Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fireworks cruise you did from WL was that someone you can book online or is it available for booking at the resort? Do you remember how much it cost? Or was it just the regular boat that just happened to be at the right time for fireworks?

thanks!
I’m sorry I missed this earlier. We booked a fireworks cruise where you get to go out on a pontoon boat with a captain. You can take up to 8 people and they provide drinks and snacks. We left from the boat rental dock by Geyser Point. You can book them up to 6 months in advance, but there are often spaces available with shorter notice. With our 10% DVC discount it was $286. You get to go for about a two hour boat ride around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon and can see the castle during the fireworks. We just called and booked another one for February.

Last edited:
My 18 month old son slept in the walk-in closet when we stayed in a dedicated two-bedroom in CCV. It worked out great for his naps and sleep. We used one of the cribs from WL. Have an awesome trip!
Out of curiosity, was it a full size crib or a pack-n-play that fit in the closet? Last year on our trip to the GFV we put our full size rented crib from Kingdom Strollers in the master closet and I would be so happy to hear we will have that option again when we stay in a dedicated 2 bedroom at CCV this November!

Out of curiosity, was it a full size crib or a pack-n-play that fit in the closet? Last year on our trip to the GFV we put our full size rented crib from Kingdom Strollers in the master closet and I would be so happy to hear we will have that option again when we stay in a dedicated 2 bedroom at CCV this November!
I don’t remember the exact size, but it seemed close to a full size crib. We used one from the resort and it was the type on wheels with white metal slats—I’ve had these from other non-Disney resorts as well. It was definitely larger than a pack and play. I wish I had a photo of our little guy sleeping in the closet, but didn’t get one. Maybe some of the WL and CCV experts have more info! We loved our trip so much we will be back in a two bedroom at CCV November 12-17. Can’t wait!!

8FBBDCCD-0E43-4AA3-989A-6D5ED8179AB4.jpegSorry it’s sideways, first time posting pictures:o. This is a picture of the walk-in closet in room 5541, it does not really do it justice, walk in closet is pretty big.

Are standard rooms at WL and the studios the same size? If not which would be better with a pack-n-play with 2 beds or bed/sofa sleeper?

Are standard rooms at WL and the studios the same size? If not which would be better with a pack-n-play with 2 beds or bed/sofa sleeper?
CCV studios are 338 sq ft and they are the same size as the WL hotel room since they are just converted hotel rooms. BRV studios are 356 sq ft. The sleeper sofa is a double sized bed, so smaller than the real queen bed. But you also have the bunk sized murphy bed in the BRV studio (not in CCV studio).

CCV studios are 338 sq ft and they are the same size as the WL hotel room since they are just converted hotel rooms. BRV studios are 356 sq ft. The sleeper sofa is a double sized bed, so smaller than the real queen bed. But you also have the bunk sized murphy bed in the BRV studio (not in CCV studio).
Thanks! Think we will stick with the studio and have extra room during the day. Although I am still hoping there will be a 2 bedroom open-up before we go next month.

Question about the Copper Creek Cabins. Does anyone know if there are additional towels for use with the hot tub or just the regular ones provided in the restrooms? We were wondering if we should bring our own.

Eleven more days until our first stay at Wilderness Lodge! My daughter still does not know we are staying here which makes it even more fun. :)

Aren't surprises fun? We've surprised our kids with where we're staying before and their jaws literally dropped when they found out! Last trip we all knew except DH. I'm giving him directions to WL and he was all confused since he thought we were going to POR. I kept saying "well that's where the GPS is telling me to go!" When he finally realized it he was VERY happy! I hope your daughter has an amazing reaction!

Arrived today for our first visit and loving this resort 😍 everyones been worderful! We were upgraded to a bunk bed courtyard view and paid the 99 dollars for club level -its so charming! Will try and post pics of lunch offerings -as an aside no lotion in rooms and I called downstairs and was told I had to buy it downstairs 😡 I ran into a lovely housekeeper and asked if she had any and she gave me 4! She said they will start leaving them again as of tomorrow because there have been so many complaints ! Hope that’s true . Does anyone know how to post pics vertically?

C'mon Disney, this is a Deluxe resort... club level. I was surprised in July when there wasn't any, but every other year we had it. $500+ a night (plus parking) and they tell you to go buy your own lotion. Unacceptable by Quality Inn standards.

Arrived today for our first visit and loving this resort 😍 everyones been worderful! We were upgraded to a bunk bed courtyard view and paid the 99 dollars for club level -its so charming! Will try and post pics of lunch offerings -as an aside no lotion in rooms and I called downstairs and was told I had to buy it downstairs 😡 I ran into a lovely housekeeper and asked if she had any and she gave me 4! She said they will start leaving them again as of tomorrow because there have been so many complaints ! Hope that’s true . Does anyone know how to post pics vertically?
Glad you were able to get the lotion and so happy to hear it's making a comeback! A bunch of us have been lamenting its removal from the deluxes- we got it in May at WL but not at the CR in July or GF earlier this month except for one morning :( Another DISer asked for some during her GF stay in August and was also told to purchase it in the gift shop-wrong answer! Hoping there's some in our room at WL when we check in 24 days from now:goodvibes

And then again for our January stay at the Lodge because not only can you never take enough pictures of the lobby, you can never ever stay there too often!

Hi all. Have an upcoming Christmas week trip to the Lodge and wondering if it's possible to walk over to the campgrounds (or is the boat the only way to get there)? Is it true that the campsites are decorated for the holidays? I was under the opinion that would be something fun to do when not in the parks. We have stayed at WL prior but always in the summer, so this is our first holiday/winter stay and we are excited. Thanks.

Hi all. Have an upcoming Christmas week trip to the Lodge and wondering if it's possible to walk over to the campgrounds (or is the boat the only way to get there)? Is it true that the campsites are decorated for the holidays? I was under the opinion that would be something fun to do when not in the parks. We have stayed at WL prior but always in the summer, so this is our first holiday/winter stay and we are excited. Thanks.

The walking path is blocked off during construction of the new resort (Reflections), so the boat would be the most convenient way to get there. (There are also some buses that stop at both places). Yes, many campsites will be decorated for the holidays. Once you get off the boat, you'll likely need to catch an internal bus at the fort, to get to the campsite areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!