Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious as I have read two different prices in this thread -

Some people have said $99 a night and others have said $99 per person per night. Can someone confirm which of these it is? I can do the $99 extra but I don't think we could eat $400 a night extra.
The CL add-on for regular resort rooms is $99 per night for the whole room.
Reunion Station for DVC guests staying in DVC accommodations has a per night, per person cost structure. $50 per adult, per night and $33 per child, per night.

The CL add-on for regular resort rooms is $99 per night for the whole room.
Reunion Station for DVC guests staying in DVC accommodations has a per night, per person cost structure. $50 per adult, per night and $33 per child, per night.
Do we just ask at checkin if it’s available? Is it a room upgrade too or just access to the lounge?

Do we just ask at checkin if it’s available? Is it a room upgrade too or just access to the lounge?
You just ask at check-in and if there is availability, they give you lounge access. It is not a room upgrade or anything. @ariane37 even noted she did not receive the traditional CL chocolates you would receive when booking an actual CL room. You will still have your standard/courtyard/nature view room on any floor of the building.

We are celebrating the return of Mickey waffles with toppings to Roaring Fork! These are a staple on our trips and we have missed them since the latest refurbishment. Now you can get all the topppngs on one set of waffles!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...at-disneys-wilderness-lodge-with-a-big-twist/
Oh good night! This will definitely be on my radar! Forget breakfast at WCC......I'm getting these both mornings of our stay in September.....and probably in December too!

Kind of a dumb question but as far as the nature view rooms that are right off of the lobby - don’t they also have a view of the service area? Looking at the Touring Plans room finder makes it seem as though they would?

Kind of a dumb question but as far as the nature view rooms that are right off of the lobby - don’t they also have a view of the service area? Looking at the Touring Plans room finder makes it seem as though they would?

The service area is below rooms x042 to x066, in that middle section of the wing. The lobby rooms (above WCC) overlook a wooded area that the road to the service area goes around. Both sections only have rooms on the 4th floor or above, so they aren't super close to the service area. The rooms that open to the lobby are shifted to the South and have no view of the service area.

Here's the view from room 4081, the lowest and closest room to the loading area that opens to the lobby, and you can see it is quite wooded. (This is from August 2017).

The service area is below rooms x042 to x066, in that middle section of the wing. The lobby rooms (above WCC) overlook a wooded area that the road to the service area goes around. Both sections only have rooms on the 4th floor or above, so they aren't super close to the service area. The rooms that open to the lobby are shifted to the South and have no view of the service area.

Here's the view from room 4081, the lowest and closest room to the loading area that opens to the lobby, and you can see it is quite wooded. (This is from August 2017).
Thank you for the info! :)

We have been in three different rooms that overlooked the lobby and all of them had a view of the trees. You could see the cast member parking lot and part of the main drive if you looked to the left. The rooms are looking at the same view that you see out the window of Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We like the lobby view rooms so much that we are hoping to get one for our trip next month. :)

We decided to add two days to our February trip and there wasn't any availability for a discounted room at WL. But I found a passholder discount at our other favorite resort, the Beach Club. DH doesn't like split stays but it was the only way to make the trip a little longer. :)

Last edited:
We have been in three different rooms that overlooked the lobby and all of them had a view of the trees. You could see the cast member parking lot and part of the main drive if you looked to the left. The rooms are looking at the same view that you see out the window of Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We like the lobby view rooms so much that we are hoping to get one for our trip next month. :)

We decided to add two days to our February trip and there wasn't any availability for a discounted room at WL. But I found a passholder discount at our other favorite resort, the Beach Club. DH doesn't like split stays but it was the only way to make the trip a little longer. :)
Sounds like it will be a great trip. Getting to stay at both of your favorite resorts will be great, and dealing with the split isn't as bad when it means you get to extend the trip to be longer, rather than breaking up an existing trip into smaller portions. It's too bad the 1 Bedroom Villa at Copper Creek didn't work out, but the Woods View room will be great and having the ability to add CL access (hopefully) should be really nice and you'll be in the same beautiful building.

We aren't doing the Beach Club split this year, but it is on our very short list of desirable split stays. :)

Last edited:
DH really wants to stay at WL again on a short trip we are planning in August. I love WL, but I’m nervous staying off the monorail with a double stroller. I remember being able to roll our single stroller right on the boat to MK the last time we stayed at WL. Can we do the same with a double? We have 3 kids under 5, so someone is usually passed out in the stroller when we head back to our resort.
The new pool area looks amazing, so I’d love to stay again, but I’m not sure if it’ll fit our families needs yet with 3 young kids. How easy will it be to navigate the ferry to MK with our double stroller?

DH really wants to stay at WL again on a short trip we are planning in August. I love WL, but I’m nervous staying off the monorail with a double stroller. I remember being able to roll our single stroller right on the boat to MK the last time we stayed at WL. Can we do the same with a double? We have 3 kids under 5, so someone is usually passed out in the stroller when we head back to our resort.
The new pool area looks amazing, so I’d love to stay again, but I’m not sure if it’ll fit our families needs yet with 3 young kids. How easy will it be to navigate the ferry to MK with our double stroller?
You won't have any trouble rolling your double wide stroller onto the large boat. It has a wide doorway. :) The resort boats alternate between the smaller launch that will require you to fold the stroller and the larger launch that is used by ECV's and strollers that are rolled on the boat.

Are they doing room refurbs now at the Lodge? When we were there in August they were supposedly starting in 6 weeks, but I've read nothing about it actually happening. If they have what are they actually doing to the rooms?

TIA!

Last edited:
Checking in soon, only 2 days to go. I'm so nervous! I feel like I was more excited at the 180d mark than I am right now. Any advice on how to relax and just be excited?!! :)

When I've been nervous, it's usually that I'm worried about everything working out beautifully according to plan. When I step back and remember that I need to be open to enjoying WHATEVER happens, whatever we do get to experience, and not worry about meeting particular expectations, I relax and let it happen. Just going on vacation to a fun and beautiful place is reason enough to be VERY excited and positive!!!
Have a great time! :flower1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter