Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Debating between garden view room at BC and deluxe studio in the BC villas. Thoughts? Views? Differences in location/walking distances to pool/Epcot? First time staying at the BC. Any input appreciated :)

Debating between garden view room at BC and deluxe studio in the BC villas. Thoughts? Views? Differences in location/walking distances to pool/Epcot? First time staying at the BC. Any input appreciated :)

The resort rooms at the Beach Club are nicer than the BCV studios. They have two queen beds while the studio has a queen and a sofa sleeper. I think the studio now has a Murphy bed, while many of the BC rooms have a daybed in addition to the two queens. The studio will have a balcony while only 50% of the BC rooms have a balcony. The BC room will be a little larger than the studio.

If the price was the same then I would stay at the BC because the rooms are nicer and you are closer to everything except the buses. The villas building is a little closer to the bus stop than the BC is. :)

Waiting at MCO for our plane to go to Providence, delayed 4 hours! Wonderful end to a vacation. I'm going back with a sinus infection and no voice! The cast members could not be more helpful with all my issues, especially David at the CL desk! We'll be back in November, of course no Bounce back offer available for that time!

Waiting at MCO for our plane to go to Providence, delayed 4 hours! Wonderful end to a vacation. I'm going back with a sinus infection and no voice! The cast members could not be more helpful with all my issues, especially David at the CL desk! We'll be back in November, of course no Bounce back offer available for that time!

I'm glad that you had no issues from the CL desk , every time we go I put my own card down for my purchases and no one can seem to get it set up right. How do I know this? Having the family CM who works on the front desk helps a lot and she will normally what to go down and have them fix. But either way it's easier to fight random charges while there than try to remember what I bought on which day etc.

I have a weird request. We just returned last week from the YC and my husband is obsessed with the painting outside the Market at Ale & Compass - it's across the room from the table they sometimes have ice water served on. It is titled "Schooner at Sea". He wants to order a reproduction of it. If anyone is there now, could you measure the painting (inside the frame). It's greatly appreciated. If not, does anyone have an actual phone # to a desk in the lobby?

Thanks in advance

I have a weird request. We just returned last week from the YC and my husband is obsessed with the painting outside the Market at Ale & Compass - it's across the room from the table they sometimes have ice water served on. It is titled "Schooner at Sea". He wants to order a reproduction of it. If anyone is there now, could you measure the painting (inside the frame). It's greatly appreciated. If not, does anyone have an actual phone # to a desk in the lobby?

Thanks in advance

I will be there in a week if he could wait that long

Can anybody give a rough estimate on room availability at Beach Club during Food and Wine? How quickly does it book up? We booked a stay at AKL for late September 2018 using a bounce back but now I wish we had done BC for the easy walk to Epcot. I know we can’t switch and keep the bounce back but I’m hesitant to lose the discount and book something full price right now(and hope to use a discount later on).

Can anybody give a rough estimate on room availability at Beach Club during Food and Wine? How quickly does it book up? We booked a stay at AKL for late September 2018 using a bounce back but now I wish we had done BC for the easy walk to Epcot. I know we can’t switch and keep the bounce back but I’m hesitant to lose the discount and book something full price right now(and hope to use a discount later on).
Once you've made a Bounceback reservation, you are allowed to switch resorts and dates, subject to availability of space designated as Bounceback eligible. You can just call the BB number, 407-939-1923, and explain what you'd like to check on. They won't cancel/change your AKL reservation, unless you request it. Have your confirmation number at hand, when you call.

You won't lose the BB rate, if they have BB space available at the BC. I've noticed that sometimes the YC has better BB availability for non Club Level rooms, than the BC.

We check in in 11 days! Cannot wait to walk through that lobby! Quick question I love my morning coffee and last time I was at BC I bought the reusable mug and enjoyed a cup every day. However I am wondering if it would just be more cost effective to buy a cup of coffee every day rather than the mug? I know I could make it in my room, but I know I won't! Which is the cheaper method?

We check in in 11 days! Cannot wait to walk through that lobby! Quick question I love my morning coffee and last time I was at BC I bought the reusable mug and enjoyed a cup every day. However I am wondering if it would just be more cost effective to buy a cup of coffee every day rather than the mug? I know I could make it in my room, but I know I won't! Which is the cheaper method?

A coffee AND math question- my favorite!

How long is your trip?

A length of stay refill mug is $18.99 plus meals tax. A single cup of coffee (less coffee than you get in the mug, I think) is $2.79 plus meals tax.

Not including the tax in the equation, you can get purchase 6 cups of coffee for less than the refill mug. Break even is 7 cups.

YMMV if you miss a day or if you decide to have more than 1 cup of coffee (or other drink) per day.

Other factors-

Refill mug becomes a souvenir and can be used for other purposes back home.

No cup waste.

Last edited:

How long are you staying? A cup of coffee is $2.79 +tax, making it about $3. The refillable mug is $18.99 +tax, making it about $20. You'll exceed break-even with your seventh cup of coffee if you buy the refillable mug, not to mention that you'll have the flexibility to enjoy other drinks throughout the day [and your stay] if you so desire.

ETA: Looks like @natebenma beat me to the punch, or should I say coffee? :snail:At least we're consistent!

How long are you staying? A cup of coffee is $2.79 +tax, making it about $3. The refillable mug is $18.99 +tax, making it about $20. You'll exceed break-even with your seventh cup of coffee if you buy the refillable mug, not to mention that you'll have the flexibility to enjoy other drinks throughout the day [and your stay] if you so desire.

ETA: Looks like @natebenma beat me to the punch, or should I say coffee? :snail:At least we're consistent!

A+

Effective use of rounding!

Great minds think alike.

However I am wondering if it would just be more cost effective to buy a cup of coffee every day rather than the mug? I know I could make it in my room, but I know I won't! Which is the cheaper method?

I'll add to the coffee calculation by letting you know that you can refill the cup three times in one day. :):):)

Can anybody give a rough estimate on room availability at Beach Club during Food and Wine? How quickly does it book up?
All of the Epcot resorts are very popular during October and November and tend to book up quickly. September is less popular and it might be easier to get a reservation during that month.

Thanks for the pictures of the YC holiday train Wood Nymph! I absolutely love that & could spend hours looking at all the little details. Wilderness Lodge always seems to get praise as the best holiday display, but I think the Y & B lobbies are much prettier! Followed closely by the Boardwalk. Guess I like more traditional decor; not really into the nature thing. :goodvibes

Once you've made a Bounceback reservation, you are allowed to switch resorts and dates, subject to availability of space designated as Bounceback eligible. You can just call the BB number, 407-939-1923, and explain what you'd like to check on. They won't cancel/change your AKL reservation, unless you request it. Have your confirmation number at hand, when you call.

You won't lose the BB rate, if they have BB space available at the BC. I've noticed that sometimes the YC has better BB availability for non Club Level rooms, than the BC.

All of the Epcot resorts are very popular during October and November and tend to book up quickly. September is less popular and it might be easier to get a reservation during that month.

Thank you so much for your speedy and very helpful responses! I called this morning and was able to switch our reservation to Yacht Club. We looked at Beach as well, but Yacht was about $500 less so we went with that. No matter - stayed in both in the past and loved both! Haven't been in quite some time so I'm definitely counting down the days. Also counting down to Stormalong Bay; definitely expecting to make use of the pool in September lol.

Edit - I guess I can get added to the Be Our Guest post. Will be there 9/22-9/29 2018!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter