Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I’m pretty new here, but I’ve been lurking trying to learn the ropes. We’ve entered the actual planning stages for our first trip to WDW since my kids were born. Going with my parents, my husband and our two kids ages 2 and 5.

We’re reserved for 4 nights in once of the 2 bedroom Copper Creek villas and I have a question - forgive me if I’ve missed an obvious answer to this somewhere!

On the floor plan of the 2 bedroom CCV, I’m seeing a walk in closet in the second bedroom. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of whether it’s possible to fit a pack and play in that closet? I’m trying to plan ahead as much as possible to anticipate where everyone will be sleeping and would love to have a quiet nook for my daughter for naps and her early bedtime.

Any other tips for staying at Copper Creek with little ones as far as room requests?

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to learning more and anticipating the magic with you all.

Hi everyone!

I’m pretty new here, but I’ve been lurking trying to learn the ropes. We’ve entered the actual planning stages for our first trip to WDW since my kids were born. Going with my parents, my husband and our two kids ages 2 and 5.

We’re reserved for 4 nights in once of the 2 bedroom Copper Creek villas and I have a question - forgive me if I’ve missed an obvious answer to this somewhere!

On the floor plan of the 2 bedroom CCV, I’m seeing a walk in closet in the second bedroom. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of whether it’s possible to fit a pack and play in that closet? I’m trying to plan ahead as much as possible to anticipate where everyone will be sleeping and would love to have a quiet nook for my daughter for naps and her early bedtime.

Any other tips for staying at Copper Creek with little ones as far as room requests?

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to learning more and anticipating the magic with you all.
My 18 month old son slept in the walk-in closet when we stayed in a dedicated two-bedroom in CCV. It worked out great for his naps and sleep. We used one of the cribs from WL. Have an awesome trip!

Hi everyone!

If you want the big closet, make sure you book a dedicated two bedroom. The lockoff rooms don’t have it, since they have a second entrance to the room. The dedicated rooms also have two real queen beds instead of one and a sleeper sofa.

As for location requests, you really can’t do too bad. If you want the quietest location for mid day naps you might want an even room number so it faces towards the Boulder Ridge cove pool instead of the main pool courtyard. We also like requesting high floors for quieter locations and better views.

Last edited:

My 18 month old son slept in the walk-in closet when we stayed in a dedicated two-bedroom in CCV. It worked out great for his naps and sleep. We used one of the cribs from WL. Have an awesome trip!

If you want the big closet, make sure you book a dedicated two bedroom. The lockoff rooms don’t have it, since they have a second entrance to the room. The dedicated rooms also have two real queen beds instead of one and a sleeper sofa.

As for location requests, you really can’t do too bad. If you want the quietest location for mid day naps you might want an even room number so it faces towards the Boulder Ridge cove pool I stead of the main pool courtyard. We also like requesting high floors for quieter locations and better views.

Thank you both - this is super helpful.

Last edited:

Can you ever take enough photos of the WL lobby? Chatting with a Security guard this morning he mentioned that the floor has never been replaced, but looks great after being refinished.
It is nice that you took before and after pictures to show how the refinished floors look so much better now.

We can never get enough of that lobby. I love that they have seating areas on every floor so that guests can relax and enjoy the view from many angles. :)

Two weeks and one day for our first stay here! Super excited too! I think you're doing the After hours and dessert party like we are! Great minds think alike! LOL
Yes! I went a little crazy during planning and switched resorts WAY to many times but we're locked down now. We're doing a split stay between WL and AKL. AH with dessert party on the 26th and MNSSHP on the 29th. I'm hoping the light crowds thing is still happening in 2 weeks!

Yes! I went a little crazy during planning and switched resorts WAY to many times but we're locked down now. We're doing a split stay between WL and AKL. AH with dessert party on the 26th and MNSSHP on the 29th. I'm hoping the light crowds thing is still happening in 2 weeks!
We're doing a split stay too (Yacht Club) before our cruise. We couldn't get both days at the BC/YC (home😍) so WL was a last minute choice but I have a strong feeling I am going to fall in love!! Super excited!

Thank you GC! I am loving every picture and can never get enough of the lobby. I also love your choices. Some are favorites of mine, like that long hallway to Roaring Fork. The view from the elevator was very cool. I am going to try that in January, since my DH and I will be staying inside the lodge this trip. ( it's been 10 years!)
Are you staying in a regular room or villa? For our 2022 trip with my DD, DSIL, and, by then, almost 3 year-old DGD, I am planning to try for CC or BR. I'm sure my DD and I will be discussing the pros and cons of each!
Have a wonderful visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter