Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Crazy question; what type of creamer (liquid or powdered) does the YC provide for their in room coffee machines? Also, does the little market sell real cream?

Live from my YC room:

A53_BDAA7-4471-40_A9-9738-072_F843_B6182.jpg

Page 1294
:welcome: to this forum.

When is your trip? Which resorts are you staying at?

:goodvibes

Thank you!That is so kind! We are heading in next Tuesday over Labor Day weekend (8/28-9/3). My immediately family is at BCV studio, while our travel companions are at YC standard (we couldn't get the same resort, so this was good enough!). The last night we head to Pop (and then over to the Dark Side :smooth:). I can't wait- we are so ready for a vacation.

WOW! Thank you Cwis, got to love a real time photo!!! Maybe one of the restaurants will sell me a cup of cream, if I can’t fill a small container from the coffee bar?

Another question for those in the know; I know check in is 3:00, but do you find you get your room assignment earlier? Does it seem most folks get their rooms 12, 1, 2 o’clock or is the YC fairly tight with check in times?

Just back from a week at BC. We are Poly people and this was our first stay at BC. My DH is diehard Poly and not a big fan of change, so it took convincing not to switch resorts. Let me tell you....I am SO happy we stuck with it because we loved BC. We will definitely be spending time there in the future, especially for summer trips. Also, I now get the hype for its location. We went to Epcot every single day!

WOW! Thank you Cwis, got to love a real time photo!!! Maybe one of the restaurants will sell me a cup of cream, if I can’t fill a small container from the coffee bar?

Another question for those in the know; I know check in is 3:00, but do you find you get your room assignment earlier? Does it seem most folks get their rooms 12, 1, 2 o’clock or is the YC fairly tight with check in times?

It depends on the day and how many people of your room category they have checking out that day, how early they check out, and how quickly they are able to get the mousekeepers in there to clean. We arrive very early at the resorts (like 7am) because we take the red eye from CA and in our last two YC trips we have had our room before 3 both times but when we arrive, whether we do online check in or not, we let them know that we will take the first available room in our category regardless of location, so that helps.

I'm trying to find the number directly to the front desk so we can make a request for the Wedding Gazebo. I know it's a long shot. My son is proposing to his gf and he's really hoping for that. He did reserve Garden View. We already talked to regular reservations but they said to talk to the resort directly. Thank you for your help!

:woohoo:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Which view category do you have booked? Standard, Garden or Water?

I plan EVERYTHING, but when I had a YC CL GV room, I left it to chance because I was going to be happy with any of the rooms in that category, and I couldn't decide if I would prefer a view overlooking the back entrance courtyard or the wedding gazebo. Got a wedding gazebo view- it was great.

If you have a standard view room, you may want to request "Close to lounge/elevators" because a couple of the YC CL SV rooms at the end of the hall have pretty bad views.

::yes::

oh this is a good question for me. i have a garden view room its my first time staying. i wasnt sure about making a request. all i really care is about moving heavy luggage because i have a bad back so id like to be somewhere quiet but also close to the lobby if that makes sense :)

I'm trying to find the number directly to the front desk so we can make a request for the Wedding Gazebo. I know it's a long shot. My son is proposing to his gf and he's really hoping for that. He did reserve Garden View. We already talked to regular reservations but they said to talk to the resort directly. Thank you for your help!

We have always been told that when you think you are calling the resort directly, you actually are talking to someone at a call center. On very rare occasions, they put you on hold and speak to the resort directly themselves. You can try going to disneyworld.com, going to the page for the resort, and using the number you find there -- but I seriously doubt you will be speaking to someone who is really in the hotel.

We have always been told that when you think you are calling the resort directly, you actually are talking to someone at a call center. On very rare occasions, they put you on hold and speak to the resort directly themselves. You can try going to disneyworld.com, going to the page for the resort, and using the number you find there -- but I seriously doubt you will be speaking to someone who is really in the hotel.
I had a feeling that was the case too. Thank you very much!

"Public" areas you can lounge in?

We currently have a reservation for a GV room at YC. We are a party of 5 so it could get crowded in our room.
I've been checking for availability for a CL room, but so far no luck. Are there any public areas in YC/BC that are good to just "hang out" to get extra space?
If we don't end up finding availability in a CL room, we will probably get some type of grocery delivery for breakfast things--do the quiet pools, or some other area in the resort, have tables we can bring our breakfast items to eat at one table? We did that once before when we stayed at Coronado Springs (that time, as a party of 4)--the quiet pool near our room had tables and we just brought our breakfast down and relaxed at the table--it was lovely!
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

We currently have a reservation for a GV room at YC. We are a party of 5 so it could get crowded in our room.
I've been checking for availability for a CL room, but so far no luck. Are there any public areas in YC/BC that are good to just "hang out" to get extra space?
If we don't end up finding availability in a CL room, we will probably get some type of grocery delivery for breakfast things--do the quiet pools, or some other area in the resort, have tables we can bring our breakfast items to eat at one table? We did that once before when we stayed at Coronado Springs (that time, as a party of 4)--the quiet pool near our room had tables and we just brought our breakfast down and relaxed at the table--it was lovely!
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

The only public areas that I can think off is the lobby area. There are comfortable chairs throughout the lobby.

Fortunately, you’re staying at YC, so you should have a full balcony with two chairs on it.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

The Beach Club has the Solarium, near the Marketplace- Lots of chairs, couches, coffee tables. There are also tables with chairs outside (but covered) across from the Marketplace. At the Yacht Club, up the stairs my husband and I found some seating that was off the beaten path. On our last day, he waited for me there while I took a final dip in the pool.

I'll edit in some pictures:

solarium2-1.jpg

Solarium

The quiet pools do have some umbrella-covered tables and chairs

quietpool.jpg

Beach Club Quiet Pool

Yacht Club Quiet Pool

WP_20161021_101.jpg

"Mark's Corner"

Just up the stairs from the lobby on the second floor.

To give you an idea of where this is, the ledge of this very large open area looks down on this part of the lobby

WP_20161021_099.jpg

Last edited:
This is our first time staying at the Beach Club. We are suppose to be getting a Garden View or Woods view. I saw that the rooms have K-cups. So we will be packing those with us and perhaps a box of flavored creamer. The question I do have is: Since we can go into Epcot through the international gate, can we go to France or do we need to wait till World Showcase opens at 11a? I was hoping to get a pastry from there for breakfast. Do all the rooms have balconies?

:woohoo:

Which view category do you have booked? Standard, Garden or Water?

I plan EVERYTHING, but when I had a YC CL GV room, I left it to chance because I was going to be happy with any of the rooms in that category, and I couldn't decide if I would prefer a view overlooking the back entrance courtyard or the wedding gazebo. Got a wedding gazebo view- it was great.

If you have a standard view room, you may want to request "Close to lounge/elevators" because a couple of the YC CL SV rooms at the end of the hall have pretty bad views.

::yes::

Thanks! We have Garden View - I'm thinking of leaving it to chance? From the room maps I've seen all of those are decent views... can I request a king room or is that just luck of the draw?

Thanks! We have Garden View - I'm thinking of leaving it to chance? From the room maps I've seen all of those are decent views... can I request a king room or is that just luck of the draw?

We too have a Garden view and requested a King room.

This is our first time staying at the Beach Club. We are suppose to be getting a Garden View or Woods view. I saw that the rooms have K-cups. So we will be packing those with us and perhaps a box of flavored creamer. The question I do have is: Since we can go into Epcot through the international gate, can we go to France or do we need to wait till World Showcase opens at 11a? I was hoping to get a pastry from there for breakfast. Do all the rooms have balconies?

We got breakfast in France every Epcot day. :) Chocolate mousse is a perfectly acceptable breakfast on vacation

And not all BC rooms have balconies.

Les Halles opens at 9am in France. Usually, IG opens 15 minutes before park opening, but there is a rope at the bridge to France that opens directly at 9am. One time, after crossing the bridge at 9, we had to wait a few minutes for the doors to Les Halles to open.

Les Halles opens at 9am in France. Usually, IG opens 15 minutes before park opening, but there is a rope at the bridge to France that opens directly at 9am. One time, after crossing the bridge at 9, we had to wait a few minutes for the doors to Les Halles to open.
Does Les Halles stay open until park close? I’d like to get some pastries before going back to our room for the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter