Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweeeeet.

I've been following this thread off an on, so I apologize if this has been answered, but is there an update if the path to Ft Wilderness is officially closed and is there an update on any refurbishments to WL? thank you!

To my knowledge, the path is still not open. Not really sure when they intend to open it again. Sorry I can’t help you any further with that.

sweeeeet.

I've been following this thread off an on, so I apologize if this has been answered, but is there an update if the path to Ft Wilderness is officially closed and is there an update on any refurbishments to WL? thank you!

I hate to say it, but if I had to guess, the path is probably going to be closed until the Reflections resort construction is over, or at least to a point where people walking by it wouldn't be dangerous. I wouldn't expect it to open up for awhile since they just started land clearing for the new resort.

I hate to say it, but if I had to guess, the path is probably going to be closed until the Reflections resort construction is over, or at least to a point where people walking by it wouldn't be dangerous. I wouldn't expect it to open up for awhile since they just started land clearing for the new resort.
So to arrive for the Segway tour for an 8:15am check in at the bike barn at ft wilderness what time should we boat? Or bus? From WL? Newbie to WL, so thank you in advance!

So we are looking into WL for next June- there will be 5 adults. Looking into the deluxe room that can accommodate all of us. My only question is do you think there will be enough space for all of us and how comfortable are the sofa beds? I want us all to be comfortable and after being in parks all day, we will all want to sleep well. Do you think 2 rooms would be better? I would like for us all to be together and booking the deluxe room definitely would come with club level perks which we have never done before- that is very appealing. Please let me know your thoughts. We have stayed in 2 rooms before at WL and loved that also.

So to arrive for the Segway tour for an 8:15am check in at the bike barn at ft wilderness what time should we boat? Or bus? From WL? Newbie to WL, so thank you in advance!

I'd probably boat over. There's a boat that runs between the Contemporary, Ft. Wilderness, and WL. It starts running about 6:30am. It runs about every 15-20 minutes. I believe you'll have to take an internal campground bus or walk to the bike barn for check in for the tour. The bike barn is in the middle of the campground.

So we are looking into WL for next June- there will be 5 adults. Looking into the deluxe room that can accommodate all of us. My only question is do you think there will be enough space for all of us and how comfortable are the sofa beds? I want us all to be comfortable and after being in parks all day, we will all want to sleep well. Do you think 2 rooms would be better? I would like for us all to be together and booking the deluxe room definitely would come with club level perks which we have never done before- that is very appealing. Please let me know your thoughts. We have stayed in 2 rooms before at WL and loved that also.

We stayed in a deluxe room last September and really liked it, but there were only two of us. The bathroom is a bit odd with a door at each end of the counter. You would have to close both doors for privacy. Are all five adults related? The person who sleeps on the sofa would have less privacy than the people sharing the queen beds in the bedroom. The advantage of getting two rooms instead of the deluxe room would be two bathrooms and real beds for everyone.

We stayed in a deluxe room last September and really liked it, but there were only two of us. The bathroom is a bit odd with a door at each end of the counter. You would have to close both doors for privacy. Are all five adults related? The person who sleeps on the sofa would have less privacy than the people sharing the queen beds in the bedroom. The advantage of getting two rooms instead of the deluxe room would be two bathrooms and real beds for everyone.

thanks for the reply back. I am torn as to what to do. About the same price actually... yes we are all related, it is my husband and I, my daughter and her husband and my youngest daughter who is 22. Perhaps getting the 2 rooms would be best for everyone like we have done in the past. We would have more space for sure and my daughter and her husband would get their privacy too.

thanks for the reply back. I am torn as to what to do. About the same price actually... yes we are all related, it is my husband and I, my daughter and her husband and my youngest daughter who is 22. Perhaps getting the 2 rooms would be best for everyone like we have done in the past. We would have more space for sure and my daughter and her husband would get their privacy too.
I would want to have two rooms in that situation. :)

I'd probably boat over. There's a boat that runs between the Contemporary, Ft. Wilderness, and WL. It starts running about 6:30am. It runs about every 15-20 minutes. I believe you'll have to take an internal campground bus or walk to the bike barn for check in for the tour. The bike barn is in the middle of the campground.
Thank you for this, I appreciate it!

We have almost the same exact scenario as you (almost to a T) and I decided to get 2 rooms. After being in the park together all day we thought it was better to get some privacy for all of us. Enjoy your vacation!

Congratulations! We just make our room requests directly by calling the Disney reservations line and adding them to our reservation. We haven’t used Touring Plans and don’t feel the need for it. With a standard view room if you request a high floor you have a good shot at a MK view. You might also want to request MK or Fireworks view directly, so that you don’t get “upgraded” to a higher view category that wouldn’t have the MK view. Of course they now offer Fireworks View as a separate bookable category, but they charge a lot more for it. Our call is to go with Standard View and a location request.

Good luck, and no matter what you’ll be at a great resort.

Thank you! And thank you for such a detailed response! I’ve now made my request with reservations and although I know it’s super early, I’m gonna keep everything crossed.

I’ll understand if I don’t get that location, I’m there at a pretty busy time of year but it doesn’t hurt to ask right? :)

How’s the shade at the pools? We are staying for the first time at the end of August so it will be hot! Hoping there is some shade…

How’s the shade at the pools? We are staying for the first time at the end of August so it will be hot! Hoping there is some shade…
I would grab one of the free shaded structures/patios. They are on the Boulder Ridge Pool side. Though I think there is some other shaded areas if you switch around during the day between the two pools
Was just going through my November pictures and apparently I took a picture of the BR pool shaded tables! They were great!

View attachment 388873

I would grab one of the free shaded structures/patios. They are on the Boulder Ridge Pool side. Though I think there is some other shaded areas if you switch around during the day between the two pools

Oh those are cool! Didn’t realize they had little tables. Do you rent them or just on a first come basis?

Is there any shade if you are in the pool during certain times of the day? I know when we stayed at BLT the pool would be shaded by the resort sometimes.

Oh those are cool! Didn’t realize they had little tables. Do you rent them or just on a first come basis?

Is there any shade if you are in the pool during certain times of the day? I know when we stayed at BLT the pool would be shaded by the resort sometimes.
They are first come at WL and not for rent (yet though I suppose Disney could change that).

If I recall correctly the Boulder Ridge Pool is more shaded throughout the day which is the one with these structures. The Silver Springs Pool is a bit less shaded in my opinion.

They are first come at WL and not for rent (yet though I suppose Disney could change that).

If I recall correctly the Boulder Ridge Pool is more shaded throughout the day which is the one with these structures. The Silver Springs Pool is a bit less shaded in my opinion.

The boulder ridge pool is the one by the DVC buildings (not the main lodge)? I’m assuming my son will have to do the pool with the slide! Haha

The boulder ridge pool is the one by the DVC buildings (not the main lodge)? I’m assuming my son will have to do the pool with the slide! Haha
Yeah the Boulder Ridge Pool is the one by the DVC building. It was redone about 2 years ago now so much nicer than before and almost as nice as Silver Springs if you want the slide.

We have a 1 bedroom villa booked at Boulder Ridge this summer. When I go on Touring Plans to look at the views, it gives the option of a woods view or a pool view. My reservation doesn't specify either. And when I look on Disney's website it doesn't give a choice of either of those, only a 1 bedroom. So my question is is there a difference in the points value for these views? Or could the 1 bedroom just be one or the either for the same point value?

We have a 1 bedroom villa booked at Boulder Ridge this summer. When I go on Touring Plans to look at the views, it gives the option of a woods view or a pool view. My reservation doesn't specify either. And when I look on Disney's website it doesn't give a choice of either of those, only a 1 bedroom. So my question is is there a difference in the points value for these views? Or could the 1 bedroom just be one or the either for the same point value?
There is no difference for Boulder Ridge as there is only one booking category so feel free to request any room. You can go to the DVC specific thread to get more details possibly.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/vwl-groupies-lovers-thread-special-collectors’-edition-updated-28-jan-19.3242976/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter