Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Last year at the BCV my only request was “near elevator “. We were literally the last Villa on the last side hall in the building. We couldn’t have been further from either elevator, though we were closer to the single elevator that opens near the Dune Cove Pool than the main elevator. Since I know requests can never be guaranteed I decided it was our turn for that hike and we just made the best of it.

Our only requests have been near the main lobby, first floor and we always end up with the jut out wing on the woods side. Our first year we had a great first floor room overlooking the courtyard to BC--106? I think.

Well we got home late yesterday from a wonderful 5 night stay at Disney. We did our first 2 nights at the Contemporary since we did MNSSHP on Sunday and the HEA dessert party on Monday. On Tuesday morning we moved over to the Yacht Club. We went to check in and drop off our luggage and were assisted by a wonderful gentleman named Mike. Even though we had stopped at the front desk at the Contemporary, for some reason they had not checked us out so Mike took care of doing that so he could get us checked in at the YC. We chatted as he worked and had a nice conversation about past trips and other resorts that we had stayed at. He noted my only request was a king bed, stated nothing was available at the moment, but was checking the inventory as my husband an I chatted about whether any room available was more important than the king room. Well Mike stated that we would just have to wait, that he had just the right room for us, and to leave the luggage with bell services and go to Disney Springs as we planned. I had booked a garden view with the fall discount. Well he certainly worked some magic because he put us in a king room water view looking out at the boat dock. We were in room 3185. This was our first time staying here and we had a wonderful stay indeed. Our room was cleaned in the mornings while we were out at the park and they kept us well stocked with toiletries. We had dinner at Ale and Compass restaurant one evening and the food was very good. We never did get to the pool, but we did walk thru and it wasn’t very crowded. I had picked up the Halloween refillable mug at CR, so we made regular stops at the market for refills. I never saw the Halloween mugs available there, and several people asked where I had gotten it.

I have pictures of the room and will upload them once I have some time to reduce the size.

Hi all! We are sadly packing up after an incredible 20th anniversary stay at BC. Hopefully it is ok to post this but we have a bottle of Rosa Regale sparkling wine that we never got around to drinking and I would like to pass it along to another guest. We have late checkout and can leave it in the Bell Services fridge this morning. Message me a name to leave with it, if you are interested.

Hi all! We are sadly packing up after an incredible 20th anniversary stay at BC. Hopefully it is ok to post this but we have a bottle of Rosa Regale sparkling wine that we never got around to drinking and I would like to pass it along to another guest. We have late checkout and can leave it in the Bell Services fridge this morning. Message me a name to leave with it, if you are interested.

This was claimed! Thanks as always to the great people on this thread. We have brunch at California Grill then onto the airport (sniff). Booked a bounceback at YC though!

Following.

We stayed at the Contemporary for 9 nights this summer and it was a dream, I loved every single thing about it. I imagined I would never want to stay anywhere else, but that wore off. Of course you want to mix it up a little! I never imagined I would want to stay at an Epcot resort before actually going to WDW and now I am stuck on the idea of staying at the Yacht club in probably 3-4 years. (after some other planned trips) I like to plan in advance, plus I had mouth surgery (implant placed) so I wasn't allowed to do my normal routine for 10 days. lol So I've been chilling reading opinions and pricing vacations. I don't want to miss out on updates and tips so I am following. :)

ahh... so i had a split stay because i havent been able to add on to my original 5 night stay with 2 more days...and some club level rooms at beach club opened up so i just said. fine. ill do it. and i booked the club level room so that when i have to move rooms ill only have to move hopefully down the hall or down a floor or two. my first club level! only bummer is i dont even land until midnight my first night. what a waste haha. but the next day is a resort day, im just doing the wine tasting over at AKL. im excited for my first CL stay at bc, and my first stay overall at bc!!! 8 days!

Just add those exact requests to your room reservation - close to elevator and transportation. Most rooms have two queen beds, though there are some rooms with a king bed. If you prefer a walk-in shower over a tub/shower combo, or vice versa, add that request, as well.[/QUOTE
ahh... so i had a split stay because i havent been able to add on to my original 5 night stay with 2 more days...and some club level rooms at beach club opened up so i just said. fine. ill do it. and i booked the club level room so that when i have to move rooms ill only have to move hopefully down the hall or down a floor or two. my first club level! only bummer is i dont even land until midnight my first night. what a waste haha. but the next day is a resort day, im just doing the wine tasting over at AKL. im excited for my first CL stay at bc, and my first stay overall at bc!!! 8 days!

Same exact problem I have. I could book a club level for my last night, but much as I'd like to, I just can't pull the trigger to spend that kind of money for my last night when I have to change rooms.

Just received a phone call from the Beach Club about our arrival on Friday. They were checking to make sure we were all set. They asked about room requests and I told her I would like to be near my son since we would be helping with my grandchildren, she said it was all set. She asked about our arrival time and how we were getting to the resort. I was quite pleased with the call. Never had one before.

Just received a phone call from the Beach Club about our arrival on Friday. They were checking to make sure we were all set. They asked about room requests and I told her I would like to be near my son since we would be helping with my grandchildren, she said it was all set. She asked about our arrival time and how we were getting to the resort. I was quite pleased with the call. Never had one before.
Huh that’s interesting

They clearly must like you better than me! We have not gotten one phone call, letter, offer to assist etc. from club level. No acknowledgment that we are even staying in club level. We have stayed club level before and this is the first time we have heard absolutely nothing from them--- and we are paying more than we have ever paid in the past. :laughing:

Same exact problem I have. I could book a club level for my last night, but much as I'd like to, I just can't pull the trigger to spend that kind of money for my last night when I have to change rooms.

i unpulled the trigger and moved back to the reservation that was paid off. it was dumb to go back to a double balance just for convenience.

Beach Club question - how is the wifi? I stayed at boardwalk in 2016 during my last visit and it was so bad i disabled it on my devices because cellular was better. Im anxiously awaiting one of my favorite bands new albums which comes out while im there, so im going to need to download it which will require wifi. whats the liklihood the wifi will allow for me to download an album off of itunes? any improvement since 2016?

We just booked our bounce back. We couldn't get beach club again. They only had yacht club garden view. She advised us that we should contact our travel agent later to see if we can get a beach club villa studio. So reservation is placed for now.

Beach Club question - how is the wifi? I stayed at boardwalk in 2016 during my last visit and it was so bad i disabled it on my devices because cellular was better. Im anxiously awaiting one of my favorite bands new albums which comes out while im there, so im going to need to download it which will require wifi. whats the liklihood the wifi will allow for me to download an album off of itunes? any improvement since 2016?
Yes, we had no problem.

We just booked our bounce back. We couldn't get beach club again. They only had yacht club garden view. She advised us that we should contact our travel agent later to see if we can get a beach club villa studio. So reservation is placed for now.

If wifi isn’t good in your room, don’t assume it’s bad everywhere in the resort. When I was staying at Copper Creek part of Wilderness Lodge, it was bad in my room but good when I was eating in whispering Canyon cafe in the hotel so I uploaded during lunch.

If wifi isn’t good in your room, don’t assume it’s bad everywhere in the resort. When I was staying at Copper Creek part of Wilderness Lodge, it was bad in my room but good when I was eating in whispering Canyon cafe in the hotel so I uploaded during lunch.

perfect, thanks. :)

i unpulled the trigger and moved back to the reservation that was paid off. it was dumb to go back to a double balance just for convenience.

My trip is a pre-cruise trip where I'm meeting other family the last night to head out to the cruise the next day. They're staying at a Disney Springs hotel, so I'm just moving there the last night. Someday I'll splurge on club level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts