Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again Sue.

I just showed dh your pix. He kept saying he wouldn't stay at wl (too dark)but has learned after our last bwi stay that sometimes a non gf room can work lol.

He :laughing: about that alligator towel !

He says it looks nice and is now looking forward to our stay.
I opened every one of the windows in the room every day to get as much light as possible in it. The bedroom windows faced south-ish so there was some good light in there. Our room was on the 4th floor which was perfect because it had an open balcony and all those windows. I think the other floors might have less light.

We’ll be staying at WL in just three weeks for our first visit to this resort- we can’t wait! We plan to enjoy a relaxing day at the resort on our third day before heading to MVMCP late afternoon. I hope to use two QS credits that day- breakfast at Roaring Fork and a late lunch at Geyser Point. Those would be our two QS options at the resort, correct? Where do we order at GP if we want to take our food to our chairs at the pool? Thanks!

We’ll be staying at WL in just three weeks for our first visit to this resort- we can’t wait! We plan to enjoy a relaxing day at the resort on our third day before heading to MVMCP late afternoon. I hope to use two QS credits that day- breakfast at Roaring Fork and a late lunch at Geyser Point. Those would be our two QS options at the resort, correct? Where do we order at GP if we want to take our food to our chairs at the pool? Thanks!
There is a quick service counter at Geyser Point where you can use your qs credits and take your food to the pool. Roaring Forks is the other place that you can use your dining credits. ;)

We are thinking of booking a short 4- night stay here next December. Before I go ahead and book it, can someone tell me if the WL is due for a refurb? I feel like I read once that rooms were getting refurbished, but now I can’t seem to find anything about it. Thanks!

We are thinking of booking a short 4- night stay here next December. Before I go ahead and book it, can someone tell me if the WL is due for a refurb? I feel like I read once that rooms were getting refurbished, but now I can’t seem to find anything about it. Thanks!

The refurb planned to begin October 2018 has been pushed into 2019. At this time, there is no definitive information on the start date (my DD works at WL and has not heard "when" it will begin yet).

The refurb planned to begin October 2018 has been pushed into 2019. At this time, there is no definitive information on the start date (my DD works at WL and has not heard "when" it will begin yet).
I was so worried that it would be during our visit in May 2019!!! Hopefully it wont be to bad.​

I was so worried that it would be during our visit in May 2019!!! Hopefully it wont be to bad.​

Don't worry! Unless they change the plan when they begin the refurb, you shouldn't be inconvenienced at all. They're going to work from the top down, closing off 2 floors at a time -- the upper floor they're working on and the next floor down so as not to inconvenience guests.

Now as to when they will start...... that's anybody's guess at this point! ;)

Don't worry! Unless they change the plan when they begin the refurb, you shouldn't be inconvenienced at all. They're going to work from the top down, closing off 2 floors at a time -- the upper floor they're working on and the next floor down so as not to inconvenience guests.

Now as to when they will start...... that's anybody's guess at this point! ;)

Any word on:

- when they expect to FINISH the renovations ? or once they start how long they expect it will take to do them all ?

- what they will be doing ? e.g. paint, new mattresses, replace carpet with laminate flooring ?

Thanks.

SW

Any word on:

- when they expect to FINISH the renovations ? or once they start how long they expect it will take to do them all ?

- what they will be doing ? e.g. paint, new mattresses, replace carpet with laminate flooring ?

Thanks.

SW

We never heard how long the refurb was expected to last or exactly what was being done with the flooring, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the laminate flooring post-refurbishment.

We never heard how long the refurb was expected to last or exactly what was being done with the flooring, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the laminate flooring post-refurbishment.
I really like the current carpet, but I imagine the changes will mirror CCV and it would be laminate like you mentioned.

I really like the current carpet, but I imagine the changes will mirror CCV and it would be laminate like you mentioned.

I think we have to get used to it -- the laminate flooring. I'm starting to see it in many of the non-Disney hotels I stay in. :confused3

We are just back from 6 nights at the WL. It was our first stay there and we loved it! We had Nature View booked and we ended up in room 6030 with a perfect view of the MK castle, the monorail and the Contemporary. We watched the Electrical Water Pageant ride by and could listen to it (but not see the whole thing) from our balcony. We were located right near the elevators on that side of the building (Near Roaring Fork) and thought it was so convenient to get to Roaring Fork, the pool, and the boat. We had a little hike to the bus but it wasn't longer than about 5-7 minutes (depending on how quickly the elevator was running). We used the boats, the buses and using Uber/Lyft a couple of times as well. The decorations weren't up as of 11/13 but they did have the holiday mugs at RF. They were located behind the counter though and not out. We asked and they magically took them out from a bin back there. We found the resort to be super enjoyable and hope to get back there again soon! Let me know if you have any questions!

We are just back from 6 nights at the WL. It was our first stay there and we loved it! We had Nature View booked and we ended up in room 6030 with a perfect view of the MK castle, the monorail and the Contemporary. We watched the Electrical Water Pageant ride by and could listen to it (but not see the whole thing) from our balcony. We were located right near the elevators on that side of the building (Near Roaring Fork) and thought it was so convenient to get to Roaring Fork, the pool, and the boat. We had a little hike to the bus but it wasn't longer than about 5-7 minutes (depending on how quickly the elevator was running). We used the boats, the buses and using Uber/Lyft a couple of times as well. The decorations weren't up as of 11/13 but they did have the holiday mugs at RF. They were located behind the counter though and not out. We asked and they magically took them out from a bin back there. We found the resort to be super enjoyable and hope to get back there again soon! Let me know if you have any questions!

Might be a weird question but if you got a burger or sandwich, what were the side options they offered? They don't actually list them on the official menu online and my friend going with us asked me because she's following a keto diet.

Might be a weird question but if you got a burger or sandwich, what were the side options they offered? They don't actually list them on the official menu online and my friend going with us asked me because she's following a keto diet.

I can't answer your question, and I don't know anything about the keto diet. (Wow, this is going to be a helpful answer!)

I do know that one night I took the boat over to the Contemporary and ate at Contempo Cafe. I got the kids' hamburger which was supposed to come with grapes and carrot sticks. They let me take 2 packs of carrot sticks instead of the grapes. So don't be afraid to ask for a side which is different from what you see included on the menu. Also, if you don't want the sides at all, don't be afraid to ask if you can get just the burger or sandwich without the side, at a cheaper price.

I can't answer your question, and I don't know anything about the keto diet. (Wow, this is going to be a helpful answer!)

I do know that one night I took the boat over to the Contemporary and ate at Contempo Cafe. I got the kids' hamburger which was supposed to come with grapes and carrot sticks. They let me take 2 packs of carrot sticks instead of the grapes. So don't be afraid to ask for a side which is different from what you see included on the menu. Also, if you don't want the sides at all, don't be afraid to ask if you can get just the burger or sandwich without the side, at a cheaper price.

Yeah keto is basically no grains or starches edit: mainly no/low sugar! So good to know she can either forgo sides or ask for something else instead.

Yeah keto is basically no grains or starches edit: mainly no/low sugar! So good to know she can either forgo sides or ask for something else instead.

I follow keto and never have an issue. Just tell whomever that you are no sugar/low carb and they have options. Disney is the best place for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter