Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Bricker just put up a post that includes pictures of newly designed honeymoon suites (I didn't even know those existed!) on the 7th floor of Wilderness Lodge. This isn't a new Standard room but maybe give a sense of what they'll look like if a refurb really is coming to that side of the lodge.
View attachment 413865

Is there any definitive information on the WL rooms being upgraded. Ive started planning for 2020 and would like to include WL. I have to say the rooms were a bit dated when I last stayed.

Thanks

Finally saw Toy Story 4 yesterday and afterwards went to dinner at a local restaurant. As soon as I walked in, I felt like I was at home! It just made me more excited for my January trip.
For a minute I thought you had a picture of the WL lobby. ;)

My girlfriend and I are staying here for the first time in January 2020. We booked a standard room after debating the nature view room. We don't care about the view, just the potential noise level from the service parking lot that the standard rooms overlook. Is noise usually an issue? Are there late-night deliveries etc.? We are both very light sleepers, so we requested a 6th-floor room.

Thanks!
We have heard delivery trucks early in the morning but not late at night.

Is there any definitive information on the WL rooms being upgraded. Ive started planning for 2020 and would like to include WL. I have to say the rooms were a bit dated when I last stayed.

Thanks
There hasn't been anything announced yet, as far as I know. We will be there next month and I'll try to find out if they have a refurb date. Usually, though, the staff has less information than the Disney fans. ;)

We really enjoyed our week long stay at WL! I honestly could have stayed here and not even gone to the parks, it's so relaxing and really feels like you're out in the middle of nowhere. I was so surprised how close it really is to Contemporary and MK without feeling like it.
I would have probably booked a nature view but with the military discount- and the fact that I booked less than two months out- they only had courtyard view. We were on the second floor and I was worried about the pool noise but honestly it wasn't a bother at all. Our rooms faced right out to the pool and even in the middle of the day during all the activity and games you could only really hear it if the balcony door was open. We did hear the boat horns at night when we were trying to sleep but it still wasn't a major issue.
We got the bunk bed room and regular room connecting as requested so that was a plus since they can't ever guarantee that. DS2 and GF2 where both comfortable in the bunk beds, though DS2 who is 5'10 said he wished it was a little higher because he thought he was going to hit his head on the top bunk when he got up in the morning, which he never did. They liked that there were lights over each bunk and I liked the easy switch on light on each side of the queen bed. The shower was perfect for the four of us to share sine the tub edge is wide for all of our toiletries to go on and the vanity area had plenty of room as well, both counters and underneath. I found the blow dryer worked well and had a diffuser attachment included.
Our room was pretty far down the corridor so we found we could walk to the end and down one flight of stairs to the door right out to the boat dock. That was great when going to and from MK and Ft. Wilderness when we did Hoop Dee Doo. On the other hand, it was still just a quick walk down the hall to the elevator and down one floor and another quick walk to Roaring Forks where we could fill up our mugs or get breakfast, snacks, or a late night dinner. We did this several times since we seemed to be not as hungry during the hot days, but by the time we got back to the resort we'd want to eat. There were a lot of good options so everyone was happy. DH, DS1, and GF1 really like the grilled cheese, DS2 liked the burger best, GF2 loved the pulled pork sandwich, and my fav was the roast beef sandwich. The "kids" stayed at MK a little later than us one night and grabbed wings from Geyser Point to go which they enjoyed. It would have been nice to sit out and enjoy the water front atmosphere there if it were not so hot. Our first day's breakfast was at Whispering Canyon, and while it's not as wild and fun as I remember in years past, we still had a great time. Our CM was top notch and we really enjoyed him. Everyone got the traditional skillet but me- I got the lighter side one (that oatmeal is heavenly). I love that they've changed it to three different options now so everyone can get what they want. We all were thoroughly stuffed.
The lobby area is fantastic and I especially loved the comfy chairs where you could look out at the little bridge and "creek" as well as the rocking chairs in front of the fire place. Even in the heat of summer it still felt like we were at a cool mountain retreat. We had fun at the pool on our down day and never felt like it was over crowded. The CM's leading the games and stuff for the kids were doing a fantastic job while not being too loud or annoying. I love the waterfall and creek that runs into the pool.
All the staff we encountered- from Mousekeeping to front desk to merchandise- were terrific. We stopped at the pin trading board daily and had a nice chat with just about everyone working there. We also got to chat with those CM's in the Mercantile. I'm on a mission to stay at every regular Disney resort, but I will definitely rank WL high on my list of favorites. I aim to come back in the fall or winter one day- Christmas time would be my dream!

We really enjoyed our week long stay at WL! I honestly could have stayed here and not even gone to the parks, it's so relaxing and really feels like you're out in the middle of nowhere. I was so surprised how close it really is to Contemporary and MK without feeling like it.
I would have probably booked a nature view but with the military discount- and the fact that I booked less than two months out- they only had courtyard view. We were on the second floor and I was worried about the pool noise but honestly it wasn't a bother at all. Our rooms faced right out to the pool and even in the middle of the day during all the activity and games you could only really hear it if the balcony door was open. We did hear the boat horns at night when we were trying to sleep but it still wasn't a major issue.
We got the bunk bed room and regular room connecting as requested so that was a plus since they can't ever guarantee that. DS2 and GF2 where both comfortable in the bunk beds, though DS2 who is 5'10 said he wished it was a little higher because he thought he was going to hit his head on the top bunk when he got up in the morning, which he never did. They liked that there were lights over each bunk and I liked the easy switch on light on each side of the queen bed. The shower was perfect for the four of us to share sine the tub edge is wide for all of our toiletries to go on and the vanity area had plenty of room as well, both counters and underneath. I found the blow dryer worked well and had a diffuser attachment included.
Our room was pretty far down the corridor so we found we could walk to the end and down one flight of stairs to the door right out to the boat dock. That was great when going to and from MK and Ft. Wilderness when we did Hoop Dee Doo. On the other hand, it was still just a quick walk down the hall to the elevator and down one floor and another quick walk to Roaring Forks where we could fill up our mugs or get breakfast, snacks, or a late night dinner. We did this several times since we seemed to be not as hungry during the hot days, but by the time we got back to the resort we'd want to eat. There were a lot of good options so everyone was happy. DH, DS1, and GF1 really like the grilled cheese, DS2 liked the burger best, GF2 loved the pulled pork sandwich, and my fav was the roast beef sandwich. The "kids" stayed at MK a little later than us one night and grabbed wings from Geyser Point to go which they enjoyed. It would have been nice to sit out and enjoy the water front atmosphere there if it were not so hot. Our first day's breakfast was at Whispering Canyon, and while it's not as wild and fun as I remember in years past, we still had a great time. Our CM was top notch and we really enjoyed him. Everyone got the traditional skillet but me- I got the lighter side one (that oatmeal is heavenly). I love that they've changed it to three different options now so everyone can get what they want. We all were thoroughly stuffed.
The lobby area is fantastic and I especially loved the comfy chairs where you could look out at the little bridge and "creek" as well as the rocking chairs in front of the fire place. Even in the heat of summer it still felt like we were at a cool mountain retreat. We had fun at the pool on our down day and never felt like it was over crowded. The CM's leading the games and stuff for the kids were doing a fantastic job while not being too loud or annoying. I love the waterfall and creek that runs into the pool.
All the staff we encountered- from Mousekeeping to front desk to merchandise- were terrific. We stopped at the pin trading board daily and had a nice chat with just about everyone working there. We also got to chat with those CM's in the Mercantile. I'm on a mission to stay at every regular Disney resort, but I will definitely rank WL high on my list of favorites. I aim to come back in the fall or winter one day- Christmas time would be my dream!
Thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful resort report!

We stayed at BRV in April and are headed there again in less than a month! I was surprised how much I enjoyed it the first time; I wish we hadn’t waited so long to check it out!

Just back from our vacation.. Had a wonderful trip but way too HOT!!! Want to ask if this has ever happened to anybody? When I got home and checked my bank account noticed that the front desk had taken out the amount I had charged to the room but also another amount that was twice as much.. I freaked out and called back to the WL billing and they assured me that they had not done it. That it was probably my bank not understanding the charges cause it was pending.. He was certain that it would drop off in a few days.. I'm watching like a hawk. scared me to death... still worried till it does... Has this happened to anyone else?

Just back from our vacation.. Had a wonderful trip but way too HOT!!! Want to ask if this has ever happened to anybody? When I got home and checked my bank account noticed that the front desk had taken out the amount I had charged to the room but also another amount that was twice as much.. I freaked out and called back to the WL billing and they assured me that they had not done it. That it was probably my bank not understanding the charges cause it was pending.. He was certain that it would drop off in a few days.. I'm watching like a hawk. scared me to death... still worried till it does... Has this happened to anyone else?

Are you talking pending charges or actually charged already? Pending will drop off, but if the charge has already posted, you should call your bank, then dispute the charge.

Crossing my fingers, I may soon be a BRV owner. What do you folks think a night at BRV, CCV or WL would go for a night IF it were located on the monorail line?
The points will never change even with they add the monorail or the Skyliner.

Hi, new to this thread as looking to maybe stay here in Aug for 3 nights at the end of our main YC stay.

Just wandering if there is any problems with mosquitoes and bugz?

Also the room would be a courtyard bunk, is this an ok room?

Thanks

Hi! We are staying at WL for 8 nights in August before moving to the BC for our epic 15 night vacation - can't wait! I've been trying forever for an ADR for any meal at WCC on August 19th and haven't been able to see anything available - there are things the days before, the days after but nothing on the 19th. I try all the time! Is there a refurb for the WCC that could happen for only one day? A private event? I just hate to keep searching if there is something going on that day that will keep me for ever getting an ADR there on that day! I have made one on the following day just in case but I'd prefer it on the 19th! Any thoughts??? Thanks for this amazing thread! We were at WL in Nov for our first time after many stays at WDW and feel in love!

Hi, new to this thread as looking to maybe stay here in Aug for 3 nights at the end of our main YC stay.

Just wandering if there is any problems with mosquitoes and bugz?

Also the room would be a courtyard bunk, is this an ok room?

Thanks

We just stayed in a courtyard bunk room and loved it. It was extremely hot and humid but never encountered any problems with bugs- and I'm a mosquito magnet! I was concerned being right on the water it would be, but nope.

On the subject of bunk bed rooms and possible refurbishments. I had booked 3 weeks for June 2020 in the YC and called up today to change to WL courtyard view. I asked for a request to be noted for 2 queen beds rather than a bunk bed room. The lady informed me that they are doing away with the bunk beds and as of June 2020 all room will have 2 doubles/queens.

Take from that what you will 😃

Whats everyone’s thoughts on a courtyard view room at ground level ( first floor I think ) I assume they all have a small patio area?

It’s appealing being able to walk out the sliding doors to the pool, food court etc but Im worried the rooms could be quite noisy ? I don’t think Ive ever had a room below the 4th floor before.

Thanks

Whats everyone’s thoughts on a courtyard view room at ground level ( first floor I think ) I assume they all have a small patio area?

It’s appealing being able to walk out the sliding doors to the pool, food court etc but Im worried the rooms could be quite noisy ? I don’t think Ive ever had a room below the 4th floor before.

Thanks
It was not noisey to me, never heard any of the pool noise. and we went to bed early some nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter