Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I love having APs and an indulgent DH. I’ve been bummed out about the changes to our December trip, and cranky and sore from dental surgery, and cranky ‘cause it’s almost back to school time...so DH booked last minute flights to Disney for Labour Day weekend. Spontaneously, without any prompting from me. Woo hoo. And there was a great AP rate on a water view room at YC, so it’s booked! Cue the mad scramble for FPs and at least one ADR. :-)

It’s a total wing-it and see what we can get kind of trip, and literally just the weekend, but the weather will be perfect for SAB, so life is pretty good.

Hi there,
I let my AP expire last spring, and of course I have two quick trips planned. Thinking of upgrading when I get there. Anyway, can anyone with an AP let me know if there are AP discounts at the Beach Club for two nights, November 15 & 16? I will be on Orlando for a work conference and am staying a few extra nights at WDW.
Thanks!

BC Water view, $493 a night. YC has water view CL for $572 a night. That’s it for AP rates.

We haven’t stayed at BCV recently, are there makeup mirrors in the villas? When the BWV were refurbished they added them, but the VWL still do not have them. Thanks!

Not on point but Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge do have makeup mirrors in the one-bedroom. Don’t know about Boulder Ridge at Wilderness Lodge.

Can anyone confirm the coffee makers at YC and BCV now? I think at BCV they have a real drip machine, but does YC need the regular K cups or the soft pods?

Can anyone confirm the coffee makers at YC and BCV now? I think at BCV they have a real drip machine, but does YC need the regular K cups or the soft pods?

BCV needs the basket type filters. NOT k cups.

Haven’t stayed at YC in years so can’t answer that.

Page 1294

Sadly, we have to be removed from the Be Our Guest list for December.

Our two week, four resort, fabulous holiday vacation has been summarily cancelled by my self-centred FIL, who has decided he needs us to spend that two weeks with him at the cottage instead. He doesn’t care that we had plans, he’s fighting with his caregiver and refuses to have her travel with him as planned. So, he has commanded our presence, and refusing isn’t an option. Sigh. But the world revolves around him, and the rest of us must jump to accommodate his every whim.

My consolation trip is a stolen long weekend at the beginning of December, but there weren’t any discounts available at YC/BC, so we’re trying WL instead. I’m still annoyed, though, since I’d made the perfect set of ADRs for the original trip, and now I’ve got nothing. Stalking the website and have set up a couple of Touring Plans alerts, maybe something will come through. Fingers crossed for some pixie dust and good luck with getting at least a few of our fav ADRs.

Not having a great day.

I love having APs and an indulgent DH. I’ve been bummed out about the changes to our December trip, and cranky and sore from dental surgery, and cranky ‘cause it’s almost back to school time...so DH booked last minute flights to Disney for Labour Day weekend. Spontaneously, without any prompting from me. Woo hoo. And there was a great AP rate on a water view room at YC, so it’s booked! Cue the mad scramble for FPs and at least one ADR. :-)

It’s a total wing-it and see what we can get kind of trip, and literally just the weekend, but the weather will be perfect for SAB, so life is pretty good.

I am so very sorry to hear about your December trip! I know you put a lot of thought and planning into it an were very excited about your plans.

Glad to hear you have a couple of trips in the works to look forward to (and soon, too!). I'll add your Labor Day trip to the list.

::yes::

We haven’t stayed at BCV recently, are there makeup mirrors in the villas? When the BWV were refurbished they added them, but the VWL still do not have them. Thanks!

:welcome: to this thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort booked?

:cool1:

Hi there,
I let my AP expire last spring, and of course I have two quick trips planned. Thinking of upgrading when I get there. Anyway, can anyone with an AP let me know if there are AP discounts at the Beach Club for two nights, November 15 & 16? I will be on Orlando for a work conference and am staying a few extra nights at WDW.
Thanks!

That's exciting! Let us know if you end up extending your work trip here.

:cool2:

:welcome: to this forum.

When is your trip? Which resorts are you staying at?

:goodvibes

Final payment made today - 30 days till YC CL!! Now to have the internal debate of if I do a room request or just trust them....

:woohoo:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Which view category do you have booked? Standard, Garden or Water?

I plan EVERYTHING, but when I had a YC CL GV room, I left it to chance because I was going to be happy with any of the rooms in that category, and I couldn't decide if I would prefer a view overlooking the back entrance courtyard or the wedding gazebo. Got a wedding gazebo view- it was great.

If you have a standard view room, you may want to request "Close to lounge/elevators" because a couple of the YC CL SV rooms at the end of the hall have pretty bad views.

::yes::

Last edited:
Crazy question; what type of creamer (liquid or powdered) does the YC provide for their in room coffee machines? Also, does the little market sell real cream?

Here now- I will try to take a stroll by there and find out unless someone beats me to it.

:thanks:

Someone would have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat you over there!

Don't you love the resort at that time of day, when it is so quiet and peaceful!

:love:

Crazy question; what type of creamer (liquid or powdered) does the YC provide for their in room coffee machines? Also, does the little market sell real cream?

That's a really great question! I haven't stayed at the YC since the Keurig's were added, and I drink my coffee black, so I don't pay much attention to the creamers in the room but I think these are mini-moos in the picture, the shelf-stable liquid creamer.

Can anyone confirm???

:coffee:

Last edited:
I thought I was the only guest in Disney who uses real cream for coffee!
We make a special trip to Publix to get heavy cream. I've never seen light cream in the area.
In October I was going to ask at the restaurant if I could get a cup of real cream.

Page 1294
:welcome: to this thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort booked?

Hi, thanks! We are headed to BCV in September. The majority of our stays over the 20+ years have been at the
Y & BC....it has always held a special place in our hearts. We stayed at the YC in 1995,which was our first trip to WDW with our then young boys, and we have been hooked ever since! When we became DVC members a few years later BCV became our resort of choice. Cannot wait to be there again!

That's a really great question! I haven't stayed at the YC since the Keurig's were added, and I drink my coffee black, so I don't pay much attention to the creamers in the room but I think these are mini-moos in the picture, the shelf-stable liquid creamer.

:coffee:[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, I can’t tell from the picture, but thank you!
We make a special trip to Publix to get heavy cream. I've never seen light cream in the area.
In October I was going to ask at the restaurant if I could get a cup of real cream.

LOL! Shhhh, don’t tell anyone, but I take my coffee with cream AND sugar. None of that sweet & low or equal for me, nope.

Question for you, or anyone else- is it just the mini-moos available at the BC (or YC) Marketplace, where you could use a refill mug, or do they have carafes filled with cream to add to your coffee? And if so, would you be able to fill a small container with that cream?

LOL! Shhhh, don’t tell anyone, but I take my coffee with cream AND sugar. None of that sweet & low or equal for me, nope.

Your secret is safe with me (and the other thousands of people who read this thread)!

No shame in cream and sugar. Although I drink my hot coffee black, if I am going for iced I need to add cream and sweetener.

I’m so sorry NateBenMa, I screwed up on quoting you! Good news is, I think I’ve figured it out, lol

No worries at all!

Have you figured out what is in the rooms, or figured out what to do, or both?

Question for you, or anyone else- is it just the mini-moos available at the BC (or YC) Marketplace, where you could use a refill mug, or do they have carafes filled with cream to add to your coffee? And if so, would you be able to fill a small container with that cream?

Snipped out part of your quote above.

I don't think that's real cream in the BC Marketplace. I could be mistaken and it may just be the terrible coffee they serve that no amount of cream will fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!