Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying 2 nights at the Copper Creek Villas in June. any advice for a room request with our 20 month old son?

Witch of the 2 pools will be better for him? We mostly want to stay at the resort and take a little look into the Magic Kingdom

Before the stay we are staying 8 nights at AKL.
I'd personally ask the CCV specific thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...k-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/

They have some good advice and depending if you booked a walk-in shower may change the room requests. For instance most Tubs are on the 1st floor (all but 6 I think) and all the Walk Ins, I believe are 2nd and above. They even have maps of the room locations on the 1st post color coordinated for room type (walk-in, tub, lockoff or dedicated).

You can request rooms facing the main pool or the quiet pool. I would choose the quiet pool view because it will be quieter. ;)

The villas pool is zero entry, quieter and larger than the main pool. :)

I'd personally ask the CCV specific thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/

They have some good advice and depending if you booked a walk-in shower may change the room requests. For instance most Tubs are on the 1st floor (all but 6 I think) and all the Walk Ins, I believe are 2nd and above. They even have maps of the room locations on the 1st post color coordinated for room type (walk-in, tub, lockoff or dedicated).

Thank you for the answer

We have booked a walk in shower room.

I will ask at the CCV thread

Hey guys. Wow so much as changed since my last trip in 2008. I was looking at prices for this hotel for the first weekend in December and they are sold out already. Animal kingdom still has some available. Is there a chance rooms will open up for wilderness lodge?

Hey guys. Wow so much as changed since my last trip in 2008. I was looking at prices for this hotel for the first weekend in December and they are sold out already. Animal kingdom still has some available. Is there a chance rooms will open up for wilderness lodge?
Since your last trip, an entire wing of the building was converted to DVC villas. There isn't anything to open up.

I suppose anything could happen but I'd have a contingency plan. The Lodge is uber beautiful in December and it's quite popular. Of course, we stayed 2 nights at AKL last December and it was quite beautiful as well!

Last edited:
There is a slim chance something would open up, especially as you get around the 30 day mark, but I wouldn't count on it. WL is very popular at Christmas time. We stayed there once in the first week of December and I've never seen the resort so busy. Families were dropping by the lobby in their finest Christmas clothes to get a picture by the Christmas tree. There were so many cute settings for photo ops that made WL the ultimate destination for pictures. :)

Thanks guys. I think I will book somewhere else and just keep checking back.

Just making sure, there’s no cabanas to rent at WL correct? Our first time at WL and we will be there in June.
Thank you!

Just making sure, there’s no cabanas to rent at WL correct? Our first time at WL and we will be there in June.
Thank you!
The Quiet pool (Boulder Ridge) has shaded structures (essentially a roof) that is on a first come basis at no cost but nothing to purchase (as far as I know only GF, Poly, CR and now YC/BC only have paid structures). If I recall correctly.

Can’t wait to stay here for my 4th Disney trip in November.

I’ve booked a standard room and have read reviews some rooms face MK and have a partial fireworks view. I’d love to get one of these standard rooms and see you can make room requests through touring plans.

Does anyone rate the touring plans room request services over just adding the request to your booking directly with Disney?

I just had to share with this group - was watching a family home video and low and behold, we stayed at Fort Wilderness in Aug 1994! We have shots of the cabin, the beach that was there before Geyser Point, and the Lodge itself all on video. I thought it was a neat find!
It would be fun to take a new video and try to mimic the very video you found from 1994!

I ran across a scrapbook page I made when our kids were about 4 and 5 years old so that would have been Dec 1996 (photo taken by the pool) and I have another of our kids in the WL hallway holding hands as they were walking. How fitting that we will be bringing our son, daughter in law, and granddaughter for a short stay at CCV in Dec 2019, 23 years later (where we purchased DVC)! Everything has come full circle!

Thank you!

The Quiet pool (Boulder Ridge) has shaded structures (essentially a roof) that is on a first come basis at no cost but nothing to purchase (as far as I know only GF, Poly, CR and now YC/BC only have paid structures). If I recall correctly.

Was just going through my November pictures and apparently I took a picture of the BR pool shaded tables! They were great!

471788FF-C2EF-43DF-B2D9-A34AF809D372.jpeg

Can’t wait to stay here for my 4th Disney trip in November.

I’ve booked a standard room and have read reviews some rooms face MK and have a partial fireworks view. I’d love to get one of these standard rooms and see you can make room requests through touring plans.

Does anyone rate the touring plans room request services over just adding the request to your booking directly with Disney?
Congratulations! We just make our room requests directly by calling the Disney reservations line and adding them to our reservation. We haven’t used Touring Plans and don’t feel the need for it. With a standard view room if you request a high floor you have a good shot at a MK view. You might also want to request MK or Fireworks view directly, so that you don’t get “upgraded” to a higher view category that wouldn’t have the MK view. Of course they now offer Fireworks View as a separate bookable category, but they charge a lot more for it. Our call is to go with Standard View and a location request.

Good luck, and no matter what you’ll be at a great resort.

They were empty every time we went down in the afternoon! Have fun!
sweeeeet.

I've been following this thread off an on, so I apologize if this has been answered, but is there an update if the path to Ft Wilderness is officially closed and is there an update on any refurbishments to WL? thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter