Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone ever used Prime Pantry to deliver groceries to the BC? We have always used Garden Grocer but my wife and I were discussing Prime Pantry last night as a possible option. I told her I would ask here and my Disboards people will know. So can anyone help?

View attachment 303511

View attachment 303512
These aren't great pictures, but you get the idea! Took these in December for our Christmas trip. I, for one, am THRILLED that there are new loungers! I found them to be quite comfy. :)

I just wanted to chime in and clarify. The original question was with regards to the BCV pool which I would assume to be the Dunes Cove pool?
The picture with the new loungers is from SAB. As of 1/11/18 the Dunes Cove pool still had the "old" loungers. This could have changed in the last month, but just wanted to clarify if indeed the original question was with regards to just the "BCV pool".

Hi all - first time Beach Club stayer and just booked for an extended Memorial Day Weekend trip. :yay::yay::yay:

Questions:

1. Is there a place inside the resort that we can refill our mugs? Or is it similar to Boardwalk in that we have to go outside to find a place?

2. We booked Standard View - daughter has advanced ADHD and is particularly sensitive to noise. Any room recommendations that wouldn't also be too far of a walk to the exit either to the pool or walkway to DHS/Epcot?

3. I read on the first page that the approximate walk to DHS is about a mile - give or take a few minutes via the shortcut through the BWI clown pool. Being its Memorial Day Weekend, I'm assuming the lines for the boat will be that much more crowded. Will it likely be faster to walk it?

4. Is the pool still sand bottomed? Reason I ask is that I've asked someone whose gone in the past to Yacht Club and they don't recall sand at all.

TIA!

Hi all - first time Beach Club stayer and just booked for an extended Memorial Day Weekend trip. :yay::yay::yay:

Questions:

1. Is there a place inside the resort that we can refill our mugs? Or is it similar to Boardwalk in that we have to go outside to find a place?

2. We booked Standard View - daughter has advanced ADHD and is particularly sensitive to noise. Any room recommendations that wouldn't also be too far of a walk to the exit either to the pool or walkway to DHS/Epcot?

3. I read on the first page that the approximate walk to DHS is about a mile - give or take a few minutes via the shortcut through the BWI clown pool. Being its Memorial Day Weekend, I'm assuming the lines for the boat will be that much more crowded. Will it likely be faster to walk it?

4. Is the pool still sand bottomed? Reason I ask is that I've asked someone whose gone in the past to Yacht Club and they don't recall sand at all.

TIA!

I can only answer a bit, since it's been a long time since I've stayed at the Beach Club (but have stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and Villas more recently).

I would call reservations, and explain the sensitivity to noise, to ask for a room at the end of a hall, and on a high floor, and hopefully not connecting to another room, to assist with it being more quiet. I'm sure explaining this is a medical need, they will at least note it and do their best!

I find walking to DHS long for me (after all the other walking), but I do it at times. Mostly I take the boat, though.

Refill mug: https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/fill-free-refillable-cup-yacht-club-312397/

You can refill your mug at ANY resort. So if you're at the Boardwalk, there is also the Boardwalk Bakery (not worth the trek just for that).

Oh and just found this: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...-at-ale-compass-in-disneys-yacht-club-resort/

So no, you do not need to go outside to refill your mug!

I read there is still sand bottom area. We tend to prefer the quiet pools (if we swim, which is maybe once a trip).

Last edited:

I can only answer a bit, since it's been a long time since I've stayed at the Beach Club (but have stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and Villas more recently).

I would call reservations, and explain the sensitivity to noise, to ask for a room at the end of a hall, and on a high floor, and hopefully not connecting to another room, to assist with it being more quiet. I'm sure explaining this is a medical need, they will at least note it and do their best!

I find walking to DHS long for me (after all the other walking), but I do it at times. Mostly I take the boat, though.

Refill mug: https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/fill-free-refillable-cup-yacht-club-312397/

You can refill your mug at ANY resort. So if you're at the Boardwalk, there is also the Boardwalk Bakery (not worth the trek just for that).

Oh and just found this: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...-at-ale-compass-in-disneys-yacht-club-resort/

So no, you do not need to go outside to refill your mug!

I read there is still sand bottom area. We tend to prefer the quiet pools (if we swim, which is maybe once a trip).

thank you so much for all that info -- I don't think I can call reservations as I booked through a travel agent, or can a simple request like that be called in by me?

thank you so much for all that info -- I don't think I can call reservations as I booked through a travel agent, or can a simple request like that be called in by me?

If you booked through a TA then no you cannot call Disney with a request. You don’t own the reservation the TA does. Disney will not talk to you.
Be careful about a request at the end of a Hall. The closer you get to Epcot, in the long hallways,the louder the noise from Illuminations is at 9. It wakes me if I have fallen asleep

Has anyone ever used Prime Pantry to deliver groceries to the BC? We have always used Garden Grocer but my wife and I were discussing Prime Pantry last night as a possible option. I told her I would ask here and my Disboards people will know. So can anyone help?

I have not done this, but people often discuss grocery delivery on the DVC boards. My understanding is that you do not want to use Prime Pantry. This service SHIPS your order. It will go to the Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center, the Convention Center business office will charge you a handling fee, and for some reason people have had problems having these items arrive on time.

You want to use Amazon Prime Now. A local driver DELIVERS your order. You cannot place your order far ahead, because they don't know what items will be available to deliver on the day you want it. People often put things in their cart the night before their trip, and place the order at the airport. They deliver to Bell Services. People like it because you are not limited to food items, as you might be if you order from a grocery delivery place. They do not deliver liquor in Orlando (although they do in other parts of the country). Disney should not charge you a handling fee; many people tip Bell Services for bringing the items up to their room.

We used Amazon Prime Now on our Dec. 2016 trip at YC and it worked very well! No problems and items were delivered very quickly to Bell Services. We will do it again for our next trip!

Questions:

TIA!
3. We always walk it and find it very peaceful, pretty, and enjoyable. It doesn't take too long and I feel like we've raced the boats before and made it back first. LOL

4. Yes, parts of SAB have a sandy bottom. Love it!

You want to use Amazon Prime Now. A local driver DELIVERS your order. You cannot place your order far ahead, because they don't know what items will be available to deliver on the day you want it. People often put things in their cart the night before their trip, and place the order at the airport. They deliver to Bell Services. People like it because you are not limited to food items, as you might be if you order from a grocery delivery place. They do not deliver liquor in Orlando (although they do in other parts of the country). Disney should not charge you a handling fee; many people tip Bell Services for bringing the items up to their room.

We used Amazon Prime Now on our Dec. 2016 trip at YC and it worked very well! No problems and items were delivered very quickly to Bell Services. We will do it again for our next trip!

Thanks for both of these answers. We will have to give Prime Now a shot!

What's that, you say? My signature has changed??? Why, yes it has!!! :D

Dee, please add us to Be Our Guest for June 7 - 12 at YC's CL! We were going to try BWI, but I had a quick solo trip this past weekend, during which I worked on changing our rates to Bounceback. BWI didn't have any regular CL rooms available, but I got a DANDY rate for YC! So we're going back to POR, where it all began, on June 2, then we'll move to YC for five nights on June 7.

I was afraid DS might be disappointed about BWI, but his response was, "Yacht Club is home. And that clown pool really DOES creep me out..." Word.

:sail:

Is there anyone else not getting alerts to new posts in this thread? For the last 2 weeks I've only gotten alerts from 1 thread and that's the one about POFQ. I intentionally posted to this thread so I could receive an alert whenever something is added. I have got some catching up to do. Hopefully this post reactivated my alerts. Lol.

Is there anyone else not getting alerts to new posts in this thread? For the last 2 weeks I've only gotten alerts from 1 thread and that's the one about POFQ. I intentionally posted to this thread so I could receive an alert whenever something is added. I have got some catching up to do. Hopefully this post reactivated my alerts. Lol.

Not sure what you mean by "alerts."

I just watch threads. Then when I log into disboards, I click on "watched threads" near the top of the screen and it shows me a list of threads I am watching which have new posts. But it also has something to click on to show me threads I am watching which don't have new posts, and sometimes that is helpful as well.

To anybody who doesn't know how to watch a thread - near the top of the screen, where it shows the name of the thread -- on the right side of the screen you can click on WATCH THREAD. A window will pop up asking whether or not you want to receive email notifications when someone posts to the thread. I always say No. I get enough email! Maybe the emails are what PP meant by alerts?

Sometimes you can fix this problem by "unwatching the thread", closing the window, then going back in and "watching" the thread again.
Good luck. :)

If you are not seeing "alerts," select "Watched Threads" in the light brown banner. There is sometimes a delay to see alerts, but the "Watched Threads" option is immediate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter