Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We've finally returned home. It may be a bit cloudy and rainy but you cant keep me away from this:
View attachment 323986
I asked the bar tender what drink was the closest to a sunken treasure and he said he could make me one! Whoop. A few people started to ask what it was. Maybe we should have a code word! Lol. X
Yaaas!

Last few trips I've asked for a Sunken Treasure, they are always happy to make them :)

Hi All,
I let my AP expire last month because we have two trips planned next year. Naturally, I now have the opportunity to go to WDW next month. Can anyone with an AP let me know if there is any availability at the BC or YC for June 20-22, two nights, and what the rate is? Would consider renewing now if it was better than what's available. That darn AP certainly makes me spend a lot more time there!! Thanks in advance.

Page 1211

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. September?

Correct, about half of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies, and the rest do not. Your best bet for a full balcony is to make that your only room request. "Full balcony, please". Or if you are willing and able, switch to the Yacht Club.

My favorite place to eat when I have a stay at the Yacht or Beach Club is in EPCOT, especially at one of the countries where I can get food that isn't readily available where I live - it is just 10-15 minute walk to most of them.

:cool1:

:thumbsup2

Yes September! I am feeling much more relaxed about the balcony situation, yacht club also doesn’t appeal much to us.

I’m beyond excited for the short walk to Epcot! It’s our favorite park!

A luggage question,

On the day we check out is it possible to have guest services hold our luggage and leave our car parked at Beach Club while we go into Epcot for the day? We check into our offsite hotel around 4 pm. I am hoping that they could hold it for us so we wouldn’t have to leave it in the hot car.

Hi All,
I let my AP expire last month because we have two trips planned next year. Naturally, I now have the opportunity to go to WDW next month. Can anyone with an AP let me know if there is any availability at the BC or YC for June 20-22, two nights, and what the rate is? Would consider renewing now if it was better than what's available. That darn AP certainly makes me spend a lot more time there!! Thanks in advance.

It appears there is availability at both -- below are for the "Incredible Summer Room Offer" -- room only (price per night):

Beach Club
Standard view: $408
Garden/Woods: $442.85
Water: $490.45

Yacht Club
Standard: $360
Garden/Woods: $374.25
Water: none available

A luggage question,

On the day we check out is it possible to have guest services hold our luggage and leave our car parked at Beach Club while we go into Epcot for the day? We check into our offsite hotel around 4 pm. I am hoping that they could hold it for us so we wouldn’t have to leave it in the hot car.

Yes they will hold your luggage.

Hi All,

With the Passholder offer (not including tax):

BC standard view $360
Garden $390.75
Water $432.75

I always have issues trying to view passholder rates for YC for some reason. I try 2 browsers and my phone and no luck.

Last day of our trip and despite the rain, we had a great time. Got to do everything I stay at the Beach Club for, swam in SAB, ate breakfast on our balcony and met some incredible cast members this trip. It's gong to be a long summer before we get to come back.

It appears there is availability at both -- below are for the "Incredible Summer Room Offer" -- room only (price per night):

Beach Club
Standard view: $408
Garden/Woods: $442.85
Water: $490.45

Yacht Club
Standard: $360
Garden/Woods: $374.25
Water: none available
Thank you very much! I was really surprised how much availability there was property wide for this time period. Like, TONS!

Hey everyone! So my wife and I finally got our dvc rental request to go through to stay at the Beach Club Villas! We are so excited! Our first trip ever to WDW was for our honeymoon a couple of years ago and we stayed at the Yacht Club. We absolutely loved it. The best thing about it all was the location to Epcot which ended up being our favorite park. We loved being able to just walk into Epcot. Unfortunately we found the price to stay in that area a bit out of our price range. Since it was our honeymoon we splurged and had a little help but we were disappointed that we may not able to stay there again. For our second trip we tried a cheaper resort but found ourselves really missing the convenience of the location to Epcot. After that trip we decided we wanted to look into renting dvc points. We were able to secure a reservation for the Beach Club Villas at a price comparable to what we would pay at moderate resort. It's a little bit more expensive than a moderate but no where near what the price would be if we booked a Beach Club room like normal.

I know I'm just rambling now but I'm so excited that we get to stay in this area again!

Hey everyone! So my wife and I finally got our dvc rental request to go through to stay at the Beach Club Villas! We are so excited! Our first trip ever to WDW was for our honeymoon a couple of years ago and we stayed at the Yacht Club. We absolutely loved it. The best thing about it all was the location to Epcot which ended up being our favorite park. We loved being able to just walk into Epcot. Unfortunately we found the price to stay in that area a bit out of our price range. Since it was our honeymoon we splurged and had a little help but we were disappointed that we may not able to stay there again. For our second trip we tried a cheaper resort but found ourselves really missing the convenience of the location to Epcot. After that trip we decided we wanted to look into renting dvc points. We were able to secure a reservation for the Beach Club Villas at a price comparable to what we would pay at moderate resort. It's a little bit more expensive than a moderate but no where near what the price would be if we booked a Beach Club room like normal.

I know I'm just rambling now but I'm so excited that we get to stay in this area again!

Yay! Have a great time! BC is our favorite and Epcot is our favorite park too!

I'm not so sure how to interpret this, as we know that Disney has begun telling TAs that refurbishment would take place starting mid-August, supposedly in order to build cabanas around SAB. Which, if I understand correctly, are to be build just beneath the CL water-view rooms we have a reservation for.

As far as I can tell from previous posts and some of the other comments and pics, the potential cabana spot is right below where our room was at YC this past weekend. It's the end of SAB towards the YC, where all the chairs are by the zero-entry section. I've (hopefully) attached a pic of the section, taken from our balcony.

Attachments

• cabanas.jpg
    cabanas.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 69
Just back from YC. Quick weekend trip, rained almost all weekend but still had fun.

YC Room 3207 - king bed with daybed, shower only, full balcony (Water view room, received as an upgrade from Standard)
Pretty much right over the SAB end of Ale & Compass, overlooking SAB and a bit of lake
Not too far from elevators, but nearby stairs led down to the SAB entrance just around the corner from A&C.
(I've sent view pics to Dee, since I keep getting error messages when I try to post them. EDIT - think I've got them added, at least a smaller version)

Random thoughts... I loved the hardwood floors, all the storage and power outlets, the bathroom layout (especially the sliding door to the sink area) and the Keurig. I did not like the fact that the bed creaked badly every time you moved or got in/out, and I wasn't a fan of the colour scheme. (The dark woods are nice and the colour scheme is very well executed, but it's just not my preference.) It's an 8-10 minute walk from the YC lobby to the IG, so about 3-5 minutes further than BC. However, I think it's easier to get into SAB from the YC side. BC Marketplace is a better store than the Market at Ale & Compass, but MAC has better hot food selections, I think. The YC lobby does not smell or look as nice as BC, but maybe that's just my preferences too. I did not see any dogs at the hotel, but saw a few in the parks. We slept in one morning and used the room occupied sign, but did not have any security or mousekeeping checks during that morning. All the mousekeeping was done when we were out of the room, presumably in the afternoons.

Overall, I'm of mixed emotions. I think I like BC better overall, but the things I liked about the YC rooms were really big pluses, if that makes any sense. I think BC will still be our first choice, but I'd definitely stay at YC again if needed.

roomnumber.jpg roomlocation.jpg roomview1.jpg roomviewL.jpg roomviewR.jpg

Last edited:
BC CL July 2nd -5th , also is anyone getting error messages on disney gift card website when removing cards. I added a card to check the balance but cant delete any of them now would like to as i have to to combine and 3 more on the way

I don’t know if you got this resolved yet, but I was having the same problem a few days ago. I had better luck on my phone for some reason. It did finally resolve itself on my desktop, but it’s very frustrating when you’re trying to enter a large number of cards.

BC CL July 2nd -5th , also is anyone getting error messages on disney gift card website when removing cards. I added a card to check the balance but cant delete any of them now would like to as i have to to combine and 3 more on the way

I don’t know if you got this resolved yet, but I was having the same problem a few days ago. I had better luck on my phone for some reason. It did finally resolve itself on my desktop, but it’s very frustrating when you’re trying to enter a large number of cards.

I just bought two gift cards today to combine for our trip to the BC in just three weeks. The Disney giftcard site was being glitchy and I was having problems. So I tried a tip that I learned on this site. I went to the "manage" cards tab and added the cards that way. It worked! Gotta love the DisBoards. I never would have figured out how to add those cards without this place. :disrocks:

We are officially booked at the YC for June 25th-June 28th. We are BC lovers, but nothing was available at the BC so we are giving the YC a try. We are really looking forward it! We will be starting our trip at POR on June 18th and had planned on staying there for our entire stay, but we just love the Epcot resort area and could not stay away. My boys are happy to be able to swim at SAB again.

Dee, can you please add us to the guest list? Thanks!

My guess would be that they are targeting these cabanas at families with small children. You can sit in the comfort of the cabana and watch them play all day in the sand/water.

People who are really bothered by small children playing nearby probably don't hang out that long at SAB and prefer the Quiet Pools.

This is ture while I enjoy SAB, I also do just like being able to enjoy a hot tub with quiet or passed when SAB is open. Plus I know it sounds bad but also being able to enjoy an beer or two while soaking is nice. though always do make sure to pick up after myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter