Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a few months ago to book a split stay for Poly and WL for 8/27-9/3 and was only able to get WL for 2 nights 9/1-9/3 at passholder rate or the Magic rate so it's interesting you were able to get those nights! We are also now wondering whether to keep reservation we have or to cancel with all the Star Wars madness that I imagine will be throughout the entire resort....so much for 1-4 crowd levels we enjoyed in the past! Hesitate to cancel since I'd like to use my AP and have already have plane tix.
I was surprised that we were able to add those two nights to our reservation. We have the 30% bounceback discount applied to the first 6 nights of the reservation but the 7th night is at rack rate. I am hoping to get an annual passholders discount for the reservation when they release them for those dates.

I think I would have preferred going to WDW later in the fall to avoid the Star Wars crowds, but decided to keep the dates because it will be fun to be there during such an exciting time. We aren't worried about huge crowds at the other parks because so many schools are back in session by then that I think it will still be a low crowd time, just not as low as before.

Our trip is coming up and I'm so excited! Checking in May 5-11, I'm looking at room 6039, we have a courtyard view bunk bed room booked and I want a high level with a full balcony, does floor 6 offer full balconies?

Our trip is coming up and I'm so excited! Checking in May 5-11, I'm looking at room 6039, we have a courtyard view bunk bed room booked and I want a high level with a full balcony, does floor 6 offer full balconies?
Some of the 6th floor rooms have a regular balcony, which would be rooms 6035 to 6099 (or whatever the last room on the 6th floor above the lobby would be. But rooms numbered 6004 to 6034 would have the enclosed (dormer) balconies.

Last edited:

So I should be good with room 6039?
screen-shot-2017-08-05-at-8-03-49-am-png.259905

You can see room 6039 in this picture and it has the open balcony. :)

i got 2 nights at CCV for September! I was waitlisted but never got a notification and today I just by chance checked the DVC website and a studio was available today (although I was waitlisted for 1 night yesterday). Yippee.......we really wanted to stay at our home resort in September (Labor day week) because I really think we're going to need it for relaxation after SWGE! So now we have 4 nights and POP, 2 nights at a poly studio, and 2 night CCV studio!

My DD (a CM at WL) tells me that the path between WL and FW recently closed and WL no longer has bikes for rent. That's all the info I have. :(

Thanks for letting us know. This makes me very sad. I love biking to and from WL! Hopefully this will open back up after the new resort is built, but that'll be a good long time to wait. :sad1:

We will be staying at WL for the first time in June. We have one day where we’re taking the Segway tour and have to check in at the bike barn at ft wilderness at 7:45am. We were planning on walking but sounds like the path is closed. Does anyone mind giving this WL newbie a plan of attack for that morning? When to leave and to bus or boat. If bus, do we have to transfer, if boat can we walk from the dock to the bike barn?

Thank you!

We will be staying at WL for the first time in June. We have one day where we’re taking the Segway tour and have to check in at the bike barn at ft wilderness at 7:45am. We were planning on walking but sounds like the path is closed. Does anyone mind giving this WL newbie a plan of attack for that morning? When to leave and to bus or boat. If bus, do we have to transfer, if boat can we walk from the dock to the bike barn?

Thank you!

We did that once. And had stressful rush - though we had allowed enough time but hadn't. We watched the boat pulling away from the dock as we walked up and waited 15 minutes with not another one in site. Then debated and decided to split so one of us might potentially get there by the start time. I walked and DH got a taxi. He won. Either way you need to transfer to an internatl FW bus at the Settlement. You can walk but it's a bit of a hike from the boat or the bus drop off but allow enough time as it's a bit of a walk.

I was surprised that we were able to add those two nights to our reservation. We have the 30% bounceback discount applied to the first 6 nights of the reservation but the 7th night is at rack rate. I am hoping to get an annual passholders discount for the reservation when they release them for those dates.

I think I would have preferred going to WDW later in the fall to avoid the Star Wars crowds, but decided to keep the dates because it will be fun to be there during such an exciting time. We aren't worried about huge crowds at the other parks because so many schools are back in session by then that I think it will still be a low crowd time, just not as low as before.

Ok then maybe I will see you at WL in Aug-Sept.....right now I have a split stay between Poly and WL but hoping to change entire visit over to WL and AP rate would be nice but I’m not sure if they will offer much since the demand for rooms will be high with the SW opening at that same time. Here now at POFQ and there was nothing available for bounceba that week.

Thanks for letting us know. This makes me very sad. I love biking to and from WL! Hopefully this will open back up after the new resort is built, but that'll be a good long time to wait. :sad1:

When (if?) the path reopens, I'm sure the bikes will be back. No point in having bikes at WL now when there's nowhere to ride them. :(

As others have stated, since the sign says "closed for refurbishment", that's what we're all hoping it truly means! :)

Looking at online check-in for Boulder ridge. We have never been there before. Any suggestions on the room request? The options are Highest floor, upper floor and near elevator. We would want a nice view that quiet, but not too far away. So, what should I pick? (If there was a far away from elevator option, I would pick that!)

Looking at online check-in for Boulder ridge. We have never been there before. Any suggestions on the room request? The options are Highest floor, upper floor and near elevator. We would want a nice view that quiet, but not too far away. So, what should I pick? (If there was a far away from elevator option, I would pick that!)

This is the main reason why I skip that section of Online Check In and call my requests in. The options online are never what I want to request. I would call the Main Reservation line and add a request of quiet location to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out
When within that time frame makes no difference .

This is the main reason why I skip that section of Online Check In and call my requests in. The options online are never what I want to request. I would call the Main Reservation line and add a request of quiet location to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out
When within that time frame makes no difference .

I have always done online check-in in the past, but this time I have a Touring Plans account, so I am considering using their room request system. I've never stayed at WL before, and although I have spent *a lot* of time reading this forum and looking at the room finder on Touring Plans, I wonder if it's wise to make such a specific request when I don't know the property.

FWIW, I have reserved a Courtyard view room and quietness is pretty important to us. (We have a preschooler.)

Debating between here and POFG, my wife really likes this resort because of the beach. I never see many pictures of it. Anyone with any experience?

Debating between here and POFG, my wife really likes this resort because of the beach. I never see many pictures of it. Anyone with any experience?
The beach is no longer after CCV expansion was completed. Geyser Point and Reunion Station are now sitting where the beach was. With that being said the resort is still beautiful, a short boat ride to MK, Contemporary, or FW (there is a walking path to FW but its currently closed).

@crvetter described it, but here's some pics of the new shoreline now that Geyser Point is there. No beach, but very nice views and places to sit.

The playground that used to be near the beach is gone as well, so the nearest playground is at Fort Wilderness. They do show nightly movies on the grassy area shown on the right of the second picture.

We like the Port Orleans resorts as well, but the lakefront location of WL is awesome. It is beautiful, and so nice to be so close to MK yet to feel secluded. We also enjoy having the resort be under one roof with interior hallways, which can be a benefit depending on the weather when you are there.

We are staying 2 nights at the Copper Creek Villas in June. any advice for a room request with our 20 month old son?

Witch of the 2 pools will be better for him? We mostly want to stay at the resort and take a little look into the Magic Kingdom

Before the stay we are staying 8 nights at AKL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter