Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We just made some purchases for immediate use tonight and tomorrow. The housekeeping manager was very informative and helped us work out what needed processing and what didn’t. He even talked to front desk manager when our entire reservation got lost. Thankfully we eventually moved into our new location. Still it’s been stressful despite them trying to keep things as stress less as they could.

Today I received a call from Disney World customer relations in response to my email. I told her I would be staying at Beach Club and asked if the dogs staying at the Yacht Club would be on walkways and public areas at Beach Club or Boardwalk. She said dogs would not be allowed in public areas anywhere other than the Yacht Club. I asked how this would be enforced and she said cast members would be enforcing it. I also asked her why the pet relief area was right next to the quiet pool hot tub at Yacht Club and she said some of the initial maps were being altered, and the location may not be there anymore. Of course I took this with a grain of salt. So we shall see.

From the map that was posted earlier it looks like the rooms near the quiet pool and on the ground floor are most likely to be the dog friendly rooms. You can request to be in a canine-free room by calling and having it added to your reservation.
Yes just call and make a request
When the room request option is working under online check-in, it would be nice to be able to select a "room away from the dog-friendly rooms." Presumably, you would not need to request a dog-friendly room, if traveling with a dog, as that should be an integral part of the room reservation.

FYI, on another thread, a poster, soon to be staying at POR I believe, called and asked and like all other requests, was told that there's no way to guarantee that you wont' be in a "dog" room or near one.

Well today turned out to be a bust.... Received an email this morning telling us they did a routine inspection of our room and found freakin’ bedbugs :furious::furious::furious: 724 of the little blighters!!! We’ve had the joy of coming back to the hotel early and going to front fest to arrange meeting the housekeeping manager to find out what needs doing. So after packing up all our clothing but the stuff we are wearing to be taken away for processing and removing everything else, then relocating to another part of the resort our MBs wouldn’t work. Got that sorted at last and now have to find things to wear in the shops and claim it back from them. Oh joy:rolleyes1

I just got back from YC. What room, if you don't mind my asking?

We just made some purchases for immediate use tonight and tomorrow. The housekeeping manager was very informative and helped us work out what needed processing and what didn’t. He even talked to front desk manager when our entire reservation got lost. Thankfully we eventually moved into our new location. Still it’s been stressful despite them trying to keep things as stress less as they could.

I am so sorry that you have to deal with all of this during your vacation.

:sad1:

I just got back from YC. What room, if you don't mind my asking?
We are in Beach Club our precious room was 3516. It needs a deep clean and decontamination which hopefully they got straight on with once we removed all our stuff. We had only been there since Sunday afternoon and lots of stuff hadn’t even been worn. That said we were left in the clothes on our backs for a while, now we have pjs and the guys have underpants for tomorrow. I need to hand wash some of my items to reuse tomorrow since there were no shorts or bras/bikini tops in my size available. We found new t-shirts just for tomorrow and we hope whilst we are out up International Dive again tomorrow all our other clothing will be returned by the time we get back again. No way are we losing another day in the parks over it. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps all those blasted bugs yuck. At least it’s being rectified and our replacement room location isn’t bad ... closer to the lifts and Marketplace too. It’s still in the category we booked and has a big balcony. We are just waiting for the hotel to refund the purchases to our account and re-imburse is for a day of our stay on top of that.
Now I need a :grouphug::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1then some chocolate to calm down. Everything seems better after chocolate:goodvibes

We are in Beach Club our precious room was 3516. It needs a deep clean and decontamination which hopefully they got straight on with once we removed all our stuff. We had only been there since Sunday afternoon and lots of stuff hadn’t even been worn.

I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with this on a holiday you have been looking forward to, for quite awhile.

It sounded strange that they told you they did a "routine" inspection and found 700+ of the bed bugs. It does make you wonder how many other rooms may have also had them.

In my mind, Disney should be doing more for you than just refunding
one night of your stay and reimbursing the replacement clothing cost. If you only shopped for clothing at the BC Marketplace, you may also want to pop over to the YC's Market at Ale and Compass; their selection is a bit different.

I hope the rest of your visit makes up for an unfortunate beginning.

FYI, on another thread, a poster, soon to be staying at POR I believe, called and asked and like all other requests, was told that there's no way to guarantee that you wont' be in a "dog" room or near one.

LOL kinda figured there would be different responses! We are staying club level and I was also told that dogs are not allowed on the floor. I’m sure that will change tomorrow too.

We are in Beach Club our precious room was 3516. It needs a deep clean and decontamination which hopefully they got straight on with once we removed all our stuff. We had only been there since Sunday afternoon and lots of stuff hadn’t even been worn. That said we were left in the clothes on our backs for a while, now we have pjs and the guys have underpants for tomorrow. I need to hand wash some of my items to reuse tomorrow since there were no shorts or bras/bikini tops in my size available. We found new t-shirts just for tomorrow and we hope whilst we are out up International Dive again tomorrow all our other clothing will be returned by the time we get back again. No way are we losing another day in the parks over it. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps all those blasted bugs yuck. At least it’s being rectified and our replacement room location isn’t bad ... closer to the lifts and Marketplace too. It’s still in the category we booked and has a big balcony. We are just waiting for the hotel to refund the purchases to our account and re-imburse is for a day of our stay on top of that.
Now I need a :grouphug::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1then some chocolate to calm down. Everything seems better after chocolate:goodvibes
You did not see over 700 bugs?

You did not see over 700 bugs?
No we didn’t see any bugs, the room looked very clean. We were told by the manager they do routine checks, with trained dogs, on the rooms. That’s how they found out and then they sent me an email which we didn’t receive until a while later due to intermittent service. Usually back home I never have any trouble receiving or sending emails so this one was a shock to the system for sure. When you have dark bed bases and dark floor areas I guess they are harder to see with the naked eye. I don’t take a dark light on holiday or anywhere else so wouldn’t have seen them with one. Uou’d Think the maids would be on alert to look out for things like that and report it. We hadn’t even been bitten so didn’t have an I cling they were there. They told us they never know how the hotel ends up with them but it must be something they are taking seriously since they now have an on-site treatment processing plant to deal with it. We hope to get our things back at some point tomorrow, so glad we didn’t book any fancy dinners though for today or tomorrow. At least they have refunded the cost of the replacement items now and the staff could not have been any more caring and professional about helping us through it all.

I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with this on a holiday you have been looking forward to, for quite awhile.

It sounded strange that they told you they did a "routine" inspection and found 700+ of the bed bugs. It does make you wonder how many other rooms may have also had them.

In my mind, Disney should be doing more for you than just refunding
one night of your stay and reimbursing the replacement clothing cost. If you only shopped for clothing at the BC Marketplace, you may also want to pop over to the YC's Market at Ale and Compass; their selection is a bit different.

I hope the rest of your visit makes up for an unfortunate beginning.
I thought the same thing - it seems kind of odd that they were in an occupied room doing a "routine inspection". Leads me to believe there had to be other rooms nearby that were also infested that they were aware of.

How awful! I am glad they are sorting everything but can’t imagine how stressful it has been! I am going to google to see what they look like now and check our beds tomorrow!

Well today turned out to be a bust.... Received an email this morning telling us they did a routine inspection of our room and found freakin’ bedbugs :furious::furious::furious: 724 of the little blighters!!! We’ve had the joy of coming back to the hotel early and going to front fest to arrange meeting the housekeeping manager to find out what needs doing. So after packing up all our clothing but the stuff we are wearing to be taken away for processing and removing everything else, then relocating to another part of the resort our MBs wouldn’t work. Got that sorted at last and now have to find things to wear in the shops and claim it back from them. Oh joy:rolleyes1

OH MY GOSH! I'm so sorry you're going through this, though I'm very glad they caught it before you got bit or brought them home with you! I hope tomorrow is better.

on another note, I *just* switched to BC from POR because of the dog issue....now I have to worry about the bed bugs???? GAH!

I am so sorry about the bed bugs, I must say your attitude is superior. Ironically the method of detection is a dog, in fact we saw the Bed Bug Beagle at another location while on our most recent trip. I do wonder why they thought telling you how many was reassuring. That is the last thing I would want to know. If one drives to WDW it is almost enough to make you want to leave an extra change of clothes in the car, just in case.

Are you the same person who posted on the -Walt Disney World Insiders page on face book ? If not there is someone else having the same experience

Really hope you get sorted soon - bedbugs are evil little blighters! we arrive on Sunday so I’m tempted to put 1 outfit each and some spare underware and vacpack it in case of emergency

Anyone read DisneyTouristBlog's article on the refurbishment at Yacht Club?: "Note: If you’re wondering why the sheets aren’t discolored, the furniture is not trashed, and there’s not feces spread over every inch of the walls, it’s because we were here before Yacht Club became a post-apocalyptic canine wasteland. Now that Yacht Club is dog-friendly, we can only assume it looks like a worse version of Parkside Hotel & Suites now. Walt is rolling in his grave."

End of an era. :(

Are you the same person who posted on the -Walt Disney World Insiders page on face book ? If not there is someone else having the same experience

Really hope you get sorted soon - bedbugs are evil little blighters! we arrive on Sunday so I’m tempted to put 1 outfit each and some spare underware and vacpack it in case of emergency

Oh no was this at beach club too? Between hearing about crowds bed bugs and dogs I’m scared to check in Friday

On a lighter note......Since bed bugs are so small, I guess they can't charge the same full rate as for the dogs. So at $0.75 per night, that would be over $525 per night someone is going to be hit up with on their bill for bringing those little buggers in with them! Wifey, I have to say you are handling this like a true Disneyholic. I hope you have a Magical stay for the remainder of the trip and you can one day look back on this whole experience and smile.
Katesdad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!