Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you GC! I am loving every picture and can never get enough of the lobby. I also love your choices. Some are favorites of mine, like that long hallway to Roaring Fork. The view from the elevator was very cool. I am going to try that in January, since my DH and I will be staying inside the lodge this trip. ( it's been 10 years!)
Are you staying in a regular room or villa? For our 2022 trip with my DD, DSIL, and, by then, almost 3 year-old DGD, I am planning to try for CC or BR. I'm sure my DD and I will be discussing the pros and cons of each!
Have a wonderful visit!
Thanks! I truly enjoy taking pictures of WL way too much. My favorite is to get up early and just explore and take way too many pictures. I have some I seem to take every day, but it is fun to find unique ones.

We are in a 2 bedroom villa on the Copper Creek side on the 5th floor. I really love walking down the hall each morning and seeing that beautiful lobby.

Thanks! I truly enjoy taking pictures of WL way too much. My favorite is to get up early and just explore and take way too many pictures. I have some I seem to take every day, but it is fun to find unique ones.

We are in a 2 bedroom villa on the Copper Creek side on the 5th floor. I really love walking down the hall each morning and seeing that beautiful lobby.

I'm also enjoying your photos. We will be at WL for a week at the end of January; it will be our 2nd time there (we were there in 2006). It's changed so much since then, we are really looking forward to our trip.

I'm also enjoying your photos. We will be at WL for a week at the end of January; it will be our 2nd time there (we were there in 2006). It's changed so much since then, we are really looking forward to our trip.
Congratulations! We honeymooned at WL in 2007 and didn’t return until 2012, and that felt like a long time.
We are so pleased that with all the changes the lodge maintains its charm and appeal for us.
We’re glad you are enjoying the pictures, I am having a ball taking them!

I may have asked you this a while back, but do you have a preference for CC or BR? I think that by the time our family trip happens in 2022, we will just hope we can get one of them. (also a dedicated 2BR) Of course, my DD is lobbying that we go earlier, but I think my granddaughter will have more fun if she is closer to 3, but not 3 so she will still be free! :)

We have never stayed at BRV. We just love staying at WL and always stayed in the main building and then bought into Copper Creek so we can stay there more.
We do have a preference for Copper Creek because we love being right in the main building, as close to the lobby as possible. We also like the fact that the rooms are newer since they were just completely redone in 2017.
BRV has its advantages too though, since you can sleep 5 in a studio and the layout is different. Also if you were buying it the cost per point is less, but that’s not a big of a deal when renting or using points.
The best part is that either way they are all under one roof, which is great for bad weather. I’ll be sure to take some BRV pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
I may have asked you this a while back, but do you have a preference for CC or BR? I think that by the time our family trip happens in 2022, we will just hope we can get one of them.
I know this question was not for me, but just thought I'd add a comment. CCV is fairly new (created in a space that used to be non-DVC rooms), while BRV is rather worn and the rooms need a refurb. If the refurb occurs before your 2022 trip, I'd suggest you look at pictures of the newly refurbed BRV rooms once they are available, compare with pictures of the CCV rooms, and choose whichever decor appeals to you the most.

I know this question was not for me, but just thought I'd add a comment. CCV is fairly new (created in a space that used to be non-DVC rooms), while BRV is rather worn and the rooms need a refurb. If the refurb occurs before your 2022 trip, I'd suggest you look at pictures of the newly refurbed BRV rooms once they are available, compare with pictures of the CCV rooms, and choose whichever decor appeals to you the most.
Thanks! When we stayed at BRV (then VWL)) they had recently been redone and we really liked it. Back then, people who had stayed there for years were upset with the changes, the "more generic" trend that Disney seems to be using in their refurbs. We loved the new floors and there were still little WL-type touches. I heard a rumor that in the coming Lodge refurb (still haven't heard any date) they may get rid of the carved headboards. :(
Anyhow, my DH and I are planning to stay in the lodge in January, refurb or not. And I will do as you suggested, keep up with all the CC and BR news online.
Thanks for replying!

Last edited:
I may have asked you this a while back, but do you have a preference for CC or BR? I think that by the time our family trip happens in 2022, we will just hope we can get one of them. (also a dedicated 2BR) Of course, my DD is lobbying that we go earlier, but I think my granddaughter will have more fun if she is closer to 3, but not 3 so she will still be free! :)
When is your trip in 2022? That may make a difference it getting that dedicated 2B at seven months out.

I heard a rumor that in the coming Lodge refurb (still haven't heard any date) they may get rid of the carved headboards. :(
They are definitely getting rid of the carved headboards when they remodel, and the bunkbeds. We were told that the bunkbed rooms have been a problem because people book them who don't really want them and hope that they can switch to a regular room when they arrive. And then families who want bunkbeds don't book them but request them when they arrive. So it seems like no one is happy. ;) And we had a tour of the king room on the 7th floor and the new look is very generic, without any sign of woodland animals carved into the furniture.

Happy Friday from the Lodge!
We love visiting the villas building. There are many quiet little corners to relax or meet up with friends and family.

The addition of the outdoor eating area for Roaring Forks was a great addition to the resort. I am glad that we were just there, enjoying everything about the resort. :)

They are definitely getting rid of the carved headboards when they remodel, and the bunkbeds. We were told that the bunkbed rooms have been a problem because people book them who don't really want them and hope that they can switch to a regular room when they arrive. And then families who want bunkbeds don't book them but request them when they arrive. So it seems like no one is happy. ;) And we had a tour of the king room on the 7th floor and the new look is very generic, without any sign of woodland animals carved into the furniture.

We love visiting the villas building. There are many quiet little corners to relax or meet up with friends and family.

The addition of the outdoor eating area for Roaring Forks was a great addition to the resort. I am glad that we were just there, enjoying everything about the resort. :)

Its unfortunate. I wish they would do what they are doing at AKL -- raise the existing headboard up so the carving is still there and put a padded portion beneath it. Though it could be there are functional reasons why that won't work at WL. Hopefully it isn't just because they don't want to and are choosing the generic :-(

When is your trip in 2022? That may make a difference it getting that dedicated 2B at seven months out.
Right now, our tentative date is mid-June. My daughter is a teacher and she is using up a lot of her accumulated sick leave hours to extend her maternity leave. But as my husband says, who knows what the situation will be then? For all we know she could be pregnant with their 2nd. I also have my own health issues right now, but I am hoping for a clean scan in November, and ever onward!, after having just completed 33 days of radiation. I know the late spring-early summer is a popular time, but we'll have to see where things are at then. Right now, I am looking forward to my January trip with my DH and staying in the lodge. The last time we went as a couple was 1981!

We have an upcoming stay in two weeks... 9/26 - 10/1 - staying at WL.

I had a question about the fitness center (Sturdy Branches) - Are there showers and changing rooms there?

We will be arriving on a very early flight. I was thinking we would swim/relax at the pool, then get cleaned-up / dressed and head over to some FP's and an ADR that we have around lunch time / early evening - and then head over to HS from Epcot for an 8pm Oga's reservation.... it will be a long day :)

I'm thinking we likely won't be back to WL until late at night - so being able to shower and change at the fitness center before heading out to the parks would be nice.

Are there showers and changing rooms? I was thinking we would swim/relax at the pool, then get cleaned-up / dressed and head over

The villa's quiet pool has a changing area with showers. I used it on my check-out day in August. In the bathroom was an area where you could change and it had a shower behind that. It's an individual room that you can lock. The shower has pumps on the wall w/ shampoo, condition, and soap. Towels are provided pool side and a wicker basket was in there to collect wet towels. It was so nice to hang out by the pool and relax check-out day, shower and be refreshed for the trip home.

Good morning once again from Wilderness Lodge.
B2EBE95A-D416-4BEB-BEE1-2E2F09864871.jpeg
282D9D88-34B2-4B04-8578-FF6C81A82B7F.jpeg
361622F5-7D3E-4044-9ACC-351BFF2E8070.jpeg
6F8293E4-6F06-4C24-A4ED-BE911FB18D13.jpeg
0B413238-3CB0-474A-8B41-4E314C2320A0.jpeg

Unfortunately today is our departure day, but I’m looking forward to going through all the pictures I took and taking some time with them to come up with some good ones to share. We can’t wait to be back “home” here in February.

Attachments

• F9298A89-FD7C-4533-9BAB-34BE6ED4B688.jpeg
    F9298A89-FD7C-4533-9BAB-34BE6ED4B688.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 48789138-B721-4E61-9362-BCDE4FA0536F.jpeg
    48789138-B721-4E61-9362-BCDE4FA0536F.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 94AFE9AE-1BF3-49CA-A0AA-EFE8FF1549D2.jpeg
    94AFE9AE-1BF3-49CA-A0AA-EFE8FF1549D2.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 9
Good morning once again from Wilderness Lodge.
View attachment 435618
View attachment 435615
View attachment 435619
View attachment 435617
View attachment 435611

Unfortunately today is our departure day, but I’m looking forward to going through all the pictures I took and taking some time with them to come up with some good ones to share. We can’t wait to be back “home” here in February.

I hope you had a wonderful trip!! Pictures are gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!

Your trip was over much too quickly. But at least you will be back in February. That will ease the pain a bit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter