Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could also be that AKL's rooms are in a bit worse shape than WL's. I will be at both resorts in May so will see first-hand! ;) It's also possible that once they took WL off the calendar, there hasn't been a space for it yet with all the other renovations that are scheduled. They may shift a few to get WL started, but AKL really was in need! Does that make sense? I'm sure I could have worded that better!! :rotfl:

(The DVC villas, however, are in wonderful condition. They already have the large Smart TVs and the lighted makeup mirrors! :thumbsup2)
I've stayed at both last year and in my view WL was in way worse shape but what do I know.

And yes CC is incredible

I booked a stay here for a weekend trip with a friend who hasn't been to Disney since she was a little kid. Is there anything we should do specifically at our hotel? We'll be staying in the parks for fireworks so won't be back until late. Might do afternoon breaks though. Also how long will it take us to check in and drop off our bags, get on the boat over to Magic Kingdom and to Be Our Guest? We have a 12:35pm reservation and driving up that morning.
Our check in and bag check process took, I'd say, 10 minutes or less. We waited behind only one other guest for check in. I'd also say that while the boat is romantic, it was nearly always faster to take the bus. "Nearly" because sometimes there was some kind of big hold up with the traffic, or like three electric vehicles to load on the bus, and maybe in those cases boat would have been faster. But while they've started posting the expected bus times (a system which seemed to be down at least 25% of the time), they don't yet show the time of the next expected boat.
And one reminder—don't be like us, running late to a CRT reservation, panic at the long bus line, and Uber to the Magic Kingdom! The bus takes you right to the gate but Uber can only go to the TTC! For all other parks, the "panic Uber" is a worthy move, but not MK.

Our check in and bag check process took, I'd say, 10 minutes or less. We waited behind only one other guest for check in. I'd also say that while the boat is romantic, it was nearly always faster to take the bus. "Nearly" because sometimes there was some kind of big hold up with the traffic, or like three electric vehicles to load on the bus, and maybe in those cases boat would have been faster. But while they've started posting the expected bus times (a system which seemed to be down at least 25% of the time), they don't yet show the time of the next expected boat.
And one reminder—don't be like us, running late to a CRT reservation, panic at the long bus line, and Uber to the Magic Kingdom! The bus takes you right to the gate but Uber can only go to the TTC! For all other parks, the "panic Uber" is a worthy move, but not MK.
Thanks! We ended up canceling the lunch for a dinner there instead so now we won't need to rush. I think the boat is nice for a first timer since it's so unique and pretty, but ya it doesn't seem the fastest route. Good to know about the ubers dropping off farther away! If you say you're going to the Contemporary you can then walk over to Magic Kingdom from there though. Now I have to figure out if its worth a crazy hassle to go to the Contemporary and take the monorail to Epcot so my friend can ride it for the first time or just take the more direct route from the hotel.

Thanks! We ended up canceling the lunch for a dinner there instead so now we won't need to rush. I think the boat is nice for a first timer since it's so unique and pretty, but ya it doesn't seem the fastest route. Good to know about the ubers dropping off farther away! If you say you're going to the Contemporary you can then walk over to Magic Kingdom from there though. Now I have to figure out if its worth a crazy hassle to go to the Contemporary and take the monorail to Epcot so my friend can ride it for the first time or just take the more direct route from the hotel.
EPCOT was one of our Uber rides, and their drop off is even a bit closer than the buses! (Though monorail goes right through the park, so it's presumably the closest.)

On our reservation tonight, I just noticed that it says this under the resort:

Req floor 6 NTG

I’m assuming this means request 6 floor but what does NTG mean????

I have a question about ADA compliant rooms at Wilderness Lodge.

My parents booked a standard room there through an agency deal for a trip this summer. My mom requested an ADA compliant room -- I assume this is just like any other request and will be honored if they're able to? And looking on Touring Plans room finder, it doesn't look like there are any ADA compliant standard view rooms, so is it pretty certain that this won't be a request Disney will be able to fulfill? I've never requested this type of room before so I'm just unfamiliar with how it all works.

My parents booked a standard room there through an agency deal for a trip this summer. My mom requested an ADA compliant room -- I assume this is just like any other request and will be honored if they're able to? And looking on Touring Plans room finder, it doesn't look like there are any ADA compliant standard view rooms, so is it pretty certain that this won't be a request Disney will be able to fulfill? I've never requested this type of room before so I'm just unfamiliar with how it all works.
I'd call. My guess is that while nothing's an absolute guarantee, they'd prioritize ADA. And I wouldn't necessarily trust Touringplans to be the most up-to-date source on room distribution.

I'd call. My guess is that while nothing's an absolute guarantee, they'd prioritize ADA. And I wouldn't necessarily trust Touringplans to be the most up-to-date source on room distribution.

I agree, and I'd add that Standard View will get you a room that is classified as Standard View or better, so it is quite likely that they would "upgrade" you to a Courtyard View room to meet the ADA accessible room request.

Last edited:
I agree, and I'd add that Standard View will get you a room that is classified as Standard View or better, so it is quite likely that they would "upgrade" you to a COurtyard View room to meet the ADA accessible room request.
OK, thanks. I'm using a TA so I assume she needs to be the one to call and make sure it's on the reservation?

I arrived at the WL with my husband yesterday. We were greeted by name at the door which was a nice touch. We added on the CL access (details and pictures in the CL thread) had a nice breakfast in the CL lounge and then took a nap in one of the patios at the Boulder Ridge pool. We enjoyed Flower and Garden at Epcot and then went back to WL as our room was ready. We are on the second floor overlooking the pool, we aren't picky about room location and it is quite nice, although it does feel very exposed being so close to the pool on the second floor, the view pictures are from our room. We have the old toiletries so I am posting those pics too, we have a thing of bar soap in the bath as well I just didn't take a pic of that.

We had drinks in Territory Lounge last night so I am posting that specialty menu.

Let me know if you have questions and check out my posts on the CL thread for information about The Old Faithful Club.

IMG_8110.jpg IMG_8111.jpg IMG_8121.jpg IMG_8122.jpg IMG_8132.jpg IMG_8133.jpg

I love that add on option. You get the best of both worlds, CL access and an open balcony instead of that awful enclosed one. We are going to do the same on our trip at end of May/first of June. We were at FQ but switched to WL, bunk bed room. Better option than having to order a blow up mattress at FQ. We just don't work in 2 beds when DGD is with us anymore, she's only 11 but over 5' and part starfish and part octopus when she sleeps

I love that add on option. You get the best of both worlds, CL access and an open balcony instead of that awful enclosed one. We are going to do the same on our trip at end of May/first of June. We were at FQ but switched to WL, bunk bed room. Better option than having to order a blow up mattress at FQ. We just don't work in 2 beds when DGD is with us anymore, she's only 11 but over 5' and part starfish and part octopus when she sleeps
Lol...your description of her sleeping habits is hilarious!!

At the lodge now - can’t sleep running in 10K in a few hours. A few Reno items I’ve witnessed: Painting of the rocks on the wall out front of the lodge where the magician express/ race expo bus picks you up. Also group of 12 people in kackis and polo shirts by elevator near roaring fork with clipboards. I heard a lady say is the wood a B or c rating, carpet in this area...
So seems like Reno planned - but who knows when

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!