Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I booked standard CL last year & got a view of the roof. o_O I have the same booked in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see what I get this time. I'm hoping for quiet gardens if anything. Pool view is too noisy for my taste.

I'm wondering if there is also a lot of roof from this view, and if you angle left and zoom in you see what is in the picture. That's what I was suspecting after looking at the general sketch from touring plans, and why I'm so curious. I was wondering which would be preferable (If you actually had any choice) - lots or roof and that past the roof, or simply looking over the resort entrance. I know I need to just let it go and take what I get since we are booked SV, but I was so interested to see someone actually posting about a CL SV room!

ETA: if that isn't the case, then I wonder why this is considered SV? Because looking again at Touring Plans the posted views from those rooms look the same as what KerryCM just posted? Unless they all just don't show the roofs in any of the photos I guess.

I booked standard CL last year & got a view of the roof. o_O I have the same booked in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see what I get this time. I'm hoping for quiet gardens if anything. Pool view is too noisy for my taste.

Haha. Just got back from staying at BC CL and had a super nice view of the roof.

I'm wondering if there is also a lot of roof from this view, and if you angle left and zoom in you see what is in the picture. That's what I was suspecting after looking at the general sketch from touring plans, and why I'm so curious. I was wondering which would be preferable (If you actually had any choice) - lots or roof and that past the roof, or simply looking over the resort entrance. I know I need to just let it go and take what I get since we are booked SV, but I was so interested to see someone actually posting about a CL SV room!

ETA: if that isn't the case, then I wonder why this is considered SV? Because looking again at Touring Plans the posted views from those rooms look the same as what KerryCM just posted? Unless they all just don't show the roofs in any of the photos I guess.

Could be because I could see the pool if I angled myself but if I looked straight out from the balcony it was all roof.

What rooms numbers are the roof views?

I'm sorry I don't remember. It was last March. I'm there so often there's no way I can keep track of room numbers.

I was at the very end of the floor. There’s definitely a number of rooms down there that get the roof. I’d guess probably beginning at 5710 or so and going down to the end which is 5724 (I believe). Past the roof we could see the bus pick up/drop off.

No complaints though, because we hadn’t booked CL, so the up grade was good enough.

View attachment 225616

I do.

Standard view. Wow look at that view of the pool!
View attachment 225615

Psyche! :laughing:Here's the real view when you look straight out.

View attachment 225617

Found my original posts from last year but still don't remember the room number. All I remember is if you're coming from the lounge walk straight down that hallway (the way away from the elevators) until you get to the first intersection. Turn right & it was on that corridor about halfway down.

Found my original posts from last year but still don't remember the room number. All I remember is if you're coming from the lounge walk straight down that hallway (the way away from the elevators) until you get to the first intersection. Turn right & it was on that corridor about halfway down.

Well so much for that! :laughing: Attachments not available. If you click on the post number it should bring you to the right place though. Pictures are still there.

Good to see! Does it have a full balcony? Daybed? How about the 5677, 79, and 81 - do they have balconies and are they similar? I have 5681 as my requested room to be faxed through touring plans, wasn't sure what it would really be like but your post is reassuring. Do you feel like you see more roof than good view? I don't imagine it will matter, as chances are I'll end up in one of the rooms facing the front of the resort since there are many more of them, but you never know. I feel like the CL SV rooms at the BC are an enigma - you know they are there but no one ever seems to have stayed in one or have first person info on one when I ask on these boards :laughing:
No daybed, but a full balcony. The rooms on either side of me have full balconies also. I was not upgraded, I checked, this is a standard view room.

Thanks, I was able to see the pictures. Thats about what I was expecting, a view if you turn your head and ignore the roof! But we did book SV, so it is what it is. We really like SAB and the walk to 2 parks, otherwise I think I would book elsewhere just because of how many arguably "bad" views the YC and BC have compared to a lot of the other resorts. At the Poly, GF, or CR there is almost no chance of a view like that (well, I guess SV garden wing in the CR, but not in the tower). I would have tried to find availability for a better view, but for whatever reason you have to book SV to have a room that sleeps 5 at the YC and BC (at least CL, nor sure otherwise). I don't mean to always come across so negative and nit picky, I'm sure we'll have a great trip, I just like to have all of the info leading up to it.

No daybed, but a full balcony. The rooms on either side of me have full balconies also. I was not upgraded, I checked, this is a standard view room.

Thanks so much! So good to hear, i had been wondering about those rooms! Have a great trip!!

[QUOTE="horselover, post: 59133559, member: 178992"

I'm sorry I don't remember. It was last March. I'm there so often there's no way I can keep track of room numbers.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to reply because this made me realize how obsessed I can be about documenting everything about each vacation. I always write the room number down and take a photo of the number and door outside the room, and have an ongoing list of each trip, the resort, and room number. I forgot to do this once, at the WL on our wedding/Honeymoon trip of all times, and it was a great room and view! It has driven me crazy ever since that I don't actually have the exact room number we were in, to the point I have looked back at journals and photos and anything I could think of to see if maybe that info made it's way onto some piece of paper :laughing:. This was 15 years ago this weekend, and I am still irritated with myself for not writing the room number down :rotfl2: Reminds me, I haven't updated the official list for a few trips. Of course, we only go a couple of times a year, now that we have 4 kids, so it's not that difficult for me to do. If we went more I would get so behind I wouldn't be able to catch up, like I have gotten with actually printing pictures.

ETA - oops, screwed up the quote by trying to delete part of it. Sorry!

I was at the very end of the floor. There’s definitely a number of rooms down there that get the roof. I’d guess probably beginning at 5710 or so and going down to the end which is 5724 (I believe). Past the roof we could see the bus pick up/drop off.

No complaints though, because we hadn’t booked CL, so the up grade was good enough.

Thanks, I had been so focused on the rooms closer to the lounge I hadn't noticed the rooftop down that far. But this is all good info, I hadn't read much about the SV CL rooms prior to just now!! What is that roof of? It is't the YC Convention center that close to the BC is it?

horselover, were you possibly 5197 at the YACHT club, not the BC? maybe I misunderstood which resort you meant from the beginning, I thought it was BC. I was just trying to figure out how SAB was slightly to the right in your photo, and I came across what seems to be essentially the same photo on touring plans for the YC CL SV 5197. (we're also staying the same view at the YC the 4 nights before, so i had been looking into all of those rooms as well).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter