Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

From locked thread page 323-328

Flynnismine:
Would anyone want to take a wild guess about when they think ALL room renovations (both DVC and non DVC rooms) at BC will be completed by? I'm in the process of planning an Easter/spring break trip for 2016 and, since we'll be spending alot of down time at the resort and Epcot for F&G, I'm leaning towards BC. If there's a chance we wouldn't have a renovated room at BC by next March, I'll probably lean more towards BWI/V despite the nightmarish clown pool :scared1:

:welcome:

I suspect that the Beach Club renovations will be done by early fall.

Not sure or willing to take a guess on BCV since to my knowledge the renovations have not started there yet.

Let us know if you do end up booking at the resort.

:goodvibes:

Disneyshan:
Thanks! I'm super excited for our first trip. I'd love to be added to the list. Our dates are August 20-26. thank you! (Split Stay AoA/YC)

Thanks for the clarification on dates. I'll add you to the list.

:)

SRUAImn:
Hi friends! My husband and I are visiting WDW for our anniversary this year (after having a really TOUGH year.) Our plan is to take it easy, spend most of our time at our resort, pool, and surrounding area and then hit the parks at night when it's not as hot. We were originally booked at the Poly, but last night we decided to switch to the Beach Club! It was a battle between food and pool. The Poly (IMO) has more counter service options readily available near the pool area, but SAB was something that my husband was SO excited about (and I'm usually the excited Disney person, so I couldn't resist his enthusiasm!) Please reassure me that we'll have enough quick breakfast & lunch options available to us that we won't be bored, since we'll probably be doing breakfast and lunch at the resort every day.

I gave you a :welcome: over on the other thread. I'll add you to the list for July.

:woohoo:

kimmy85:
Just brought my DS to Logan this morning. He entered the Army almost one year ago and went through Basic, Officer Candidate School, and Military Police trainings. His short leave ended today and is now enroute to his first set of orders in South Korea where he will be for the next year.

I'm very sad but very proud. Thanks for letting me go off topic BC/YC friends!

Thank you to your son for his service and to your family for your sacrifices. Bless you all!

:grouphug:

cantwaitvac09:
Thank you to your son. My much younger brother is in basic right now.

Sending thanks out to your brother!

:grouphug:

Last edited:
Sort of sore all over face. But not too bad. Swollen a little too. Pain isn't bad enough to take pain meds. On antibiotics for a week. I think the actual root canals aren't painful ... it's all the needles and my jaw from being kept open for so long. Definitely less painful than I anticipated!!! Thanks for asking. Counting down the days until our flight to Copenhagen!!!
I agree, the worst part is the needles.

I love the idea of "Mickey's Magic Band Rules"! My problem is my boys want to wear them now, at home, and I'm so afraid they'll lose them so Mom's Magic Band Rules are that they can look at them but the magic bands have to stay IN THE BOX! :) I can't believe we only have two weeks left to go until we start our trip - two weeks!!! I've started pulling out all the bits and bobs I've gathered for the trip (stuff to keep the boys entertained on the looooong road trip, etc.) and its starting to finally seem real :jumping1:

I love the idea of "Mickey's Magic Band Rules"! My problem is my boys want to wear them now, at home, and I'm so afraid they'll lose them so Mom's Magic Band Rules are that they can look at them but the magic bands have to stay IN THE BOX! :) I can't believe we only have two weeks left to go until we start our trip - two weeks!!! I've started pulling out all the bits and bobs I've gathered for the trip (stuff to keep the boys entertained on the looooong road trip, etc.) and its starting to finally seem real :jumping1:

I feel the same way about our Disney Magic Europe cruise coming up ... 11 days and we fly to Copenhagen!!!!!

From locked thread page 323-328

SRUAImn:
Hi friends! My husband and I are visiting WDW for our anniversary this year (after having a really TOUGH year.) Our plan is to take it easy, spend most of our time at our resort, pool, and surrounding area and then hit the parks at night when it's not as hot. We were originally booked at the Poly, but last night we decided to switch to the Beach Club! It was a battle between food and pool. The Poly (IMO) has more counter service options readily available near the pool area, but SAB was something that my husband was SO excited about (and I'm usually the excited Disney person, so I couldn't resist his enthusiasm!) Please reassure me that we'll have enough quick breakfast & lunch options available to us that we won't be bored, since we'll probably be doing breakfast and lunch at the resort every day.

I gave you a :welcome: over on the other thread. I'll add you to the list for July.

Thank you!!!! Our dates are July 12-16. We had to make a decision this year... 6 nights at a mod or 4 nights at a deluxe

A couple more questions I have that I haven't been able to clearly figure out answers to (although there is a lot of info out there and I haven't read it ALL.) It's possible no one really knows a definitive answer for these.

1. Which floors are applicable for a "higher floor" request? Anything above first?
2. Which floors are applicable for a "full balcony" request? Second and fourth? Would the ground floor patio be considered? Does this request just basically eliminate the third floor?

62 more days until our vacation. Can't wait to try BC the second part of our trip. We typically swim with our children just because we all enjoy the water, but is it really as hard as everyone says to keep an eye on kids in the water at SAB? Any tips?

With the refurb going on at the BC- what happens when they get to the first floor? Is the refurb for the rooms only or will Cape May have the carpets replaced?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

62 more days until our vacation. Can't wait to try BC the second part of our trip. We typically swim with our children just because we all enjoy the water, but is it really as hard as everyone says to keep an eye on kids in the water at SAB? Any tips?
There are two main areas to sit so that you would be located close to the areas that your kids most likely will want to spend the most time in, near the exit to the pirate slide or near the lazy river, kids area. If you think your kids are going to spend all day going down the slide, then you would want to sit over there. If you want to be close to Hurricane Hannah's, the lazy river and the kiddie area, then you would sit over there. A third area would be a central location which would be close to the larger swimming areas and the lazy river area. I guess it all depends on where your kids want to swim. My kids were old enough that they could swim on their own the first time we stayed at the BC, so I never had to worry about it. :)

We just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and we are planning a trip in October, too. So it has been fun to share in your excitement over the upcoming trips. :)

ooo...very cool, Sue. Will we be there at the same time (16th - 23rd for us)? Actually, our 40th happened last year, and by the time we go, it will be 41, but heck, people never thought we'd make it to 5! HA HA....and it's just easier to say 40th Anniversary!

We thought of doing all sorts of things last year to celebrate this milestone...trip to Europe to see the castles, trip to Costa Rica so zip-line in the jungle, and in the end, put a patio in our backyard instead...then decided that we needed to celebrate some how, and thought the Food & Wine event would be great - so started saving again, and now it's really going to happen.

Jeanne

With the refurb going on at the BC- what happens when they get to the first floor? Is the refurb for the rooms only or will Cape May have the carpets replaced?

All of the public areas have already been refurbed. The current work is only for the resort rooms. :)

ooo...very cool, Sue. Will we be there at the same time (16th - 23rd for us)? Actually, our 40th happened last year, and by the time we go, it will be 41, but heck, people never thought we'd make it to 5! HA HA....and it's just easier to say 40th Anniversary!

We thought of doing all sorts of things last year to celebrate this milestone...trip to Europe to see the castles, trip to Costa Rica so zip-line in the jungle, and in the end, put a patio in our backyard instead...then decided that we needed to celebrate some how, and thought the Food & Wine event would be great - so started saving again, and now it's really going to happen.

Jeanne
We'll have to meet up and both wear our 40th anniversary buttons at the same time. ;) We didn't do anything special for our 40th, either. I figure with all the Disney trips we've taken in the past two years, we've already celebrated. :rolleyes1

We'll have to meet up and both wear our 40th anniversary buttons at the same time. ;) We didn't do anything special for our 40th, either. I figure with all the Disney trips we've taken in the past two years, we've already celebrated. :rolleyes1

OK...looks like we have an overlap of a couple of days....we're doing Citricos on Oct 21, and LeCellier on the 22nd, but both days plan to 'nosh' around Epcot from lunchtime on...maybe we can plan to cross paths somewhere in there.

OK...looks like we have an overlap of a couple of days....we're doing Citricos on Oct 21, and LeCellier on the 22nd, but both days plan to 'nosh' around Epcot from lunchtime on...maybe we can plan to cross paths somewhere in there.
We plan to hang around Epcot, too. After all, it is Food and Wine. We can work out details when we get closer to trip date. :)

/
As of now, I should be working that Sunday and Monday while you are there and hopefully we can meet and chat!!!!

Thanks Teena! We were by a few weeks ago on a Monday to see if you were there. Have a great weekend.

ETA- This is from your post on the locked thread: We are taking a trip 6/6-6/13 to Disney. So are your dates now June 6-10 Poly and June 10-13 BC?

6-10 Poly and 10-14 at the BC. Thank you!

I actually received a survey about my experiences modifying our stay. I let them know just what I thought, lol. I suspect there have been a few difficulties and complaints. Although, I do like the ability to search and modify on the website.

Less than a week to go! :)

Locked Thread, pages 329-331

DG24:
Crossing our figures we did the right thing, we just changed our ressies to BC, we have never stayed here. We have a somewhat room disability question to see if we made the right room catagory request. They had standard, garden and water view rooms available, so we can change. We have three disabilities but the most important one is for legally blind very low vision, she needs a room with lots of light so we want a corner room. When we looked at the maps we see standard view has three on each floor, garden few has two on each floor, and water view has more but most of them are one or two bedrooms, actually I don't see any that are not. So we went with standard for the best option, which does not seem right to me, am I missing something usually the corner rooms have more garden views, but maybe it is the layout of the hotel and the fact that a lot of corner rooms are suites. Can anyone give me an idea if we should change it to a different view. Mom says she would rather be able to pick out her colors and see in the morning and look like a "princess" and not a clown, and she is right not a one of us will tell her she looks funny, we love to laugh at her when people make remarks.

Mom and dad are getting married again, on the same day they got married 30 years ago, seperated the same day 25 years ago, divorced the same day 20 years ago. Remarried the same day 15 years ago, seperated the same day 10 years ago. Divorced the same day 5 years ago. And now on sept 6 the same day they will try again and marry again. I call it there 5 year itch, they call it the best and worse day of there life. Anyway, second question, me and sister are trying to see if we can get a suite, but right now one is not open at this resort even if we come up with the money, but if we can would it be worth it, or do you think since it holds the same amount of people it is not worth it. If not it is much cheaper and we can stay a night or two at a value or moderate hotel, under military. Do you see any problem with this if we are on a package deal, for us to continue with the same tickets and same FD but to add a room for a night or two at a different hotel to allow them space when they get married.

One other question, has anyone ever added club level when you get to hotel and how much is that usually when you get to hotel?

To clarify a few things. One we are 5 of us going together, on the FD package. When I asked about switching me and sis and niece to a different hotel room for a night, I figured we would just gat a room somewhere else for one night and then come back, I'm i assuming wrong that we could still use the same magic band for food and tickets since we won't rebuy them, we would just get a room at a value to give mom and dad space for one night.

Also from the remarks it does not sound like DL where you can add cl to your room, even if not on cl floor, we have done this before, at DL and it usually is like $50, we have never gone WDW cl so I didn't know it was very unlikely. Thanks for info. Probably why I could not find it anywhere.

When is your trip?

I'm not entirely sure about the answers to your questions, but if you stay at different resorts during your package, I think that is considered different reservations. If you stay 2 nights at BC for example, and 3 nights at POR, then you would end up with 2 different reservations. I don't know if you can get a 5 day dining plan or if it would be a 2 day dining plan then 3 day. If I remember correctly, you need 1 day of park tickets whenever you have a package including dining, so I think you could have a 5 day ticket and that would work.

But if I am wrong about any of this, someone please correct me!

Price difference to book CL or a suite at check-in will depend on the price of the room at time of checkin and the new room may not necessarily be subject to any discount you used to book the original reservation.

And right, normally the resort will not add "club level access" to a room that is not already designated as CL.

:goodvibes:

dp911 (posted Monday):
Current cape may breakfast pricing and stormalong hours? Leaving in 4 days!!;)

Just wanted to say :welcome:

A little late... I know you are already there! Hope it is a great trip.

LJSquishy:
Hi all!

My husband and I along with my folks are traveling in October but we'll be staying at AKV while they'll be staying at BCV...

I was wondering if there are any special areas at BC where we can all get together and hang out (besides their studio) from time to time. I know we can't use SAB and they can't use the pools at AKL but is there even anywhere we can sit around together that might be pretty to look at or relaxing? I'm assuming we can't even get into the pool area at all just to lounge (not swim), correct?

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add your parents to the Be Our Guest list we have on Page 1.

Lots of great suggestions for places to hang out in the previous thread:

Quiet Pool
Solarium at BC
Drawing Room at BCV
Beach loungers if it is nice
One of the lounges (Crews Cup, Ale & Compass, Martha's Vineyard)
I'll add Yacht Club lobby or Beach Club lobby. Comfy chairs!

:cool1:

ashleym337
I'm so excited!!! It was decided yesterday (with much begging lol) that we are staying at BC for our next visit. We are about 15 months out- so plenty of time to plan!! Love this thread- there is so much great information!

This will be our first time staying here. We usually do POR or the Treehouse villas. But Stormalong bay was the kicker with 4 kids- 19, 9, 4 and 3. Plus I think our friends are coming- and they have 3 kids as well!

I look forward to learning so much from you pros this year :)

Look forward to hanging out with you as your trip approaches!

Do you want me to pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list?

August 2016?

party:

Last edited:
YC CL November 4-9 for my 60th birthday. My Db and SIL and their DD, SIL with their 2 adorable little princess daughters will help me celebrate. First visit for Db and for the baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter