Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I

If you do take the cab/Uber, have them drop you off at the CR, then take the walk path to MK. It will take about 5-10 minutes and it is not much further than walking from the bus.
A word of caution: you occasionally have an overzealous guard at the gate leading into the Contemporary who'll ask your driver if you're checking in or have a dining reservation. It's also possible to have a driver who is unhappy with you because you said Contemporary but were really going to MK. ... or so I've heard. :duck:

How has the temperature of the rooms been at the YC at night? A while back people were saying the a/c went off and the rooms got warm during the night. That would not be good for this menopausal woman.:sad2::furious::sad2: or her grumpy husband.
When we were there at the beginning of the month, we had no problems with it at all. The motion detector is sensitive enough to react if you roll over at night, and I found the temp didn't rise noticeably (we left the thermostat at 68). My kiddo actually had me put the blanket on his bed. YMMV.

I have also bought wine in Disney Springs (the old Marketplace store when it was Downtown Disney). Even though I had packed my wine from home in my luggage, my bags didn't arrive until something like 10 PM, so I made an emergency run to Dowtown...voila, problem solved.

A word of caution: you occasionally have an overzealous guard at the gate leading into the Contemporary who'll ask your driver if you're checking in or have a dining reservation. It's also possible to have a driver who is unhappy with you because you said Contemporary but were really going to MK. ... or so I've heard. :duck:

Well, that wouldn't be nice! We actually asked the driver to drop us off at the far exit. We told the guard what we were doing and he was ok with it. A CL CM actually suggested this to us.

I don't know the price at BC/YC but perhaps you could try one of the World Showcase Pavilions. Perhaps Italy or France.

This is actually a brilliant idea, and one we might very well try this summer!

A nice cup of coffee on the balcony in the morning is nice, as well as watching Illuminations through the trees at night or the Star wars fireworks across the big, flat roof. :)

We've actually taken to enjoying Star Wars fireworks directly from SAB. It's nice to lean up against one of the walls in the pool and view!

Recently, a CM at the temporary location of the Captain's Grille told me that the Ale & Compass Lounge will be integrated into the refurbed Captain's Grille. The Captain's Grille is being pomoted to move back to its normal location "fall 2017." I noticed one of the regular bartenders from the Ale & Compass Lounge working at Martha's Vineyard Lounge, which is adjacent to the temporary location of the Captain's Grille. At this point, since the food and beverage portion is open at the Ale and Compass Market, and only the merchandise section is yet to be completed, I would tend to downplay the possibility of A&C Lounge moving to the Market.

Thank you for the information!

This warning goes back as far as 2007 when we were staying (gasp!) off property. I was picking up some friends who'd had a late dinner at California Grill, and when I pulled up just after midnight, and told the gatekeeper I was there to pick up friends finishing dinner, he said "Try again....all restaurants are closed." Well, I had to beg and plead, and he called over to the CG (apparently I don't have a trustworthy face) and I was told "You have 3 minutes to pass through this gate in the opposite direction, and I have your licence plate already noted." Sheesh.

Which resorts share buses and in what order?

YC and BC share buses. First pickup and dropoff is at YC, then on to BC.

Ok. After seeing pics of rooms at the YC with box fans I'm very worried about the temp. My bunch like a fan of course. They will not enjoy a warm room at night. I've now made a second ressie at the BC because one came open. I need to cancel the second one tomorrow. Advice from recent YC guests on the room and temp. Also did you miss the carpet? It's $400 cheaper to stay at YC then BC. It it's worth it to be comfortable.

Ok. After seeing pics of rooms at the YC with box fans I'm very worried about the temp. My bunch like a fan of course. They will not enjoy a warm room at night. I've now made a second ressie at the BC because one came open. I need to cancel the second one tomorrow. Advice from recent YC guests on the room and temp. Also did you miss the carpet? It's $400 cheaper to stay at YC then BC. It it's worth it to be comfortable.

We are staying at the YC for the first time in August and we have the same concerns. We like it cool at night. The last thing I want to do is wake up in a warm room. I don't believe the BC have ceiling fans either. I think most of the Disney hotels are getting rid of them. (Why, I don't know).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter