Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a DVC member, you can book Reunion Station!
Last month we had breakfast at Whispering Canyon and afterward we took a walk around the place. The CM at Reunion Station was very sweet in explaining it and I think she even gave us a brochure. We are new DVC members and wont have our first DVC stay until May, which ironically will be at BWV :confused3 for Food and :drinking1. We may think about Reunion Station in Dec when we will be taking our son's family (it'll be our then 15 mo old granddaughter's first WDW trip)!

Thanks! Sounds like you've stayed club level at WL. If so, did you enjoy it? Does it compare favorably with other resorts club level experiences? I haven't been lucky enough to stay yet,
Just want to add that we've stayed CL at WL twice and absolutely love it! We were also upgraded to club at GF back in Sept. Club there is awesome and the lounge is beautiful; but we actually prefer the club at WL :)

Also, the CMs working in the Lounge are awesome!
I second this! My DH spent quite a few hours talking with Jay on our last stay there and it was like they were old friends lol.

To clarify this - you would still be in your regular room, on a floor lower than 7, but have access to the 7th floor for food/drink/lounge etc. Correct?
Yes. This is what we actually did in Nov. because club wasn't available; we added it on at check-in. We were on the 5th floor. It really wasn't bad at all not being on the 7th floor (which we were on when we'd stayed club previously).

Last month we had breakfast at Whispering Canyon and afterward we took a walk around the place. The CM at Reunion Station was very sweet in explaining it and I think she even gave us a brochure. We are new DVC members and wont have our first DVC stay until May, which ironically will be at BWV :confused3 for Food and :drinking1. We may think about Reunion Station in Dec when we will be taking our son's family (it'll be our then 15 mo old granddaughter's first WDW trip)!

We took a tour in November as well. It’s beautiful, and more than anything I wanted to use it a couple days. But - for what they are charging, vs. what they give you (food and time wise), it’s just not worth it. I was assured they were making changes... patiently waiting.

Just want to add that we've stayed CL at WL twice and absolutely love it! We were also upgraded to club at GF back in Sept. Club there is awesome and the lounge is beautiful; but we actually prefer the club at WL :)
I second this! My DH spent quite a few hours talking with Jay on our last stay there and it was like they were old friends lol.

Yes. This is what we actually did in Nov. because club wasn't available; we added it on at check-in. We were on the 5th floor. It really wasn't bad at all not being on the 7th floor (which we were on when we'd stayed club previously).

Thank you to everyone for all the great responses. As much as I might love the open balcony, I would be traveling with my 92 year old mom, and pushing her in a wheelchair. Based on all the positive comments, I just booked a standard club level room for Dec. 7-12. Fingers crossed that my mom will be able to travel.

Hello, my DH surprised us at Christmas with a Disney trip for Halloween-best Christmas gift ever! This will be our second stay at the Wilderness Lodge and I can't wait. He reserved a courtyard room again because we loved our first room so much. However we were on the side that is now the CCV, so we will be on the other side this time. For some reason he thought that getting a bunk bed room would be good this time. He said the top bunk would be a place to store things and keep them out of the way. My DS will be 12 when we go and he is pretty easy and is fine with sleeping in bunk beds. My question is what is a good room to get that does not have the dormer balcony? I know there are not too many bunk bed courtyard rooms and I am wondering if we should change the reservation to a regular courtyard room without the bunk beds. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just curious, when you were upgraded to CL at GF had you made any room requests???

We decided to switch to a Nature view room and hopefully add CL when we check in. We love the rooms that overlook the lobby and it will work out better than staying in a villa at Copper Creek. :) Our dates are Feb 23-27 - only six more weeks.

How late does the boat between CR and WL run?

What is the best way to get to Poly for a 7:30 am ADR ( from WL)? We enjoy the boats but figure a Minnie Van is probably going to be the best choice so early in the morning.
We had a room overlooking the boat dock back in September and the boat to the Contemporary ran perfectly on schedule. It arrived around 6:30am and left at 6:45am. You would be at the Contemporary in about five minutes. It wouldn't take long to get to the Polynesian via the monorail.)

This is what we actually did in Nov. because club wasn't available; we added it on at check-in. We were on the 5th floor. It really wasn't bad at all not being on the 7th floor (which we were on when we'd stayed club previously).
Did you have trouble adding on CL when you checked in? We are really hoping to do this next month. Did it include any of the other perks of club level, such as night time turn down service? I really only want the chocolates. ;)

Hello, my DH surprised us at Christmas with a Disney trip for Halloween-best Christmas gift ever! This will be our second stay at the Wilderness Lodge and I can't wait. He reserved a courtyard room again because we loved our first room so much. However we were on the side that is now the CCV, so we will be on the other side this time. For some reason he thought that getting a bunk bed room would be good this time. He said the top bunk would be a place to store things and keep them out of the way. My DS will be 12 when we go and he is pretty easy and is fine with sleeping in bunk beds. My question is what is a good room to get that does not have the dormer balcony? I know there are not too many bunk bed courtyard rooms and I am wondering if we should change the reservation to a regular courtyard room without the bunk beds. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A regular courtyard view room costs less than a bunkbed room. There are only a few rooms per floor so you would just request a room with an open balcony if you want to avoid the dormer balcony. There is a little more floor space in a bunkbed room but the rooms look kind of dark and closed in with the huge bunkbed. I would prefer a regular room if there were only three people staying in the room.

Did you have trouble adding on CL when you checked in? We are really hoping to do this next month. Did it include any of the other perks of club level, such as night time turn down service? I really only want the chocolates. ;)
Hi Sue, Happy New Year! Other than it taking a bit of time for them to get our bands to access the lounge, no not a problem at all :) No turn down service or chocolates unfortunately, so unless they just forgot about us I believe adding Club is basically adding use of the lounge.

Hi Sue, Happy New Year! Other than it taking a bit of time for them to get our bands to access the lounge, no not a problem at all :) No turn down service or chocolates unfortunately, so unless they just forgot about us I believe adding Club is basically adding use of the lounge.
Thanks for the quick answer. I didn't think it included chocolates. But I do hope that they don't look at me like I have two heads when I ask if we can add the CL access at check in. :)

Thanks for the quick answer. I didn't think it included chocolates. But I do hope that they don't look at me like I have two heads when I ask if we can add the CL access at check in. :)

Hi. We added CL at check in last fall and the CM had no problem adding it on. When I mentioned how nice it was to be able to add it on she mentioned it was possible due to so many rooms turning into villas. She also said adding the CL was also based on availability. Apparently they do limit number of guests who can add CL.
We did not get turn down service or receive chocolates but I think you could just ask and they would give you chocolates.

Super excited say we are headed back to the Lodge the beginning of june. Starting off at the Grand Floridian for one night to make up for a cursed trip at the Poly 3 years ago.
I have a nature view booked. Should I ask for North Wing upper floor? We had a pretty good view of wishes from a standard room in that location 3 years ago.

If you don't mind my asking, how much was it to add it at checkin? I'm toying with the idea and I think it would be easier to make a decision if I had an idea roughly of how much it would cost.

Thank you! We haven’t been to the lodge in about 5 years. . Our last trip we stayed at Poly not it was not magical. We are excited to be back in the place that makes us feel at home.
Our last time STAYING at WL had to have been when it first opened.....and we stayed in what is now CCV! How fitting that we make it full circle and buy into CCV! Can't wait to be back!

Just curious as I have read two different prices in this thread -

Some people have said $99 a night and others have said $99 per person per night. Can someone confirm which of these it is? I can do the $99 extra but I don't think we could eat $400 a night extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter