Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just be prepared for a potential Boma coma (so much food, so little stomach).

Truth!

I love it!

My husband and I celebrated our 30th anniversary with a dinner at Boma. It was INCREDIBLE! And then after we stuffed ourselves to a point of discomfort, they brought us each an extra dessert and glasses of champagne. UGH

Our next destination of the night was the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise which starts with a huge buffet of treats and desserts. We couldn't even touch anything but water!

:rotfl:

Has anyone tried the A&C buffet yet? Just curious about it. :)

:welcome: to the forum!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort booked or are you staying elsewhere?

The buffet just started a couple of weeks ago. I haven't personally tried it, but a friend of mine was at the resort last week and dined there every morning. He said the buffet was excellent- he raved especially about the fruit.

I have a couple of pictures I can repost for you. You may have seen the menu listing I posted yesterday- if not, I think it is just a page or two back.

This is the entrée that he ordered with the buffet- The American Breakfast, I believe. The potatoes are a combination of white and sweet potatoes that he said were excellent.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the A&C buffet yet? Just curious about it. :)
Yes, and I thought it was good. It's a smaller version of the breakfast buffet from Captain's Grille.

There is a selection of cut-up fresh fruit, as well as a bowl of apples, oranges, and bananas. Bakery, cold meats, smoked salmon, cubed cheeses,yogurt, oatmeal, and grits are also provided. I enjoyed the smoked trout spread that was offered.

The diced/sauteed potatoes that accompany the entree are as Dee described. There is also a bit of onion mixed in. I believe the server mentioned that turkey bacon was available with the entrees, for those watching their diets.

A standard beverage is included, as well as juice. Most opted for the large glass of orange juice.

The breakfast buffet seems popular, and a reservation is suggested. Walk-ups are accepted, based on availability, with a wait of about 30 minutes for a table. The last reservation slot is at 10:50 AM, as the buffet "closes" at 11:00, though the buffet line is open past that time, for a short while.

Due to the good response received when the buffet was offered on holidays, it was decided to offer it on a daily basis. The buffet is good for those who want a full breakfast, as well as those crunched for time. With a reservation, you can be in/out very quickly, without sacrificing a good meal.

Last edited:
Yes this is very confusing to most guests and even Cast members. A Water View will be views of Crescent Lake or the Quiet Pool. A Lagoon View will be views of one of the Stormalong Bay Lagoons aka the SAB feature pool area.

Normally a Lagoon view is only available to CL Guests due to layout of the 5th floors. In your case it really sounds like you are booked into a "Water View" room category on floors 1-4.

Dave

I'm a little confused by this, as Lagoon View doesn't seem to be a bookable CL category (whereas Water View is). Did you mean it the other way around?

I tried searching for this question and couldn't find anything so apologies if asked and answered!

What's everyone's favorite place to sit at the pool...and why? I'm assuming it might vary based on what kind of group you are with. We'll have adults and tweens on our next trip.

Or is this highly guarded information, i.e., you'd tell me but then you'd have to kill me?

I tried searching for this question and couldn't find anything so apologies if asked and answered!

What's everyone's favorite place to sit at the pool...and why? I'm assuming it might vary based on what kind of group you are with. We'll have adults and tweens on our next trip.

Or is this highly guarded information, i.e., you'd tell me but then you'd have to kill me?

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

I have a few "answers" to this question:

A practical answer may be "Wherever you can find seats"

Like you indicate, part of what makes a favorite place is what interests your group. If you like to be in the middle of the action, the activities/volleyball pool is the place for you. If you have little ones, you might want to plant yourself near the shallow sandbar area. Quiet? Somewhere down the lazy river. Shade? Sun?

One of my secret spots, especially if you have trouble finding loungers around the pool, is up above Hurricane Hanna's, in the gazebo-type structure.

Anyone else want to share any (non-lethal) special spots?

:fish:

The buffet just started a couple of weeks ago. I haven't personally tried it, but a friend of mine was at the resort last week and dined there every morning. He said the buffet was excellent- he raved especially about the fruit.

I really wanted to try the new buffet on my last YC stay. I ended up walking over to DHS really early for EMH and TSL. I opted for Woody's Lunchbox which did not live up to my expectations. I would have much rather had blueberry-bacon pancakes!

If it is just the two of us then we head for the shade near the Yacht Club side of the pool. There are a couple shady areas there and we usually don't have any trouble getting lounge chairs. It is quiet there, too, since the pool party noise is at the BC end of the pool.

When we were at the BC last month with our grandson we ended up sitting near the BC entry, the one just outside of Martha's Vineyard, because our grandsons loved the pool games, especially volleyball. But it isn't our favorite place, but it was easy to watch the kids from there.

When is your trip?

August. We'll be spending more break days at the hotel this time. Last time we were at Beach Club we always got to the pool in the afternoon and just took whatever seat was open! So I was wondering where people who plan to actually spend the whole day at the pool like to camp out if they get there when the pool opens.

August. We'll be spending more break days at the hotel this time. Last time we were at Beach Club we always got to the pool in the afternoon and just took whatever seat was open! So I was wondering where people who plan to actually spend the whole day at the pool like to camp out if they get there when the pool opens.
We watched people entering Storm Along Bay right when they opened at 9 am one day. Most of them reserved a table in the shade right by the BC entrance and laid some towels over the chairs they wanted. Some of them headed off to other tables in the shade. But just about all of the people saving tables had at least one person sitting at the table to reserve it. We had a pool day on one trip and got there around 10:45 am. I think we got the last table in the shade.

We watched people entering Storm Along Bay right when they opened at 9 am one day. Most of them reserved a table in the shade right by the BC entrance and laid some towels over the chairs they wanted. Some of them headed off to other tables in the shade. But just about all of the people saving tables had at least one person sitting at the table to reserve it. We had a pool day on one trip and got there around 10:45 am. I think we got the last table in the shade.

That's helpful, thanks! We wouldn't be one of those group putting down a towel and coming back later, either. We'd be going straight to the pool for the day.

I think you will be fine. Since TSL opened last month, HS now has park open scheduled for 8 AM vs 9 AM. In addition EMH are now every morning at HS beginning at 7 AM - 8 AM. You might want to rethink your breakfast since it will not be a PPO any longer but just Breakfast after the first wave has arrived at HS and the park is actually open to non-resort guests.

Dave

Thanks so much. We are going end of August and as of now our HS day has a 9 am opening. So unless they change the HS hours I'm thinking we may have to walk.

Anyone else want to share any (non-lethal) special spots? (AT THE pOOL)

:fish:

buckets.jpg

I'm fond of the bucket area... You can just sit on your keister so there is never a shortage of seats and there are plenty of things to play with to keep a 55 year old woman occupied for hours.

So leave those summer romance novels at home and grab and intellectually engaging green plastic bucket.

~NM

This is helpful. We have an upcoming pool day. Where are the tables in the shade or is it apparent when you enter the pool area? And we would be there most of the day as well. Thanks for any replies.

Does anyone know if they're still doing Trivia Evenings at Martha's Vineyard and, if so, on what day(s) of the week please?

I just booked a VERY short stay, just Dh and I at YC in early December! I've always wanted to visit Disney at Christmas time--I've been in early November when the Christmas decorations are just starting, and at the beginning of January when they are starting to come down, but I'e never been in the middle of the season when it's been in full effect.
We will be doing a MVMCP but other than that, no parks. We plan to spend our time visiting different resorts and seeing all the pretty decorations, and going to Jellyrolls one night!

This is helpful. We have an upcoming pool day. Where are the tables in the shade or is it apparent when you enter the pool area? And we would be there most of the day as well. Thanks for any replies.
The tables that are to your left as you enter the BC entrance are in the shade. There is an area near the YC entrance that has tables under the trees that is shady. There is a row of tables near the kids pool that is not under trees, so they are less shady. But since they all have umbrellas you will be able to get some shade at those tables, too. :)

Do you happen to kno ho much the kids buffet is?

I love the Boma breakfast! I haven't dined at the new Ale & Compass in the morning. They just reinstated the buffet there last week, and as part of the buffet, you can add one of the featured entrees. My friend who was staying at the resort ate there every morning before going to the pool.

Here are the current menus- also posted on Page 1, Post 7.

:thumbsup2

Hi Dee

Just booked the YC for the second half of our Thanksgiving stay following our stay at Universal ‘s HRH from 11/18-11/22.
Our YC dates are 11/ 22- 11/25.
We stayed at the BC last year and loved it so much.
We’re checking in Thanksgiving Day and just booked our dinner at Yachtsman :cool1:

View attachment 336805

I'm fond of the bucket area... You can just sit on your keister so there is never a shortage of seats and there are plenty of things to play with to keep a 55 year old woman occupied for hours.

So leave those summer romance novels at home and grab and intellectually engaging green plastic bucket.

~NM

Ha! I return to this thread, click on the last page, and this is the first post I see! Love it!!! Happy to join you!

P.S. YC booked for Marathon Weekend in January. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter