Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions: Room Refurbs Complete 2017

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Page 1126-1127

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Got it!

:thumbsup2

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:dogdance:

As far as we know, the policy will still be in effect in April. As dansdad points out, the trial period is expected to last a year, but it wouldn't shock me if Disney changes the plans. They seem to be testing policies and adding services, then stopping them after a short trial period- I'm looking at you, MK Cabanas and Express Park Transportation and sadly, Frozen Pineapple Treats available for like a month at Stormalong Bay.

:sad1:

Absolutely!!!

:woohoo:

Nice!

:cool2:

I love both resorts. Personally, I would check out prices. Lately, it seems like guests have been getting better deals booking at Yacht Club. Not sure if that will be the case when you book, but it is worth investigating.

:goodvibes

Thanks for your report.

I have your October trip on the list. Should I pencil in next January, or would you like me to wait until you have booked?

::yes::

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:flower1:

Thanks for posting the news.

Although I have never used the service, I have only heard positive feedback. This is a shame for parents who used this service for a well-deserved adult break during a family vacation.

:sad2:

What a great thank you present!

I think I have info about the Walter & Rosie Candle in the scent post, but I'll add your first-hand testimonial.

:thumbsup2

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    AGoofykindagirl likes this.
  2. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

It has been more than a year since my last CL stay, and it was still the individual resort concierge service at that time, rather than the new Signature Services so the info you are getting on the Cl page is more current than my experience.

That being said, I like to cover as many bases as possible, so I suggest calling in your request through the normal Central Reservations Office AND let DSS know your preferences as well. If they don't contact you, reach out to them.

izzylovesmickey and TristiK like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. PCFriar80

PCFriar80 BCV/CT

[QUOTE="natebenma, post: 58667283, member: 203544]

Thanks for your report.

I have your October trip on the list. Should I pencil in next January, or would you like me to wait until you have booked?

[/QUOTE]
    You can pencil us in for 1/9 - 1/17/18. I’ll be making our ressies on 2/9 and will confirm then. BTW DME 7:20 pickup at BC for 10:30 flight. Arrived at 8:10 and cleared security (non TSA Pre) at 8:40.

rteetz, natebenma and AGoofykindagirl like this.
  5. dreamer17555

dreamer17555 DIS Veteran

Hi. Considering turning our May trip into a split stay with Beach Club but have a question. Traveling as a family of three but with two children who cannot share sleep space. I know not all rooms have daybeds but read that roll aways are available. Has anyone ever had issues receiving one? Looking at possibly booking club level if that helps.

6. izzylovesmickey

izzylovesmickey DIS Veteran

We've done it a couple of times. DD & DS are young adults so definitely no sharing! I think out of 3 CL(we had LV rooms) stays we had a daybed once. They always sent up a roll away as soon as we knew there was no daybed. Usually got it within 10 minutes. The rooms with a connecting door worked best because of the way the room was laid out. If no connecting it is a little "closer" in the room but we left it set up and just dealt with it. Kids said it was ok but we did make them switch off so no one had it for the entire stay.

7. Princess Michele

Princess Michele Mouseketeer

My mom and I will be staying at the Yacht Club 1/22/18 - 1/24/18 for the first time. Does anyone who has stayed their recently know if you can request an alarm clock from Housekeeping? I am old school and prefer a traditional alarm clock to my phone and like to be able to see the time easier. If I need to I can bring one from home but it would be easier if I could get one at the resort. Thank you.

8. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

I think you should bring one because I don't think you can count on getting one at the resort. Although a couple of people have had success when requesting an alarm clock for the room, others (including me) did not.

:sad2:

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  9. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

I have SAB question... (Lol, my new phone just changed SAB to SAAB... Autocorrect, ha)
    Are we allowed to bring clip on umbrellas for the pool loungers? Are there any loungers that are either shaded or already have umbrellas? And last but not least, do they rent or sell any?
    TIA!!!
    NonnaT

10. andee515

andee515 Mouseketeer

We will be staying at the Yacht for the first time over the 4th of July. I have been reviewing info and making plans and need some help.... My son will not start a Disney day without Mickey waffle, what are my choices?

11. PolyRob

PolyRob DIS Veteran

Beach Club Marketplace. Prior to the Market at Ale and Compass, it was really the only true QS (not pool bar) where you could get food or fills mugs. Not too far of a walk.

Private dining (room service), or Ale and Compass Restaurant (TS), previously the Captain's Grille.

12. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...

Cluelyss, msdroz, gometros and 25 others like this.
  13. ♥ Mandi ♥

♥ Mandi ♥ Mouseketeer

We’ll be staying at the Villas 11/27-12/11!

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  14. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

Wow! That's awesome! Congrats to all the great posters who make this such a fun, helpful thread & now top rated resort thread. And well deserved recognition to Dee who does such an amazing job keeping everything organized & up to date. :worship: She really sets the tone for the whole thread & is so welcoming to everyone. THANK YOU DEE!! We appreciate all your hard work! :thanks::flower3:

15. Simba's Girl

Simba's Girl DIS Veteran

Won't be catching up anytime soon...wanted to review our stay over Marathon Weekend (before I forget!)

We were at BC the 3rd through the 10th celebrating our 20th anniversary, DH's first marathon and our last big family trip before DD1 graduates from HS in June. I had booked a deluxe room with CL access soon after we registered for our races. (DD3 and I ran the 10K) We got a great rate but it was still an expensive undertaking. I was hesitant about this stay because in 2011 we stayed at YCCL a couple nights and it wasn't magical at all, so much so that we were offered a comp room because of it. As the holidays (and all our birthdays) neared I had considered downgrading to POR and getting 2 rooms because of the price instead but I am SO GLAD I didn't do that! We had the absolute *best* stay we've had I think-ever. This was DH & I's 20th trip together as a couple.

Rooms-earlier in the thread I posted about our SVCL room and it's # it was fabulous although a bit small for our crew of two teens, DH & I and my 11 yo. This was our comp room. I got the room ready text before we even got to the airport to leave! When we arrived at around midnight, we went straight to our room and drifted off to Neverland. The next day we checked out and had our bags stored, the CL staff was awesome at helping with that move. We went off on our adventures of going to MK and the Expo during the day. I got the room ready text as we were leaving the Expo that afternoon, the room was 4557 and I had not memorized which deluxe rooms had the large balconies I was looking for so I was a little worried about getting our room requests. (Our specific language in requesting rooms through DSS was the following: Large Balcony, facing quiet pool giving examples of room numbers in the request) The room size was perfect for our family and our large balcony request was granted! The room gave plenty of space for all of us to not be on top of each other, it was absolutely perfect! (I DO have pictures which I will upload to the room pics thread later)

BCCL- staff was friendly and wonderful. Very helpful with issues (DD1's MB fell off and got lost during Everest) and explained that we can get a "welcome drink" (which had a specific name that I don't remember) for all of us because it can be made "virgin" for the kids and we can get one whenever we want (as long as the lounge was open). This was a huge contrast to our YCCL stay 6.5 years ago where we found the CMs rude. The food was great and everyone of my picky eating crowd found something they liked at all serving times. I won't go into what food is there because the CL was reviewed by Josh at EasyWDW (I think it was him) over the summer.

Security at the parks-I encountered a VERY rude security CM who was rather fresh to me when I was not realizing that I was walking through a metal detector at the IG with mine and DD's medals in my pockets(Although we'd been to AK and MK prior, I had been waved through screening.) I actually confronted him as to why he was giving me a hard time and of course he denied it. He was so rude that I could hear other guests commenting about the interaction. I get that people have bad days but not everyone knows the security protocol at IG. I am considering letting guest communications know about this interaction, but it would have to be a separate email because I am going to email them anyway because our stay was just so awesome (I don't think they hear good things enough! LOL)

Meals-OMG so much food!!! We won't ever get a dining plan because of the amount of food and serving sizes at the WDW restaurants (yes, even the QS) we had more than enough with the CL offerings. We ate at WCC, Tusker House (one of last breakfast reservations-post 10K), Via Napoli, Ohana dinner post Marathon, Satu'li Canteen, The Plaza Restaurant and Restaruantosauras. Favorite meal hands down: Satu'li Canteen, service sucked at Via Napoli (and was reflected in our tip), did not like Ohana dinner at all-far far far too excessive amount of food. We had a vegetarian and a pescatarian with us and both of us found meals that we could eat at all restaurants. I also enjoyed the Tusker House breakfast very much.

Transportation-yup it's a problem at BC. We waited over 35 minutes for a MK bus on several occasions at BC (on non-race times/days). Waited for 30+ returning home from MK one night (this was before park close and HEA). Monorail was not great, I kind of am comparing it to a very old car. Disney really needs to do something about the Monorail. Overall we enjoyed the ability to walk to Epcot and HS. Loved our location. We used Minnie Vans once to see DH at AK during the marathon, very convenient way to get around.

runDisney and the races-SO MUCH FUN! Well organized (we didn't encounter the problems of huge lines at the Expo on Thursday that they had on Wednesday) and are looking forward to next year's Marathon Weekend-probably staying at BCCL (just DH and I)

DME-we didn't use luggage transfer in as we arrived after 10pm, got right on a bus. Shared stops with YC, Boardwalk and Caribbean Beach. The 4hr return (which they are no longer doing btw) was not ideal and a waste of our time.

Stormalong Bay-was closed due to cold temps the first 3 days of our vacation and when we could use it on Monday/Tuesday it was great! Not crowded at all (it was a little cold on Monday but DD3 wanted to swim anyway)

January Weather-Super cold spell (very very cold waiting for 10K to start) but we're used to cold being from MA and went with it, I think it made the park crowds lighter in the mornings because it was so cold. We loved the temps (as cold as they were in the beginning) compared to our August vacations (our last 3 trips have been in August) and are looking forward to returning in January again when it's not hotter than the surface of the sun :) .

PS...I want to find that BC Lobby scent somewhere...I was surprised that even DH liked it!

MickeyT, DLo, Ensusieasm and 4 others like this.
  16. OneinThree

OneinThree Mouseketeer

Yet another poster who disliked YC and absolutely loved BC. Makes me feel like I picked the wrong resort this past December. :sad2: It was too cold for SAB when we were there, and my wife is hounding me to go back and swim. We're already booked at WL for our next trip, but based on everything I read in this forum it looks like I'm going to have to book at least a short trip to BC and give this resort area another shot.

Jinx62 and Simba's Girl like this.
  17. NavyAT1

NavyAT1 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they sell Distilled Water in any of the shops at YC or BC? I will be staying at YC starting on the 28th. I need specifically Distilled for medical reasons. I checked Amazon Prime Now and all they have is purified water. Green Grocer has it but would REALLY rather not pay $14 delivery fee for a $1 jug of water... Soooo was hoping they had it possibly at the shops. Thanks in advance! 16 days and counting!

18. 10CJ

10CJ DIS Veteran

Any recent experiences with the salon? How far in advance did you book your appt? Has anyone had success with walk-in appts?

DD had enjoyed getting her hair cut at the Barber shop in MK but I currently do not have that booked/in our schedule. Wondering if I could add a cut at the salon while we are there.

19. dreamer17555

dreamer17555 DIS Veteran

So booked a split stay (first time ever staying at an Epcot area resort). Pool View at the Poly on May 17th-May 22nd and Standard View Club Level at the Yacht Club May 22nd- May 27th. It will be me and my DD 15 and my DS 10 (16 & 11 at time of travel)

Shellyb84 likes this.
  20. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

I don't think so, but someone correct me if I am wrong.

I believe that Turner Drugstore will deliver prescriptions and other items to Disney resorts, no minimum that I am aware of. This info is a few years old, but it may be worth giving them a call

www.turnerdrug.com (407) 828-8125
    $7.50 delivery fee to the Beach or Yacht Club
    Pricing as of August 2013:
    soda (coke, diet coke, pepsi, diet pepsi, mt. dew & sprite) 12 pack, 12 oz cans are $4.99 each.

:magnify:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  21. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

I believe that BC Marketplace and Boardwalk's Screen Door recently sold one gallon bottles of distilled water for $2.99.

Otherwise, Safeway has a free delivery service for $30 minimum orders. You just meet the delivery person in the resort's driveway to receive your order. There are many positive comments about the service.
    https://shop.safeway.com/ecom/account/sign-in

natebenma and NavyAT1 like this.