Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The 1 BRs at BLT do indeed have 2 bathrooms. It is one of our home resorts. No sleeper chair though. I think you would need to provide your own bedding for the 5th person. Plenty of room though & the kitchen is beautiful. I don't like the modern, high rise style of BLT but I love the rooms. That is why we bought there. That & the ability to walk to MK.

I was going to try to stay at BLT on my next trip. I knew I wouldn't be booking early enough for BCV. But by the time we closed on my new resale contract and the points were in my account, BLT was gone. I decided to try Copper Creek.

I wonder if they added more king rooms with the referb? We have been three times since the referb and twice got a king room without requesting one...never got a king room before. The room we had in January was a king and very large... could have easily fit two queens and a day bed.

Not sure if there are more now, but the one you got in January sounds very different from the one we got in March. We don't like King rooms and asked to be moved to a 2 queen room. The King room was very small. There is no way that another bed would have fit in there and there was certainly no room for a day bed. The arrangement was perfectly nice, but it was small and there wasn't nearly the seating area that there was in the 2 queen room that we were moved to. I wonder how many layouts there are at the Yacht Club?

The 1 BRs at BLT do indeed have 2 bathrooms. It is one of our home resorts. No sleeper chair though. I think you would need to provide your own bedding for the 5th person. Plenty of room though & the kitchen is beautiful. I don't like the modern, high rise style of BLT but I love the rooms. That is why we bought there. That & the ability to walk to MK.

Quoting myself because I need to correct myself. I said there is no sleeper chair. Not true. I was picturing the living room in my mind & forgot there is a sleeper chair near the door that leads out to the balcony. So 2 bathrooms & sleeping spaces for a family of 5. It's a great option for larger families that don't have the points for a 2 BR but want 2 baths & the ability to walk to a park.

I’m checking out of YC today after a brief 2 night stay. First time we have stayed here. The refurbed rooms are SO thoughtfully appointed: lots of storage, usb plugs, nice lighting and lots of it, wet bar area is super functional. We are in a garden/woods view room overlooking tennis courts and quiet pool. Very quiet and relaxing! The lobby smells divine. Overall a wonderful stay!

Heading back to YC this Saturday - April 28 - May 8 YC CL SV. Have some easy, quick questions. Thanks!!!

Do you still get slippers at YC CL rooms? Is the sunscreen standard for CL? (one less bottle to pack)

Also, DH decided we do NOT want the King bed which we have always lucked out and received. So now have to call and change room request. Is it too late to do this through reservations? Do I have to call YC directly? Do they really frown at this?

Should I also add non connecting room also or will this limit the view. I had initially asked for back of resort. I have no idea if this was a good idea or not for SV CL. Appreciate any thoughts.

Heading back to YC this Saturday - April 28 - May 8 YC CL SV. Have some easy, quick questions. Thanks!!!

Do you still get slippers at YC CL rooms? Is the sunscreen standard for CL? (one less bottle to pack)

Also, DH decided we do NOT want the King bed which we have always lucked out and received. So now have to call and change room request. Is it too late to do this through reservations? Do I have to call YC directly? Do they really frown at this?

Should I also add non connecting room also or will this limit the view. I had initially asked for back of resort. I have no idea if this was a good idea or not for SV CL. Appreciate any thoughts.

We are just back from YC CL. Yes, we did have slippers & sunscreen in the room. The slippers are 1 size fits all & they are kind of big for me (I take 7 1/2 women’s shoes). The sunscreen is a small bottle, only 3 ozs. We took our own large bottle so I don’t know if that would last the week or if it would be restocked or not. Considering dermatologists recommend using an ounce per person, you might need more. And no, I have never used an ounce at a time either! :rotfl:

We book water view not standard, but in our many trips there, I would say most of our rooms have had connecting doors. I think the majority of rooms are connecting, so depending on your other requests, non connecting might be a very limited option.

Also I think most of the standard rooms look out on the front entrance. Most of the rooms on the back side of the resort are water view with a few garden view rooms.

We were in room 5175, water view room with 2 queen beds, sofa & shower/tub combo. I took some view pictures in case you need this room for the view thread Dee.

6E098F98-3568-48B1-9B74-29CD7A85F98E.png E1FDF71A-C2BC-4B85-AD84-03E0BC9EA2D3.png 09162A25-A5EE-4F37-A3CE-74E8A56DB8E2.png 497F6BB5-D778-4471-9013-F1B0A4BC91D0.png

These look left, center, right & straight down. The room is only 3 rooms from the lounge prep area & 4 rooms from the lounge. It was surprisingly quiet & we did not hear much hall noise at all. The room was clean & we had no issues with the room. I still don’t like the higher beds. Wasn’t a problem the first day or so, but after that, it was annoying to have to climb up into the bed when I was tired & sore after a day in the park. I read you can ask for a step stool, but I am afraid I would trip on that in the middle of the night so didn’t even ask about that. A poster a few weeks ago said she had no hot water but we had great hot water & water pressure. I’m not big on the rain shower so I used the hand held shower head as a regular shower which worked well for a short person like me.

We had no room checks other than housekeeping. We were back at he resort about 2 pm every day. One day our room was being cleaned when we came back so we hung in the lounge for a few minutes. Another day, the housekeeping cart was in the hall & our door was slightly ajar. We figured housekeeping was still in there, so we went to the lounge again. Waited a few minutes & went back. The cart was moved but our door was still ajar! :eek: We were missing a bar soap so I think the housekeeper went to get it, probably got interrupted & just forgot to go back. We had everything locked up & put away so I knew nothing would be taken. Still a little unsettling. This is the first time anything like that has ever happened in about 20 years of staying at the YC. I did not mention it to anyone at the time but I will mention it if I get a survey.

As a side note to that, we spent our last night in a first floor water view room at the BC because YC was full that night. We haven’t stayed at BC or even a regular room in years. We were in a first floor room next to the quiet pool. Room was not ready until 5pm. When it was ready, we just quick got our luggage & then headed to our dinner adr. When we came back we pulled the curtains & didn’t look out again. Next morning I went to step out & check out the patio & view. That’s when I saw that neither the lock nor the latch were secured!! :scared1: :scared1:

I know I should have checked, but not having stayed in a ground floor room ever at BC that I remember, it just never occurred to me that the patio might not be locked. All the rooms I have been in on the 5th floor have always been locked & latched. Lesson learned!

I don't have the answers to your questions, but I just wanted to say that we are also checking into our YC CL SV room on the 28th and staying through May 4th! We might see you in the lounge! :)

I'm so happy about the Freestyle Machines!

I wish they would get some new resort-specific merchandise. I feel like they've had the same shirts for years.

Agreed! And nautical is so trendy right now, they could really play up on the theming and have some cute preppy navy, pink and white apparel!

30 days to go until we check into YC! Yaayyyy! Can't wait-need some warm weather soon. We finally had a day that was sunny and almost 70. Probably will have to take my ghost white self and slather many tons of suntan lotion on so I don't fry once we really see that funny yellow thing up in the sky.
We had 5 inches of snow last Wednesday and today it was 70. My allergies are going crazy.

View attachment 318915 Checked in to the Beach Club at 1:10 today. Room was not ready until just after 3. Was so worth the wait standard view room 5679.

Good to see! Does it have a full balcony? Daybed? How about the 5677, 79, and 81 - do they have balconies and are they similar? I have 5681 as my requested room to be faxed through touring plans, wasn't sure what it would really be like but your post is reassuring. Do you feel like you see more roof than good view? I don't imagine it will matter, as chances are I'll end up in one of the rooms facing the front of the resort since there are many more of them, but you never know. I feel like the CL SV rooms at the BC are an enigma - you know they are there but no one ever seems to have stayed in one or have first person info on one when I ask on these boards :laughing:

For the first time, we're going to go in Beach Club in July 2019. We've already been at the Yacht Club 3 times. We booked with disney.Ireland and I couldn't make a reservation at the Yacht Club. I'm a little disappointed because I love Yacht Club. Do you think Beach club is as fantastic as Yacht Club ?

Is this really a std view or were you upgraded? I booked std CL for aug and would love that view.

I booked standard CL last year & got a view of the roof. o_O I have the same booked in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see what I get this time. I'm hoping for quiet gardens if anything. Pool view is too noisy for my taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter