Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Any room can be a noisy one if your neighbors are noisy. Any hotel can have "off days" with housekeeping. Any bus system can have days when buses are full and/or late.

BC is our favourite WDW resort. We've stayed at most of the others at some point over the last 20+ years, and keep coining back to BC. We currently have stays booked for May, October and December...and it's not because BC was cheapest. :-) We love the location, the theme and the pool. We've never had a huge problem with cast members or mousekeeping. We've never had a huge problem with noisy neighbors, and we have had some really noisy neighbors at some of the other hotels, but maybe we've just been lucky.

Is it the Four Seasons or the Plaza NYC? Nope, even though the bill would lead you to believe that, especially during peak times. It's a good Disney hotel, but it's not five star luxury and you shouldn't expect that even if the price range is the same.

Is it perfect? Nope, but it's nowhere as bad as some of the reviews would lead you to believe. I sometimes wonder if those reviewers were staying at the same hotel as I was, because I didn't notice any of the things they did. Our only "wish-it-was-better" is the quick service offerings, since they're a little limited...but we just head over to Epcot when we're hungry and that solves that.

But, if you go into your stay expecting problems and actively looking for them, you'll find them...and you won't notice any of the good things. Personally, my stay isn't ruined if my garbage doesn't get emptied one day or I find a scuff on the baseboard near the closet or a q-tip under the bed. However, I don't go looking under the bed to see what mousekeeping might have missed, either.

Then again, you're here on the YC/BC thread, where all us YC/BC junkies and addicts hang out. We're all more than a bit biased. :-)

Any room can be a noisy one if your neighbors are noisy. Any hotel can have "off days" with housekeeping. Any bus system can have days when buses are full and/or late.

BC is our favourite WDW resort. We've stayed at most of the others at some point over the last 20+ years, and keep coining back to BC. We currently have stays booked for May, October and December...and it's not because BC was cheapest. :-) We love the location, the theme and the pool. We've never had a huge problem with cast members or mousekeeping. We've never had a huge problem with noisy neighbors, and we have had some really noisy neighbors at some of the other hotels, but maybe we've just been lucky.

Is it the Four Seasons or the Plaza NYC? Nope, even though the bill would lead you to believe that, especially during peak times. It's a good Disney hotel, but it's not five star luxury and you shouldn't expect that even if the price range is the same.

Is it perfect? Nope, but it's nowhere as bad as some of the reviews would lead you to believe. I sometimes wonder if those reviewers were staying at the same hotel as I was, because I didn't notice any of the things they did. Our only "wish-it-was-better" is the quick service offerings, since they're a little limited...but we just head over to Epcot when we're hungry and that solves that.

But, if you go into your stay expecting problems and actively looking for them, you'll find them...and you won't notice any of the good things. Personally, my stay isn't ruined if my garbage doesn't get emptied one day or I find a scuff on the baseboard near the closet or a q-tip under the bed. However, I don't go looking under the bed to see what mousekeeping might have missed, either.

Then again, you're here on the YC/BC thread, where all us YC/BC junkies and addicts hang out. We're all more than a bit biased. :-)
Thanks for the good reply! This helps me a lot! I am thinking we need to add the Park Hopper option to enjoy the best of BC's perks...location and expanding our dining options. :)

This might be a silly question....but I've never stayed at YC or BC before. Is it basically treated as one resort, just with different thematic wings? Are there elements that are not available to the other side (ie: if I stay at YC, am I am to use all of the same facilities that are at BC)? Other than decor, what are the things that make people choose one or the other?

OK, BC lovers ...get us excited about our March trip. What are your favorite things and/or pro-tips for our stay? :)

Also, we have a lagoon/pool view and are hoping for a full balcony. Does anyone have a favorite room # with a lagoon view? :)

This might be a silly question....but I've never stayed at YC or BC before. Is it basically treated as one resort, just with different thematic wings? Are there elements that are not available to the other side (ie: if I stay at YC, am I am to use all of the same facilities that are at BC)? Other than decor, what are the things that make people choose one or the other?

Nope -not a silly question at all. In fact, after having stayed at YC recently (and enjoying, but not loving it) and reading the posts in this thread, I'm looking at booking the BC for this summer. One of the reasons is because if you read this thread, BC people are numerous and absolutely jubilant over their experiences, while YC not so much.

Last edited:
They are sister resorts. Amenities such as pools are 100% shared. There is only one feature pool for both resorts and that is the famous Stormalong Bay. They do have their own entrances, bus stops, check-in/concierge, and bell services. You can easily walk from one to the other, but there is no way to do it directly through the lobby. You must exit one resort and enter the other after a short walk.

Personally I feel that Yacht Club has a more mature theme whereas Beach Club has a more family friendly theme. Yacht Club is a conference hotel, has signature dining, lounges, and the lobby tends to be quieter. Beach Club has character dining, Beaches and Cream, and even caricature artists in the lobby.

Last edited:
Just got back from our stay at BC (the 6th-13th of Jan)

It was my first time staying at BC and here are my thoughts:

*I don't like the scent in the lobby and had never booked there because of it, but it actually didn't smell like that once I left the lobby, so it wasn't a big deal (which was a relief!)

*I hate the smell of cape may cafe because i hate seafood. and it was obnoxious to have to walk past it. for that reason alone, i probably wouldn't stay here again.

*the hallways do look run down. my room looked pretty good, but the hallways were in rough shape.

*I don't like the way they leave the linen carts all over the hallways. there was one parked right next to my door and it just ruined the vibe. didn't feel very "deluxe" at all.

*there aren't enough food options in the marketplace for hot food. I prefer a true quick service experience. lesson learned.

*the front desk is understaffed. I had multiple CMs say so and they had CMs covering there that actually worked at other resorts normally, so they weren't as knowledgable as they needed to be. it was a real pain. the front desk waits were terrible with the exception of saturday when they had more people working. hopefully, they'll make some new hires soon!

*this one is important! ONE LAUNDRY ROOM IS OUT OF ORDER. There's an alternate one near the quiet pool, but you have to GO OUTSIDE to get to it. there are a total of 3 working washing machines! (one is out of order in that laundry room) this was a really bad inconvenience for us.

*the walk to epcot is wonderful. i wish the walk to DHS was better labeled, as we got lost once. If it were, it would also be wonderful. Overall transportation was easy-peasy, though we did share a bus with YC for the entire stay and always stopped there first.

*everyone makes a big deal about SAB, which is actually what made us choose BC, but i didn't like it. it was WAY TOO HARD to keep track of my kids (we brought 10 with us) and my daughter did end up having to be water rescued by a lifeguard (i wasn't there at the time, so i don't know exactly what happened, but it seems she didn't realize when she'd entered a deeper area, she's only 4)

*the pool is VERY LOUD. we'd paid for a standard view, but ended up with pool view rooms and even if i'd wanted to sleep in past 10am, that wasn't an option.

*the rooms themselves are lovely and the balconies were a nice bonus.

*mousekeeping was just OK. nothing above and beyond, a few small issues. certainly not "magical." I did tip every day, just fyi.

*a convention or two started up toward the end of our stay and the convention attendees were a little rough to deal with. I might not stay at another convention hotel.

For our family, we wouldn't choose to stay here again. I would consider BWI if we were doing another january trip and unlikely to swim often just for the convenience of the walk to Epcot and DHS. Not to be a downer on this thread, I just wanted to give my take for others who have never stayed here before. I can see the appeal for sure and if you don't mind the bustling, busy-ness of the BC. I like a little slower pace, so AKL is still our favorite with Poly close behind. On to WL next time!

Yes they do have music at the pool. We were at Stormalong Bay in December and there was a DJ.

Last edited:
Heading back to the Beach Club in June! We stayed there in December of 2016 and loved it. Last time we were there, we didn't spend much time at the resort and didn't use the pool, but this time we are planning to have a couple of off days just swimming.

I've been reading up on here and basically have all of my questions answered, but one...

Do they have music playing at Stormalong Bay while your swimming/laying out?
Yes there is. When we were there in December there was a DJ taking requests. When his shift was over he just left the music playing.

OK! Super helpful. We are staying at YC because DH is hosting a conference with his work so naturally one does not say no to a free tag along trip :)
They are sister resorts. Amenities such as pools are 100% shared. There is only one feature pool for both resorts and that is the infamous Stormalong Bay. They do have their own entrances, bus stops, check-in/concierge, and bell services. You can easily walk from one to the other, but there is no way to do it directly through the lobby. You must exit one resort and enter the other after a short walk.

Personally I feel that Yacht Club has a more mature theme whereas Beach Club has a more family friendly theme. Yacht Club is a conference hotel, has signature dining, lounges, and the lobby tends to be quieter. Beach Club has character dining, Beaches and Cream, and even caricature artists in the lobby.

Does anyone know the Bounceback discount for the end of May 2018 at the BC/YC?

Room rates quoted had discounts of about 12-15%, which just does not seem correct, as the current room only public offer is better than that.

Current one is in this post:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-bounce-back-released-today.3625641/page-21#post-58649809

Pic is a little blurry, but I think it said somewhere else in that really long thread that deluxe was 30% off.
Thanks so much for the info, which sounds right. I think that the CM dd not know what she was doing on this inquiry to change dates on an existing room only BB reservation.

Edit: So, I just discovered that the first night is a blackout date, and that's probably why the quote was high. The CM apparently did not realize it.

Last edited:

I agree 100%. Price is relative. Ten years ago, my husband and I stayed overnight in NYC to see a show and have dinner for our anniversary. The room was clean and relatively quiet and minuscule. It was in the theatre district, and a two-block walk from the theatre, so it was $500 for the one night. And that was ten years ago.

Thanks for the good reply! This helps me a lot! I am thinking we need to add the Park Hopper option to enjoy the best of BC's perks...location and expanding our dining options. :)

I would definitely add the park hopper option. We tend to park hop a good bit, anyway. But when we’re at the BC, we’ll go to Epcot just about every night.

We are attending a conference and staying at Yacht Club 2/10-2/17. Any suggestions for room request (we are booked in standard room)?
What toiletries are provided in the room? Thank you!

Yes there is. When we were there in December there was a DJ taking requests. When his shift was over he just left the music playing.

I wonder when they started this (and why?). We've never heard any music playing except during the afternoon activities, and never a DJ. We were last there in September.

They are sister resorts. Amenities such as pools are 100% shared. There is only one feature pool for both resorts and that is the infamous Stormalong Bay. They do have their own entrances, bus stops, check-in/concierge, and bell services. You can easily walk from one to the other, but there is no way to do it directly through the lobby. You must exit one resort and enter the other after a short walk.

Why infamous? I always thought SAB was very popular

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter