Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Only 3 more days and Jim and I will be at the Beach Club. I had booked just a standard room, but due to some special pixie dust we were given a Club Level upgrade back in December. Looking forward to a relaxing vacation and enjoying the Flower and Garden Festival. I will be happy to answer any questions while we are there.

We actually prefer split stays but we are going for 7 nights so it’s not too bad. I’m so excited for mnsshp!! We are planning on going arrival day but we arrive at 9 am so idk if we will be too tired.
We are going to the party on our arrival day too! We are driving so hopefully we won’t be too tired. It’s about a 7 hour drive. We go on the 25th.

We are doing our first split stay this summer for 9 nights. I think we will like it!!

We are going to the party on our arrival day too! We are driving so hopefully we won’t be too tired. It’s about a 7 hour drive. We go on the 25th.

We are doing our first split stay this summer for 9 nights. I think we will like it!!
We fly out of Chicago at like 5:30 am so I’ll be tired when we get there lol. We are hoping for an early check in at pop. We are going to the October 23 and 25 parties.

Hi. 4 weeks to go and getting very excitied.

Starting to think about what to pack and I know we get pool towels at SAB but the girls wanted new ones with maybe 2018 on. If anyone is there or knows what sort of pool/beach towels are in the gift shop/parks that would be great.

I'm looking for a Goofy if there's such a one. I'm probably better off having a look in Wal-Mart too as were going there the day after we arrive!

Thanks X

Last edited:

Less than two weeks until we return to Yacht Club for our mid-season surprise trip for the kids. Can't wait to see their little faces when I wake them up and tell them we're headed to the airport. Our 5yo has been sad because "November isn't REALLY right around the corner and WON'T be here before we know it", and our 3yo just says she's so "assyted" to see the Princesses.

Page 1190-1192

Will try to catch-up here in the next couple of days.

Once again, I would like to thank all of you wicked smart and extremely helpful people who answer all the questions that are posted.

:thanks:

Does anyone know if the sofa in the BC 2-bedroom suite living room is a full or queen pullout (similar to what we would find in a villa)? Or is just a single, day bed (similar to what is in a standard deluxe room).

:welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you book a room at the resort.

:goodvibes

We are here and our room is garden view (1011). It overlooks the lagoon - Epcot side. We can see the fireworks from our porch. It is a first floor room which I wouldn’t do again because we can’t turn the lights off on the porch at night. I would love to sit in my pjs on the porch/balcony without lights at night. I would choose a room on the second floor, especially with little kids

The inability to turn on or turn off the balcony/patio lights is one of the things that annoys me about the resort. I often go out on the balcony in the early morning hours with my coffee and I like to read. I need to bring my own reading light because the lights are on timers and there is no way for the guests in the room to control whether they are on or off. Maybe that's so lights don't disturb the sleep of others staying in a room across the way, but I still find it bothersome.

:headache:

With the AP discount that came out and a pin code I got, I was able to change the POFQ part of our split stay to AKL standard view, and upgrade our BC reservation from standard view to garden view! Woohoo! So we have 1 night at Pop (6/21), 4 nights AKL (6/22-26) and 9 nights BC (6/26-7/5). This is very similar to our trip last June, except it's one more night at BC that we had last year. I'm super excited! Last year we got upgraded to garden view and had a great room on the 2nd floor overlooking the volleyball court area with an amazing side view of the lagoon. I've requested the same area this year so fingers crossed! I'll be happy with whatever but I really don't want to be all the way on the end basically in Epcot.

I'll make the adjustment to your listing.

:woohoo:

reading over the pool info.... So children cannot wear a Coast Guard approved Puddle Jumper brought from home in the big pirate slide? My DD5 can swim without one, but I usually have her wear one at water parks and on big slides.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip? Which resort: BC/YC/BCV?

:cool1:

Others have replied to your question about life jackets.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Page 1193-1194

I can’t currently provide a room number, but we had a room once in the wedding gazebo area that was near the corner of the building and faced Epcot. It was an excellent view overall and had a really good head-on view of the fireworks. Another time, we were (I think) upgraded from garden to lagoon/pool view and I could see the Epcot fireworks if I looked to the left. This room was behind the turret near the Yachtsman and despite the water view, it was also a roof view. If the room numbers are important to you, I can check to see if I still have them.

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Thanks so much for the comments about your room.

We booked our first stay at beach club for October 26-30! We are so excited to stay there and experience Halloween for the first time! We booked standard view through a ta. I think we want king bed most of all so that’s what I had her call in for us.

Hoping you get your request for a king bed. They are very limited at the resort, but since these are best for parties of 2 or less, it is possible you will get one of those rooms.

::yes::

Well, I enjoyed our seven night stay at Yacht Club. it is nice to be able to walk to Epcot and then go back to the room whenever you want. The only problem we had was a lack of hot water. I love to take a hot bath and relax at the end of the day. The water was always lukewarm which resulted in cold baths. It was even lukewarm when I took a shower in the morning. I did talk to the front desk. The maintenance CM came and checked my room. She told me that due to safety concerns (children) they lowered the water temps. I wonder if the lack of hot water was due to the fact that we were in room 1011 which is probably the farthest room from the lobby? I have stayed at many resorts in WDW and never had a problem with water temperature.

Thanks so much for letting us know you enjoyed your stay. That stinks about the water!

:sad2:

Some desserts from YC: Mickey head flourless chocolate cakes, hot apple crumble mini pie, no bake cheesecake. All are wonderful. The Mickey cake is really like a moouse. The apple pie is served warm from one of the hot food pans. The desserts have been the same every night: Rice Krispie treats, frosted brownies, pana cotta, no bake cheesecakes, Mickey flourless cakes, warm apple pie, strawberry, vanilla & red velvet cupcakes & oatmeal, sugar & chocolate chip cookies. So while the options are all the same, there are quite a few of them.

Dee, I took a picture of the large shared balcony from the lounge. You can see by the awnings on the floors below that there are 3 rooms between the lounge & that balcony. The first long railing just to the right is part of the lounge area - it is the part that was expanded. The first rom number next to the lounge is 5170. So 5170, 72 & 74 are private balconies. Shared balcony starts at 5176.

Wow! Thanks so much for the info and pictures. I need to update the dessert pictures on the Page 1 Club Level post. The pictures there are still mine from 2013 and feature the long-gone bon-bons.

That is very helpful info about the shared balcony.

Thanks, again!

Page 1193-1194

Hoping you get your request for a king bed. They are very limited at the resort, but since these are best for parties of 2 or less, it is possible you will get one of those rooms.

::yes::

Thanks so much for letting us know you enjoyed your stay. That stinks about the water!

:sad2:

Wow! Thanks so much for the info and pictures. I need to update the dessert pictures on the Page 1 Club Level post. The pictures there are still mine from 2013 and feature the long-gone bon-bons.

That is very helpful info about the shared balcony.

Thanks, again!

Thanks! We won’t be heart broken if we don’t get one. We will just be happy to be there!

We are a family of 5: myself, DH, DS14, DD11, and DS8. We have stayed at several of the resorts that accommodate 5 people in one room without issue so far. This trip we are staying at the Poly and BCV (studio). As the kids get older it does get a little more cramped. The bathroom situation is getting to be a little awkward as well. It isn't so bad when the toilet and shower are closed off from the sink. I've looked at the Kidani 1-bedrooms at AKV several times because 2 bathrooms are quite appealing, but I just can't do because we love staying close to Epcot or MK. Good luck deciding. That's always the hardest part for me. :)

Add on some DVC points and get a 2BR. It'll change your life! :D

I have just one brother a few years younger, and my parents bought at OKW back in the day just for the 2BRs. (Granted this was the early 90s when DVC was fairly new.) If you can afford it, it is definitely an upgraded experience all around.

Grocery Delivery Services

In the FAQ section (Page 1, Post 13), I have tried to compile information about grocery services that deliver items the resorts in person (as opposed to services that send orders by mail like Staples, Walmart, Amazon- that will go to the Convention mailing center)

So far, I have contact info for Garden Grocer, We Go Shop, Safeway, Turner Drug, Dizzy Dolphin and Amazon Prime Now.

Am I missing any services that you have used successfully?

I also have a collection of feedback about the services. If you would like me to add your commentary to this section- positive or negative- please post here. Please include which service you used, when you used it and what you liked or didn't like about the price/delivery/ordering process, etc.

Thanks!

A belated thank you for this! Will be there the end of July and this is very helpful!

disneymomma76 said:
"We are a family of 5: myself, DH, DS14, DD11, and DS8. We have stayed at several of the resorts that accommodate 5 people in one room without issue so far. This trip we are staying at the Poly and BCV (studio). As the kids get older it does get a little more cramped. The bathroom situation is getting to be a little awkward as well. It isn't so bad when the toilet and shower are closed off from the sink. I've looked at the Kidani 1-bedrooms at AKV several times because 2 bathrooms are quite appealing, but I just can't do because we love staying close to Epcot or MK. Good luck deciding. That's always the hardest part for me."

I'm too lazy to go back and find the original post to quote. But @disneymomma76, you said you looked at the Kidani 1-bedroom at AKV because 2 bathrooms are quite appealing, but you can't because you love staying close to Epcot or MK. What about the 1-bedroom at Bay Lake Tower (the DVC building at the Contemporary)? According to the Disney World website, it sleeps up to 5 adults. I believe it has 2 bathrooms. And you can walk to the Magic Kingdom.

Page 1193-1194

I wonder if they added more king rooms with the referb? We have been three times since the referb and twice got a king room without requesting one...never got a king room before. The room we had in January was a king and very large... could have easily fit two queens and a day bed.

disneymomma76 said:
"We are a family of 5: myself, DH, DS14, DD11, and DS8. We have stayed at several of the resorts that accommodate 5 people in one room without issue so far. This trip we are staying at the Poly and BCV (studio). As the kids get older it does get a little more cramped. The bathroom situation is getting to be a little awkward as well. It isn't so bad when the toilet and shower are closed off from the sink. I've looked at the Kidani 1-bedrooms at AKV several times because 2 bathrooms are quite appealing, but I just can't do because we love staying close to Epcot or MK. Good luck deciding. That's always the hardest part for me."

I'm too lazy to go back and find the original post to quote. But @disneymomma76, you said you looked at the Kidani 1-bedroom at AKV because 2 bathrooms are quite appealing, but you can't because you love staying close to Epcot or MK. What about the 1-bedroom at Bay Lake Tower (the DVC building at the Contemporary)? According to the Disney World website, it sleeps up to 5 adults. I believe it has 2 bathrooms. And you can walk to the Magic Kingdom.

The 1 BRs at BLT do indeed have 2 bathrooms. It is one of our home resorts. No sleeper chair though. I think you would need to provide your own bedding for the 5th person. Plenty of room though & the kitchen is beautiful. I don't like the modern, high rise style of BLT but I love the rooms. That is why we bought there. That & the ability to walk to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter