IG will remain open for foot traffic and park entry/exit, though there will be no boat service. Boat service at Boardwalk, YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin and DHS will operate as normal.

Last edited:
My best friend is currently at the BC with her husband (first time staying at this resort). They spent most of yesterday at Animal Kingdom and when they returned to their room in the afternoon, their room was propped open with the swinging lock hatch. No one was in the room and nothing was taken that she could tell BUT she was absolutely livid! Her husband went over to the front desk to speak to a manager and apparently he said he would speak to both mousekeeping and security right away but as of this morning she said he still hadn't done so but offered them fastpasses for the inconvenience. Needless to say that didn't go well.

She doesn't want any compensation but was more annoyed that he still had not addressed the situation and she let him know it too. In all my stays at the BC, we have NEVER had this occur. I feel bad because the only reason she chose the BC was because of our recommendation and now because of this, I doubt she'll ever stay there again. Anyone else had this issue recently?

My best friend is currently at the BC with her husband (first time staying at this resort). They spent most of yesterday at Animal Kingdom and when they returned to their room in the afternoon, their room was propped open with the swinging lock hatch. No one was in the room and nothing was taken that she could tell BUT she was absolutely livid! Her husband went over to the front desk to speak to a manager and apparently he said he would speak to both mousekeeping and security right away but as of this morning she said he still hadn't done so but offered them fastpasses for the inconvenience. Needless to say that didn't go well.

She doesn't want any compensation but was more annoyed that he still had not addressed the situation and she let him know it too. In all my stays at the BC, we have NEVER had this occur. I feel bad because the only reason she chose the BC was because of our recommendation and now because of this, I doubt she'll ever stay there again. Anyone else had this issue recently?

We just returned and didn't have an issue like this, but did have an issue which needed attention. New for this trip there is a one page welcome letter from the GM of the YC/BC, Kim Marinaccio with and e-mail address wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com to send any comments, questions or concerns to. We received a response within 12 hours. Can't say if it was directly from her or from someone on her staff, but at least it was acknowledged and responded to in a reasonable time. They may want to give this a try with as much detail as possible....including names of who they already talked to.

My only experience that is similar was one trip staying at French Quarter. I accidentally left the latch open myself when I went to get ice, and didn't notice that the door didn't close when we left for the park. When we returned later that day, the phone had a message from security saying that they found the room with the door latch propping it open, and wanted us to know, and to call them if there were any issues. They assumed it was housekeeping that had left it open. I called them back, and also stopped at the front desk to tell them I had done it myself, because I didn't want housekeeping folks to get in trouble. Hard to say how long our door was open, but nothing was disturbed. They thanked me for letting them know, and for "fessing up."

We just returned and didn't have an issue like this, but did have an issue which needed attention. New for this trip there is a one page welcome letter from the GM of the YC/BC, Kim Marinaccio with and e-mail address wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com to send any comments, questions or concerns to. We received a response within 12 hours. Can't say if it was directly from her or from someone on her staff, but at least it was acknowledged and responded to in a reasonable time. They may want to give this a try with as much detail as possible....including names of who they already talked to.

She's not a frequent Disney visitor but I'm wondering if she saw that one-pager because she texted me to say she would be contacting the GM.

Yep, had that happen to us before and more recently the door to the balcony was left wide open. I was more concerned with what got into the room that time. :squirrel::faint:

Yep, had that happen to us before and more recently the door to the balcony was left wide open. I was more concerned with what got into the room that time. :squirrel::faint:
When we got into our room there was a wasp and Dh is allergic. We can’t leave our balcony door open which is a bummer so I just have to go out and stand instead.

One of the reasons why I won't stay ground floor anywhere. While I know critters can climb, makes me feel better to think they'll make a pit stop in one of the lower rooms before making it to a higher level one :rotfl:

The Disney Food Blog came to Beaches & Cream this morning for pics and taste testing.

I watched a guest working on one, this evening.

The kind fellow diner, who allowed me to take the photo, commented that the shake was very good, but very rich. That makes me wonder why I've never noticed the nutritional and caloric values listed on the dessert menu at Beaches & Cream. :rolleyes1

BTW, I don't know if the gentleman had any help working his way to the bottom of the shake, but he now belongs to the "clean the jar club." The plastic canning jar makes a nice souvenir.

upload_2018-10-29_18-35-32.pngupload_2018-10-29_18-40-6.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter