Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm sure it's been answered before but I can't seem to find it, do the mini fridges in the updated YC rooms have any type of freezer?
No freezer, unfortunately.
img_1385-2-jpg.242606

I stayed in CL room at AKL for a week in December 2016. I got turn down service 1 day. I requested it at check in and with concierge hostess at desk. I did not get it the first night and i did the second night. one time is 6 nights.

I hope that they don't take this perk away. I know it is only turn down, and it is not a 5 star hotel- but it is $600+/night so turn down is appreciated.

I recently did on-line check-in for a different resort. It did not ask about any type of request (high floor,etc.). It said that requests were already on file, which is odd because I didn't make any.

I wonder if they are trying to fix the glitch where your request options included things that did not relate to your resort.

We finally got it sorted, we were in the same boat as you... not made requests but had asked for them to note on our reservation our up coming 25th wedding anniversary that's about all. It took DH about half an hour to figure a way around it. Gosh I love my man he's so practical and funny too. We will be happy with a room with a full balcony and a high floor. Not too worried about being close to the lobby or transport. We walk a fair bit at home DH walks about 12 miles a night doing his job just running a set of mail sorting machines. He's constantly on the go so he's used to mayhem and being surrounded by fools. I can easily cover 8-10 miles per shift too.
Now comes the worst bit the waiting for the next few weeks to go by.

First off I just want to thank you all for all the information on this forum. I really have enjoyed reading and have found it very informative.
We are 10 days away from our first stay at BC.... I'm so excited.
Question: There are 5 adults in our room. We definitely need a room with a day bed. Do I need to call ahead and request this, or will they notice that there are 5 people on the reservation and just give us that type of room?

First off I just want to thank you all for all the information on this forum. I really have enjoyed reading and have found it very informative.
Question: There are 5 adults in our room. We definitely need a room with a day bed. Do I need to call ahead and request this, or will they notice that there are 5 people on the reservation and just give us that type of room?

People with 5 in a room will either get a day bed or they will provide a roll away. I would bet you will get a room with a day bed though - parties of 5 take precedence over day bed rooms! :thumbsup2

They should, but it doesn't mean they will. Last time I stayed at the YC with a party of 5 they gave me a room without a daybed. I had to go down to the front desk and request a rollaway.

Received my email back from DSS today about turn down at CL:

I have shared your concern about the turn down service with the resort and made a note on your reservation.

We'll see what happens in a few weeks!

I will be there in Oct..is there much construction happening now which could affect our stay?
The only construction that I know of would be the remodeling of the Ale and Compass Lounge and the Captain's Grille. They are expected to reopen in December.
We will be at the BC in Dec- will they have the bounceback offers out for Nov 2018 at that time?

Can someone tell me what the current offer is for this year?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
Disney usually releases a room only bounce back offer in late October for the next year. So you should be able to book a bounce back for select dates in 2018. October and November of 2017 were excluded from the 2017 bounceback.

Here is the bounceback offer for 2017:

2017 room only bounce back offer

Jan 1-4. 8-12, 16-19, 22-26, 29-Feb 2, Feb 5-8. Feb 12-16. 20-23. 26-March 2, March 5-9, March 12-16, 19-23. 26-30. April 2-6 April 21-May 25, May 29-June 30. July 5 -Aug 31, Sept 4-30, Dec 8-23 30% Deluxe, no villas on mono, no 3bdr. Poly studio OK. 25% Moderate including POFQ! No campsites. 20% Value not LM, Deals on specific dates only.

BC newbie here. We'll be staying for 3 nights in Aug 2018 for the first time. We are going to ask for connecting rooms, other than that, is there a certain building or area that I should request? Thank you for the help :)
We always request a full balcony no matter what category of room we book. :)

Just returned from 9 days at the BC. We received a very unexpected upgrade to the most wonderful 2 bedroom suite on the ground floor.
We were not CL and had only reserved a standard view room. We had turn down service every night. Without exception.
That was a great upgrade. :)

Hey friends- I have a split stay coming up in November, first time staying at YC AND BWI. We have stayed BC many times and I'm excited to try out YC but I'd like to be closer to the BC side to be a closer walk to Epcot. What would be my request for room location? Close to lobby?? I don't care much about view or balcony, I'm just happy looking out at anything Disney!! Any info would really be great, Thanks!

Disney sends an email when there is construction that begins after you have already booked your stay - I've received 3 of them so far this year :(

Why can't they be aboveboard and send out an email to those of us that booked BC/YC CL that they have eliminated a perk that was used to market club level? If provider removes turndown service, they are changing the terms of service under which I booked. If you change the TOS, you should inform the 'users'. Where's my email Disney? I would hate to be a CL CM in these sister resorts right now - they're the ones that are going to be taking the heat.
The club level cast members are now rotated throughout the resort on a daily basis! I don't remember this being the case in the past. I wonder if it's to give them a break from all the discontentment from Disney's cost-saving cutbacks!

Hey friends- I have a split stay coming up in November, first time staying at YC AND BWI. We have stayed BC many times and I'm excited to try out YC but I'd like to be closer to the BC side to be a closer walk to Epcot. What would be my request for room location? Close to lobby?? I don't care much about view or balcony, I'm just happy looking out at anything Disney!! Any info would really be great, Thanks!
Close to elevators/ lobby would work :)

People with 5 in a room will either get a day bed or they will provide a roll away. I would bet you will get a room with a day bed though - parties of 5 take precedence over day bed rooms! :thumbsup2
Yes I knew that they would provide a roll away if a daybed wasn't available. I just didn't want my son having to sleep on that for 9 days.

They should, but it doesn't mean they will. Last time I stayed at the YC with a party of 5 they gave me a room without a daybed. I had to go down to the front desk and request a rollaway.
ok well that answers that for me. I'm going to call and put in a request just in case. No one would want to sleep on a roll away for 9 days. For one night sure... but not that length of time.

ok well that answers that for me. I'm going to call and put in a request just in case. No one would want to sleep on a roll away for 9 days. For one night sure... but not that length of time.

Here now! I'm in a queen/queen room (I booked a King tho o_O) and there is a daybed. Sleeps one, of course, but here it is:

GG4EldW.jpg

GG4EldW.jpg

26" luggage for reference :laughing: I don't know if every queen/queen has this, but there.

ETA: mea culpa, I missed your original message where you specified Beach Club. I'll just leave this up for anyone staying at YC :o

-----

just wanted to say, wow these refurbished rooms are great! I've never been in the old rooms for comparison though :tilt: Love the hard floors and the curtains, and the waterfall showerhead! The beds are super comfortable! I can't hear anyone walking above me, though I can hear faint noises like dropping things on the floor or forceful(?) cabinets/doors closing. No big deal. I hear more noise from the hallway, and even so, I slept from 7:30 PM to 8:45 this morning :teeth: redeye and sleep deprivation this week may have had a hand in that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter