Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ECSTATIC to share that I booked our "welcome home" reservation at Copper Creek this morning for our June 2020 stay!!

So freaking excited to be back at the WL and headed to Disney!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

only 336 days and counting! :earseek:
Congratulations! I have been pricing out some rooms for August 2020 and Copper Creek is on my list. Did you get any discounts? I'm not sure if I should wait for a discount or not.

Booking a place holder reservation now is somewhat of a double edge sword. It guarantees you a reservation at the resort of your choice. However, if the booking level is high Disney has no need to offer discounts to fill rooms since you are holding a reservation.

Note: Discounts are only offered to fill rooms that Disney is having trouble filling at rack rates during any given season or month. The good news for us is that August is often a month when Disney needs to offer discounts to fill rooms.

Dave

Do all the Boulder Ridge studio villas have a murphy bed? . Any view to ask for?
Thanks.
The studio does have the fold down murphy bed under the television. It's bunk sized. With the renovation of the pool area, I'd ask for a pool view.

Booking a place holder reservation now is somewhat of a double edge sword. It guarantees you a reservation at the resort of your choice. However, if the booking level is high Disney has no need to offer discounts to fill rooms since you are holding a reservation.

Note: Discounts are only offered to fill rooms that Disney is having trouble filling at rack rates during any given season or month. The good news for us is that August is often a month when Disney needs to offer discounts to fill rooms.

Dave
Yes August usually has some great discounts.

I've never been able to get any discount on a WL room....Florida Resident, PH, or otherwise. Maybe there's no need for them to offer it because it's so popular?

I've never been able to get any discount on a WL room....Florida Resident, PH, or otherwise. Maybe there's no need for them to offer it because it's so popular?
I assume it's going to remain less likely to have a discount because it got an amenity boost when Copper Creek opened with Geyser Point and new quiet pool and more importantly lost about 50% of it's bookable rooms. Being the cheapest MK resort probably has it running at much higher occupancy with the above mentioned changes. Also it is generally quite popular in the Christmas season so they wouldn't likely need to offer for that season any discount.

Once Reflections opens up WL could get more discounts with the newest resort next door. However, if they open up the walking path between the 3 (Reflections, WL, and FW) then I think it wouldn't drop much in booking (plus it will always have a heavier theme).

I assume it's going to remain less likely to have a discount because it got an amenity boost when Copper Creek opened with Geyser Point and new quiet pool and more importantly lost about 50% of it's bookable rooms. Being the cheapest MK resort probably has it running at much higher occupancy with the above mentioned changes. Also it is generally quite popular in the Christmas season so they wouldn't likely need to offer for that season any discount.

Once Reflections opens up WL could get more discounts with the newest resort next door. However, if they open up the walking path between the 3 (Reflections, WL, and FW) then I think it wouldn't drop much in booking (plus it will always have a heavier theme).
Reflections? Never heard about it.

The new resort that is being built on top of the old River Country ground. I believe the proper name is Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge its a mixed cash and DVC build.
That's cool! Disney is building so many new things I can't keep up :crazy2:

The discounts for the WL tend to be less than for other deluxe resorts, but they do exist. In fact, if you wanted to travel this August, there are quite a few discounted rooms available. :) We were able to book a bounceback with a 30% discount for this upcoming trip next month.

I seem to remember a while back that some resorts were getting specialty refillable mugs? Maybe I'm completely remembering this incorrectly - but does WL have a resort specific refillable mug? Also, on the mug topic, we are doing 8 nights at WL and then we move to BC for 7 nights. If we buy (no DDP) our mugs at WL will they still work at BC? I wasn't sure the time frame that they work. Thanks to anyone who can chime in to this!

I seem to remember a while back that some resorts were getting specialty refillable mugs?

A long, long time ago they each had their own mug.

Maybe I'm completely remembering this incorrectly - but does WL have a resort specific refillable mug?

All resorts have the same mugs.

Also, on the mug topic, we are doing 8 nights at WL and then we move to BC for 7 nights. If we buy (no DDP) our mugs at WL will they still work at BC? I wasn't sure the time frame that they work. Thanks to anyone who can chime in to this!

By default they are activated for 14 days, some people have reported theirs have been good for longer, but the default is 14. So yes, your mugs will work at BC. On day 15 they might not, and if so, bring them to wherever they are sold at BC and they will extend them since you are still staying there.

I remember a time when WL was not so popular and was, I believe, the lowest cost deluxe hotel. I used to wonder why as my DW and I loved it so much. I guess the word is out and those days are gone.

Can’t believe I’m finally going to see the lodge with the Christmas tree up and the resort all decorated.

I remember a time when WL was not so popular and was, I believe, the lowest cost deluxe hotel. I used to wonder why as my DW and I loved it so much. I guess the word is out and those days are gone.

Can’t believe I’m finally going to see the lodge with the Christmas tree up and the resort all decorated.
When we were pricing vacations, it was still the lowest cost deluxe. AKL wasn’t far behind

I seem to remember a while back that some resorts were getting specialty refillable mugs? Maybe I'm completely remembering this incorrectly - but does WL have a resort specific refillable mug? Also, on the mug topic, we are doing 8 nights at WL and then we move to BC for 7 nights. If we buy (no DDP) our mugs at WL will they still work at BC? I wasn't sure the time frame that they work. Thanks to anyone who can chime in to this!
WL had exclusive Snow White mug last Christmas. We never tested it (DDP screwup, so we had extra mug credits), but both cashiers warned me it wouldn’t work at any other resort. I do not know if it was just because WDW pushing new AP or what.

ETA still in stock when we got 12/24/18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!