Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

All checked in! Check-in was like lightning, room was ready, lovely room on second floor with two queen beds, daybed and full balcony. It has a lovely garden view and a little peek of water. The room is also frosty and has the full curtain pull instead of the Roman shades...Big bonus for us! I'll attach a few pics.... Perfect home for the next ten nights!

Attachments

• IMG_2097.JPG
    IMG_2097.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 128
Unless you book an accessible room, you can't actually book a King room at any of the Deluxe resorts. Moderates are the only resorts you can actually book a King room. At the Deluxes and Values King rooms are only a request.

Good to know! I booked via hotwire and the bed choices were 2 queens or king (with accessible as an option to check for either, I think), so that was a hotwire miscategorization. I didn't ask at the front desk anyway - just assumed they'd put me into the queen/queen bc I checked in semi-early :tilt: but now I know, and come to think of it, have noticed that on the room&rates pages on Disney's site :magnify:

I understand that the Captain's Grille will be operating in the temporary location till fall, 2017. It is currently not possible to make an online ADR for lunch or dinner at either the Captain's Grille or its new name, Ale & Compass, after the end of September; only breakfast is bookable from Oct-Dec 2017. After that, it shows no availability, at all. The Ale & Compass name is not yet listed for ADRs.

Last edited:
For anyone who has been recently or is at the Beach Club now, have you noticed any noise from the gondola construction near the International Gateway?

I was just there and you could hear construction noises but nothing that annoying and it was only during the day. Our room number was 4596.

Hey y'all. I have been searching and searching, and I am getting my information mixed up.. I apologize if I asked this before... but to confirm.. at the beach club and the yacht club.. the very earliest to fill up my mug is at 7 a.m. and there are no other options?

And for anyone who has used the minnie vans ... how long is wait time from the time you put the request in (or how ever it works) to the time they pick you up? Thanks!

Hey y'all. I have been searching and searching, and I am getting my information mixed up.. I apologize if I asked this before... but to confirm.. at the beach club and the yacht club.. the very earliest to fill up my mug is at 7 a.m. and there are no other options?

And for anyone who has used the minnie vans ... how long is wait time from the time you put the request in (or how ever it works) to the time they pick you up? Thanks!
The recently renovated and renamed "The Market at Ale and Compass" at the Yacht Club is open at 6:00 AM.
Can't speak for the minnie vans!

2x Minnie van was already out front when I requested it and once it was there within 4 minutes

I recently did on-line check-in for a different resort. It did not ask about any type of request (high floor,etc.). It said that requests were already on file, which is odd because I didn't make any.

I wonder if they are trying to fix the glitch where your request options included things that did not relate to your resort.

I have been told in the past by Disney staff that they can see your previous room requests.

Mine look like this:
Ground floor, close to transportation.

The staff was laughing at how consistent my requests were from all of my previous stays. The Polynesian may or may not have a request for Matthew McConaughey to be waiting in my room. I'm neither confirming or denying this tawdry rumor.

~NM

In light of the cancellation of the park to park, back stage bus I am thinking of a new way to move more easily between AND IN the parks. Hear me out and let me know if you are interested.

I was thinking of utilizing a "Service Donkey", attached to a cart. We all know that Disney can't prevent an animal from coming into the parks if someone claims it's a service animal. We've all seen those pug dogs in strollers dressed in their fancy clothes. They always look like they want to roll out of the carriage and make a run for it over to Casey's for a tube steak. Donkeys pulling carts (in which we are seated) back and forth to parks and resorts sounds like a service to me!

We could call this new service "Duber" which is short for Donkey Uber! (See what I Did there? No?? Are you blind!.. ) We could paint the carts and have them look like this:

a7a3d648edc4b174f971e07852b6caf8.jpg

We could even put cup holders for the refillable mugs and some fancy cut outs to hold wine glasses. Just think of the advantages of using Duber in the parks during Food and Whine. No more eating on trash cans! We could have those flip down trays like they have on the airplanes! Hopefully we could just drive the donkey right up to the ordering windows at the food booths. And what about some hooks to hold all those shopping bags we find ourselves dragging around the park? We could just toss our Mickey hand pot holders and Disney t-shirts that we buy but don't need in the cart...

Another great idea is having the donkey wear the pin trading lanyard. He would look so cute and the extra length needed for a donkey neck would mean we could fit more pins on it! (that's what you call a win, win...)

The down side (and there is a down side) is that we would need that pooper scooper guy that follows the mini ponies from Cinderella's carriage to clean up after us. (The donkey, not the drunk women riding in the cart). I'm thinking that donkeys won't wear diapers but other people are telling me it 'depends'. (See what I did there...)

caspian3.jpg

Now that they are removing the carpets from the rooms it would be easy to sneak a donkey in there, so storing them until needed would be very easy. We would just have to watch out for housekeeping but now that they hardly ever come around it should be easy to keep the donkey in your room. Just to be safe we should probably get the donkey a cute outfit to wear. That seems to be a requirement with service animals. They look very cute in hats... see for yourself!

country-farm-country-living.jpg

This idea sounds like a winner to me so I should probably get to work on a phone app for Donkey Uber. If at the end of October you see a bunch of women hauling asp around Disney world you'll know that Duber has finally been launched.

~NM

PS. I know that Dee has access to an actual donkey so that part of the plan is covered. Note to Dee: Buy Roger the donkey a ticket on Southwest and bring him on our trip so we can test this out...

Last edited:
I'm in but I won't be at YC until late November. Can you please find a place to store Duber until then?

ETA: Can't see the pictures.

I'm in but I won't be at YC until late November. Can you please find a place to store Duber until then?

ETA: Can't see the pictures.

I fixed the pix,
AND
We could have a sign up thread for the Donkey and cart on the Dis Boards like they had for the refrigerators at the Value resorts. How much do you think we would have to tip Bell Services when they would bring the Donkey around? I'm thinking 5 bucks a hoof...

~NM

I was just there and you could hear construction noises but nothing that annoying and it was only during the day. Our room number was 4596.

Hi

Just was noticing your room number. We were in that room for 9 nights at the end of July. It was a nice location and very quiet!

Page 989-990

Which resort?

I'm not aware of anything at Beach Club.

There may be lobby work at the Yacht Club as they are working on the former Captain's Grille/Ale & Compass.

I'll add you to the list.

:)

:welcome:

I assume those are the hours.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Will do!

:woohoo:

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info- I'll add that to the "How do I contact Disney with suggestions/compliments/etc.

:thumbsup2

Thank You for your warm welcome !

My fam and I will be going to BCV in Sept for Food & Wine. My bff and her fam is at BCV this week for a few days, than at BLT. She wanted to know the pool hrs for Aug for her plans.

I just switched to the Yacht Club from Boardwalk for my upcoming trip in October!! I'm so excited, it's one of 4 Disney hotels I've never stayed at, but I have stayed at the Beach Club. I'm really excited to look at all the photos of the refurbished rooms. How is the walk to Epcot from YC? Is it comparable to the walk from the Boardwalk? What about Hollywood Studios? I'm sure someone has asked this, but I'm just so excited and can't wait to talk to the YC experts!

Also, does anyone have any photos specifically of the new curtains? I KNOW I've seen them somewhere and I can't seem to find any right now

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter