Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Question about Sandcastle Club. We will be staying at BC for the first time in July, right before Sandcastle Club closes. On Disney's website it mentions interactions with characters. Does anyone have experience with this? I am wondering if my girls would like to go just for the characters and activities. I tried to book Wonderland Tea party again, but wanted to go on a Sunday and they only offer the tea party on weekdays (they did the tea party 2 years ago and LOVED it). Just wondering if this may be a substitute "fun activity" for them....then my husband and I can hit the Boardwalk for a few hours!!!
Captain Hook has visited the Sandcastle Club the times my grandson was there. I don't know about any other characters. But he loved being there. I've only heard positive things about Sandcastle Club. :)

Page 1131

Does anyone know the Bounceback discount for the end of May 2018 at the BC/YC?

Room rates quoted had discounts of about 12-15%, which just does not seem correct, as the current room only public offer is better than that.
Current one is in this post:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-bounce-back-released-today.3625641/page-21#post-58649809

Pic is a little blurry, but I think it said somewhere else in that really long thread that deluxe was 30% off.

Thank you both for the question and info about the current bounceback offer. Thank you @focusondisney for posting the photo in the thread. I'll add that to Page 1.

FYI, Discount is 30% deluxe, 25% moderate, 20% value.

:magnify:

We are attending a conference and staying at Yacht Club 2/10-2/17. Any suggestions for room request (we are booked in standard room)?
What toiletries are provided in the room? Thank you!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

What are the priorities for you/your family? No need to request a full balcony at the YC. Do you want a daybed? Is location important (near lobby/elevators or something quieter)? Upper floor or lower floor? View will either be parking lot or rooftop. You can see some sample views in the YC Room View thread on the Community Resort subforum.

There is a picture of the currently toiletries provided either in Post 8 (Beach Club), Post 9 (Yacht Club) or both. Can't remember if I have added it to both.

:goodvibes

Staying at BCV this year. We will have a 13 month old and a 4 month old in a double stroller. Renting a car also for MK and AK days but will walk to EP and boat to HS. I am thinking first floor is best in our situation so we can get outside via patio door instead of walking through hallways, elevators etc with stroller (7 of us going so someone can lock door behind us when we leave the room so it’s not left accessible from the outside.)

We’d also like to be closer to Stormalong Bay and the Beach Club in general as we’ll be eating breakfast there a lot and using refillable mugs, etc. Any room location suggestions that would best fit our needs?

Since the BCVs usually run pretty close to full occupancy, in my opinion it is probably best to keep your request simple. Although I am not an expert on the villas, and I defer to others who are DVC members or have frequent villa stays, my suggestion is to request "Close to Beach Club" based on your post.

::yes::

So we will be checking in on Friday and I’m putting together my PrimeNow order. We used it at Poly in August and it worked out great. I know this resort has the convention center where packages go is it the same for PrimeNow? We stayed at BC 2 years ago and used Garden Grocer but can’t remember if we were charged for the delivery from disney for the life of me. Can someone help me out? Be packing for the kids (3,2,1) and my brain seems to be fried :crazy:

:welcome: back!

I believe others have been able to answer your question and you should be all set with delivery since it is only packages that are mailed via UPS and FedEx that go to the convention center for pickup.

:thumbsup2

Sorry, way behind here again!

Thank you so much for the detailed report!!!

I would like to add it to our review section on Page 1, Post 16.

Was the scent the holiday one (gingerbread) or the usual green aloe and clover scent? I have scent suggestions in the FAQ/Other Useful Info Post for the regular lobby aroma, but not for the seasonal scent.

I think it was the gingerbread and got switched to the other one while we were there...and you sure can add my report to the reviews!

Page 1130

I haven't stayed at the Beach Club since 2015, so I don't really have recent experience to speak to.

I hear about issues with the mousekeeping frequently, so I believe this is a legitimate problem- is the same true at all resorts or unique to this location? I don't know.

Mixed comments on the sound- some say the rooms are quiet, some say they can hear their neighbors breathing. As others have suggested, a lot depends on who the family is in the room next to you.

Transportation issues- again, a mixed bag. Some people have experienced great service, others have reported unreasonable wait times. The good news is that buses are only needed for MK and AK with the Yacht & Beach Club.

As far as the rooms looking tired and run down- again, I don't know, but I will comment that light tan may not have been the correct choice for the carpeting in the rooms...

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

Yes, pool noodles are permitted in Stormalong Bay, including the lazy river. They are usually for sale in the resort gift shops, but last time I checked the price it was $5 per noodle! If possible, bring them from home or purchase from a local dept store while there.

On a related note- pool floats, single and double tubes are readily available at the pool free of charge. I have been able to secure a float even during hot, busy times of the year.

:fish:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Yes, a Park Hopper is a great idea when staying at the Yacht & Beach Club. You will be amazed at how quick and easy it is to get to EPCOT from there. Many guests visit EPCOT at least once a day during their trips.

If you haven't had a chance to read over Page 1 on this thread, there are a ton of pictures and lots of good info about the resort. Post 13, FAQ and Post 14, Other Useful Information contain the best tips and suggestions we have compiled over the years.

Awesome! I'll check out those sections and yes, add us to the BC's Be Our Guest list - March 20-27th 2018. Thanks!

Thank you for this review and sharing your thoughts about your stay. I would like to include your comments in our review section for the resort if that is ok with you.

Captain Hook has visited the Sandcastle Club the times my grandson was there. I don't know about any other characters. But he loved being there. I've only heard positive things about Sandcastle Club. :)
Thanks! That is good to know. My girls would enjoy meeting him--they haven't met Captain Hook yet. I am trying to figure out if the character interactions are a nightly thing.

We will be at Yacht club for Easter in a Pool/Lagoon View ! Hoping we get something close to the pool as it would be easy with the kids. Are my chances of that pretty good with a pool view/ ocean view? anything else I should try and ask for?

I would suggest requesting close to lobby/ elevator. To get to the main pool, Storm Along Bay, you exit thru the lobby. Thee are really no rooms that you can exit directly to the pool from. Even if you would get a ground floor room, you can't lock the patio door from the outside, so you would not really use that as an exit. So being close to the lobby would be about as close as you can get. This also helps when going to the bus stop or boat, as you would cross the lobby for those too. (Although the "secret" exit is closer to the boat dock from some rooms, but not most!).

My daughter was hoping to get a Belle Magic Band. Would anyone know if they carry these at the Beach Club gift shop, or do we have to wait until we get to the parks?

Question from the Resorts Forum & the BC View thread:

Anybody know if any of the Garden View Beach Club rooms (not villas) face the Eiffel Tower in Epcot?
Thanks!

I know I have seen BCV rooms that have a view of the Eiffel Tower, but I don't know if there are any of the Woods/Garden View rooms in the EPCOT wing that can see the Eiffel Tower.

Does anyone know?

Merci!

Page 1132

We will be at Yacht club for Easter in a Pool/Lagoon View ! Hoping we get something close to the pool as it would be easy with the kids. Are my chances of that pretty good with a pool view/ ocean view? anything else I should try and ask for?

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

See below for the suggested room request. Would you prefer the ground floor or one of the higher floors? The ground floor rooms would be more convenient to the lobby, and you wouldn't have to use elevators, but the view is probably not as good as it would be from a higher floor.

I would suggest requesting close to lobby/ elevator. To get to the main pool, Storm Along Bay, you exit thru the lobby. Thee are really no rooms that you can exit directly to the pool from. Even if you would get a ground floor room, you can't lock the patio door from the outside, so you would not really use that as an exit. So being close to the lobby would be about as close as you can get. This also helps when going to the bus stop or boat, as you would cross the lobby for those too. (Although the "secret" exit is closer to the boat dock from some rooms, but not most!).

My daughter was hoping to get a Belle Magic Band. Would anyone know if they carry these at the Beach Club gift shop, or do we have to wait until we get to the parks?

When is your trip?

I don't know which Magic Bands are sold in the gift shop, but I see others have posted some suggestions of where you can get the band before your trip.

I think it was the gingerbread and got switched to the other one while we were there...and you sure can add my report to the reviews!

Has anyone ever used the Shipshape Salon with kids? It says they have "Storybook Styles" that include hair, makeup, and nails to transform them into classic Disney characters. They also offer kid manicures and pedicures. Just looking for something "extra" for my girls this trip. They will be 10 and 8 this trip and since we are staying at BC, this would be very convenient if it is worth the cost. TIA!

Has anyone ever used the Shipshape Salon with kids? It says they have "Storybook Styles" that include hair, makeup, and nails to transform them into classic Disney characters. They also offer kid manicures and pedicures. Just looking for something "extra" for my girls this trip. They will be 10 and 8 this trip and since we are staying at BC, this would be very convenient if it is worth the cost. TIA!

I have not seen any reviews or even heard of this before.

Sounds cool.

It would be great to hear if anyone has done this!

:tink:princess:

I have not seen any reviews or even heard of this before.

Sounds cool.

It would be great to hear if anyone has done this!

:tink:princess:
I am planning to call Disney this afternoon to see if they can give me any more information, but I am hoping someone on these boards has used the service and can share your experience!

I have never heard of this and I've been on here pretty consistently since I joined the Dis (whenever that was).* I wonder if you should start a new thread in the resort board for this. Maybe other salons also do it, and someone can give you info.

* 8 years, apparently

I have never heard of this and I've been on here pretty consistently since I joined the Dis (whenever that was).* I wonder if you should start a new thread in the resort board for this. Maybe other salons also do it, and someone can give you info.

* 8 years, apparently
Good idea!

Hi there! quick question... Thinking of possibly switching our December trip at the WL to the BC in May... We would book standard view. My question is, we are traveling with another family and would like connecting rooms. Are there standard view rooms with connecting doors? I looked at the detailed room map of the resort and I think I can tell which ones have connecting rooms. Can anyone confirm that for instance rooms 3709-3711 would be connecting rooms according to the map? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!