Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they doing room refurbs now at the Lodge? When we were there in August they were supposedly starting in 6 weeks, but I've read nothing about it actually happening. If they have what are they actually doing to the rooms?

TIA!
When we were there in September they told us that they pushed off the remodeling until the spring. There haven't been any announcements about it yet.

When we were there in September they told us that they pushed off the remodeling until the spring. There haven't been any announcements about it yet.

Thank you so much. We have FD booked at AKL, but we are torn between that and FD at WL in a court yard view. Decisions...decisions.

Our next trip is coming up very shortly. Can anyone confirm if there are still ceiling fans in the standard rooms?

Hi eveyone. We will be making our way back to the lodge this March and are staying in a Copper Creek studio. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to get a case of bottled water and possibly some snacks delivered? We have used garden grocer in the past but I dont need enough stuff to make it worth the fee with them.

Hi eveyone. We will be making our way back to the lodge this March and are staying in a Copper Creek studio. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to get a case of bottled water and possibly some snacks delivered? We have used garden grocer in the past but I dont need enough stuff to make it worth the fee with them.
Amazon prime is a good way to get things delivered to the resorts

We don’t have amazon prime US so we are using Walmart grocery. Delivery is tomorrow night, so I’ll let you know how it goes. :)

The gift shop has 8-paks of 12oz bottles of Dasani for $3.99 which our preferred method when we don't need anything else.

Amazon Prime Now (requires a US Amazon Prime subscription); Instacart [shops at Publix, Whole Foods, CVS, others]. Both have delivery fees and may have minimum orders [or a higher delivery fee if don't meet minimum].

Turner Drugs (http://turnerdrug.com/). Has a delivery fee, but it is fairly low.

The WL Mercantile sells bottled water and I believe but am not sure they sell it by the case, too. But more expensive than in a normal store. They also have some snack items. Depending what you want and when you arrive, this may actually be the easiest and even cheapest option when all fees are taken into account.

We have used GG, Amazon Prime Now, and Turner Drugs and been pleased with each. Have also bought some grocery items from the Merchantile.

SW

We are staying in a BR 1 bedroom in August. I have been thinking about my room requests. I would be happy with a wood or pool view but don't want noise. Has anybody stayed there facing the bus depot? Can you here the noise of the buses while in the room with doors shut? I want to request close to main resort/lobby but worry that being on that side of the building may be louder....

We might just get them at the resort then. As far as disney prices go thats not bad for an 8 pack.
Note, they are the smaller bottles. Still, it worked for our last trip only dh had his bottle empty before we even hit the park. I'm like, well that totally defeated the purpose!

Note, they are the smaller bottles. Still, it worked for our last trip only dh had his bottle empty before we even hit the park. I'm like, well that totally defeated the purpose!

Update on Walmart grocery delivery - it worked, it was inexpensive ($8 delivery fee less a $10 coupon) but the delivery was third party and she did not understand delivery to bell Services. Luckily I was at whispering canyon so I just ran out and met her.

Yay! Booked WL CV for July 6-11. Originally planned on going for Thanksgiving, but my parents and my sister and her family are joining us (after years of begging them to come along) but they would only go for Free Dining. Ten of us in all; me, DH, DD 13. This is my parents' first time visit to WDW ever. Then my sister's family - she went with her older kids 8 years ago and never went back because that trip was a disaster from the start - we went April 2011 and it was raining the whole time, not like the daily Florida rain shower that you are thinking - I'm talking about like a hurricane kind of storm every single day for the whole week we were there. So needless to say she did not get the Disney Bug and just never went back unlike me who has a Disney addiction. But since then she's had 2 more kids and is giving it another try, so it'll be herself, her DH, DS 13, DS 7 and DD 4).

So my family LOVES WL so naturally we booked it again (3rd time here), my parents said they want to stay where I stay since I know the lay of the land so booked them CV also. Well my sister, who was not wanting to spend the extra money decided they would stay at Ft. Wilderness instead of WL with the rest of us. Well, after weeks of talking to her about it, I finally convinced her to switch from Ft. Wilderness to WL, but by this time it was all booked up so in the end she booked at Copper Creek . . . she got a Deluxe Studio for only an additional $162! Shouldn't have taken as much convincing as it did - in my opinion it was a no brainer!! For that little amount of extra money I told her she was insane not to upgrade there, better location, better pool, better resort.

I really want Nature View so I can watch the Fireworks, but one hasn't come up yet, never stayed in CV. I know I want to be on the 6th floor, so now I gotta pick out a room to request. Probably want one that over looks the pool and the lake - any suggestions? Just started looking on TP at the different room views . . . everyone else in my group doesn't care where their room is or what the view is . . . they just don't understand! o_O They all think I am crazy because I do care so much!

I got all the dining reservations made. They basically just told me to pick for everyone and that's where we will eat. So that's what I did. 'Ohana, BOG, Chef Mickey for the little kids, Rainforest Cafe, booked Hollywood and Vine, but I really don't care for it, so will probably change it to something else at HS, not sure yet. We don't usually eat there except for QS, didn't care for Sci-Fi either. Never ate Mama Melrose or Prime Time. Which would be a better choice??

Just wait until it's time for Fastpasses - - - - now that's going to be interesting. I pretty much know what my family wants, but I can't pick out everyone's because there are little kids, and my older parents who won't be able to ride all the same things as us and they will want mid-day breaks, where my family doesn't take them. We get there at Park Opening and stay til Park Closing every day! I have tried to tell them, but they don't get it. I plan with a spreadsheet for each day to keep up with FP and DDP. I think they all want to wing it, but I can't be with them all day every day. We will have to separate some so everyone can do what they want. Has anyone had to plan a trip for this many people who don't have a clue what they are getting into? I need some tips!

Thanks for letting me vent - any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!! 162 more days . . . .

Yay! Booked WL CV for July 6-11. Originally planned on going for Thanksgiving, but my parents and my sister and her family are joining us (after years of begging them to come along) but they would only go for Free Dining. Ten of us in all; me, DH, DD 13. This is my parents' first time visit to WDW ever. Then my sister's family - she went with her older kids 8 years ago and never went back because that trip was a disaster from the start - we went April 2011 and it was raining the whole time, not like the daily Florida rain shower that you are thinking - I'm talking about like a hurricane kind of storm every single day for the whole week we were there. So needless to say she did not get the Disney Bug and just never went back unlike me who has a Disney addiction. But since then she's had 2 more kids and is giving it another try, so it'll be herself, her DH, DS 13, DS 7 and DD 4).

So my family LOVES WL so naturally we booked it again (3rd time here), my parents said they want to stay where I stay since I know the lay of the land so booked them CV also. Well my sister, who was not wanting to spend the extra money decided they would stay at Ft. Wilderness instead of WL with the rest of us. Well, after weeks of talking to her about it, I finally convinced her to switch from Ft. Wilderness to WL, but by this time it was all booked up so in the end she booked at Copper Creek . . . she got a Deluxe Studio for only an additional $162! Shouldn't have taken as much convincing as it did - in my opinion it was a no brainer!! For that little amount of extra money I told her she was insane not to upgrade there, better location, better pool, better resort.

I really want Nature View so I can watch the Fireworks, but one hasn't come up yet, never stayed in CV. I know I want to be on the 6th floor, so now I gotta pick out a room to request. Probably want one that over looks the pool and the lake - any suggestions? Just started looking on TP at the different room views . . . everyone else in my group doesn't care where their room is or what the view is . . . they just don't understand! o_O They all think I am crazy because I do care so much!

I got all the dining reservations made. They basically just told me to pick for everyone and that's where we will eat. So that's what I did. 'Ohana, BOG, Chef Mickey for the little kids, Rainforest Cafe, booked Hollywood and Vine, but I really don't care for it, so will probably change it to something else at HS, not sure yet. We don't usually eat there except for QS, didn't care for Sci-Fi either. Never ate Mama Melrose or Prime Time. Which would be a better choice??

Just wait until it's time for Fastpasses - - - - now that's going to be interesting. I pretty much know what my family wants, but I can't pick out everyone's because there are little kids, and my older parents who won't be able to ride all the same things as us and they will want mid-day breaks, where my family doesn't take them. We get there at Park Opening and stay til Park Closing every day! I have tried to tell them, but they don't get it. I plan with a spreadsheet for each day to keep up with FP and DDP. I think they all want to wing it, but I can't be with them all day every day. We will have to separate some so everyone can do what they want. Has anyone had to plan a trip for this many people who don't have a clue what they are getting into? I need some tips!

Thanks for letting me vent - any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!! 162 more days . . . .
Congratulations, and as someone who also plans trips for fairly large groups, I know what you're going through, and going to go through. If everyone stays calm and is fairly easygoing it will be a lot easier, but we know that's not how it always happens.

You've accomplished the first task getting everyone together at a great resort. You might want to have "traveling with" notes on each reservation so that you all wind up somewhat close together, but it isn't a huge deal at WL, and you sister will be in the other wing anyway, but that's not a big deal. We dealt with having some of us in WL and the rest at CCV for our last trip and it was fine. Scheduling a time to meet in the lobby or at the bus stop worked well, just make sure everyone knows which place...

As for room requests that is one area where you really can over analyze it. Our choice for a Courtyard View room would be "open to lobby" to try to get a "Bear Face" room that opens to the lobby and has a balcony that faces straight toward Bay Lake. It would also be one of the closest WL rooms to CCV. Some complain about noise from the lobby and WCC, but you probably won't be napping in the room at dinner time so it shouldn't be an issue. If you get to "downgrade" to Nature or Standard view, our choice would be high floor, near the elevators. Our favorite view we've had was from room 6046, and the castle and fireworks view was spectacular, and we got it with a Standard View reservation. As always, your luck may vary.

10 people was the most we planned for on a trip, and we cheated since four of them did most of their planning on their own. We coordinated park days and tried for some overlapping ADR times, but it was nice for each family to have some flexibility. We routinely plan trips for 8 people where I do all of the ADRs and Fastpasses for everybody, and we generally plan on one big meal together each day, which everybody makes it to. I also usually make fastpasses for everyone, but it is rare that we all stay together long enough for everyone to use all of them, and that is ok. The members of the party who want to go do something different can cancel their fastpasses (if they want something else) or just let it be. Often Grandma will head back to the resort early or meet us at a park once we got there earlier. Not having too many ADRs for everyone in a day really helps keep it flexible, which keeps people happy and makes sure they can do what they want.

We don't tend to be all day park people, and that does help with flexibility. We are often just as happy walking around a resort or Disney Springs as we would be in a park. Some members of our party might prefer more park time, and they are free to stay in the parks, but in general once they see what else WDW has to offer they enjoy that too. I do have a planning spreadsheet that shows our planned parks and schedule, and I also make a .PDF that shows the key events (ADRs, Fastpasses, and park hours) for everybody and I send it out so they can have it on their phones. It is surprising how many times I answer the "What do we have planned for today?" question, but that's ok, at least they have the info if I'm not there to answer it.

For HS dining, I really don't have much to offer you. We often have done Hollywood and Vine and really didn't find it to be bad at all. I far preferred the food there to Chef Mickey's. We also did Sci Fi this last time and the food was ok, but the kids liked the atmosphere. Both Mama Melrose and 50's Prime time are on our short list for a future trip, and we'll probably give 50's Prime Time a try first.

Overall, enjoy it all, keep calm, and you will have a great trip. Realize that you can't control everything for everyone, and whether they have a good time is up to them in the end. Since they are at WDW and have a great set of things to do they should be fine. Don't worry though if people want to do their own thing, especially after a few days. Some like to shop, others prefer catching every possible ride. That's ok, you can all meet for a nice meal to discuss your great day.

So my family LOVES WL so naturally we booked it again (3rd time here), my parents said they want to stay where I stay since I know the lay of the land so booked them CV also. Well my sister, who was not wanting to spend the extra money decided they would stay at Ft. Wilderness instead of WL with the rest of us. Well, after weeks of talking to her about it, I finally convinced her to switch from Ft. Wilderness to WL, but by this time it was all booked up so in the end she booked at Copper Creek . . . she got a Deluxe Studio for only an additional $162! Shouldn't have taken as much convincing as it did - in my opinion it was a no brainer!! For that little amount of extra money I told her she was insane not to upgrade there, better location, better pool, better resort. . . . .
I hope she realizes that the CCV studio only sleeps four persons. If all of her children are going, they all count towards occupancy meaning she will have five persons. Unless one of her kids is going to share either your or your parent's rooms. CCV studios are pretty small and there is no space for a fifth person in the studio. She will not be able to book five in the studio and won't have access to the benefits of staying onsite for the fifth person either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter