Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the rooms like that so I can be sure to stay away!
The standard view rooms closest to the lobby are the ones that you want if you don’t want to hear the Electric Water Pageant. We had a room overlooking the lobby and couldn’t hear it at all.

Last edited:
Hello, we are travelling with my son, daughter in law and 2 granddaughters from the U.K to WL in May. We have not stayed in Disney resort hotel before and as it may be the last time my husband and I visit “the magic” we would like this to be special.
We have booked 2 courtyard rooms and would love rooms with a nice balcony view ( we like to spend time relaxing on the balcony) and rooms not too noisy or too far away from main lobby or pools. I realise that is a lot to ask for! Any suggestions for room numbers, positions that I could request? Do you think they will be kind enough to put the rooms next to each other?
Do you think the new hotel building work will have started and will impact on our stay?
Many thanks for any help received.

Any suggestions for room numbers, positions that I could request? Do you think they will be kind enough to put the rooms next to each other?
The resort is compact so none of the rooms would be really far from the lobby. The quietest courtyard view rooms would be the upper courtyard rooms that are closest to the lobby. The rooms closer to the main pool would have better views, but would be farther from the lobby and noisier from the afternoon pool parties. You can request rooms close to each other and they will do their best if your reservations indicate that you are traveling together.

Do you think the new hotel building work will have started and will impact on our stay?
The proposed construction site for the new resort is far enough away that you won't hear any noise, especially in a courtyard room. There is a lot of work that would need to be done just to prepare the land. When they added the cabins, Geyser Point and the new villas pool to the Wilderness Lodge they spent a very long time adding tons of sand to the marshy soil to get it ready for construction.

Hello, we are travelling with my son, daughter in law and 2 granddaughters from the U.K to WL in May. We have not stayed in Disney resort hotel before and as it may be the last time my husband and I visit “the magic” we would like this to be special.
We have booked 2 courtyard rooms and would love rooms with a nice balcony view ( we like to spend time relaxing on the balcony) and rooms not too noisy or too far away from main lobby or pools. I realise that is a lot to ask for! Any suggestions for room numbers, positions that I could request? Do you think they will be kind enough to put the rooms next to each other?
Many thanks for any help received.
Call and request connecting or adjoining rooms. Then say on some floor at the least.

Just got back from a week at Copper Creek Cabins. Had an amazing time and really loved staying in the cabins. Here is a few things that we enjoyed:

• Viewing the MK fireworks from our screened in porch and having the music piped in through the speakers.
  • Viewing the Hallowishes fireworks from our screened in porch and having the music piped in through the speakers.
  • Soaking in our private hot tub after a long day of walking at the parks.
  • Great views of the Electric Light Parade on the lake in front of our cabin.
  • Enjoying the views of the lake in the morning as we are waking up and getting ready for our day at the parks.
  • Large master bathroom with a large walk in shower and TV in the mirror to watch while you are getting ready for the day.
  • Automatic blinds to help close the main and dining room up at night for sleeping.

Just got back from a week at Copper Creek Cabins. Had an amazing time and really loved staying in the cabins. Here is a few things that we enjoyed:

• Viewing the MK fireworks from our screened in porch and having the music piped in through the speakers.
  • Viewing the Hallowishes fireworks from our screened in porch and having the music piped in through the speakers.
  • Enjoying the views of the lake in the morning as we are waking up and getting ready for our day at the parks.
  • Large master bathroom with a large walk in shower and TV in the mirror to watch while you are getting ready for the day.
  • Automatic blinds to help close the main and dining room up at night for sleeping.
Would love to stay in one of these sometime! Glad you had a good experience. :)

Is the hot tub always on? Or do you have to turn it on when you want to heat the water? If you have to turn it on, how long does it take to heat? Many times I’ve thought about taking a hot bath after a long day but it takes too long to fill those big tubs in the villas!

Is the hot tub always on? Or do you have to turn it on when you want to heat the water? If you have to turn it on, how long does it take to heat? Many times I’ve thought about taking a hot bath after a long day but it takes too long to fill those big tubs in the villas!

The hot tub was always hot and full. If you wanted the jets you had to turn that on but it was always ready when we got back to the cabin.

I think I have now had every possible room view booked for my April vacation since I keep changing it every time a discount comes out due to availability, currently booked the AP rate in a Courtyard view room.

I booked 4 out of 5 nights for my stay at Copper Creek next spring. I am a little nervous, I got Sun-Mon-Tues and Thursday nights. Waitlist for Wednesday. ARGHH. Fingers crossed. I will probably book a back up at WL for the one night. It seems like 1 night waitlistss are fairly successful...... (I need May 1).

I own at WL BR, which is all booked up, so I grabbed the CC for the nights it was there, and hope for the best. I love the Lodge! We also have a stay booked at BR in mid January.

1 week to go! We are booked in a Nature view room - Hoping for a MK view to see the fireworks :-) Just can't wait! We arrive at night so I'm hoping to watch HEA from the beach at Geyser Point our first night. Any idea how busy that area is? Do they pipe the music in there? Is there a better spot to watch them? I just feel like it would be a great start to our vacation! SO excited!

1 week to go! We are booked in a Nature view room - Hoping for a MK view to see the fireworks :-) Just can't wait! We arrive at night so I'm hoping to watch HEA from the beach at Geyser Point our first night. Any idea how busy that area is? Do they pipe the music in there? Is there a better spot to watch them? I just feel like it would be a great start to our vacation! SO excited!
It isn't crowded at the spot in front of Geyser Point. There will be people there but there is plenty of room for everyone. This is the best spot to watch the fireworks if you want to hear the music. If you want a better view of the fireworks but don't care about the music then the hallway window closest to the north wing elevator on the 4th, 5th or 6th floors will give you a fantastic view. You'll even be able to see the castle change colors. :)

The resort is compact so none of the rooms would be really far from the lobby. The quietest courtyard view rooms would be the upper courtyard rooms that are closest to the lobby. The rooms closer to the main pool would have better views, but would be farther from the lobby and noisier from the afternoon pool parties. You can request rooms close to each other and they will do their best if your reservations indicate that you are traveling together.

The proposed construction site for the new resort is far enough away that you won't hear any noise, especially in a courtyard room. There is a lot of work that would need to be done just to prepare the land. When they added the cabins, Geyser Point and the new villas pool to the Wilderness Lodge they spent a very long time adding tons of sand to the marshy soil to get it ready for construction.
Thank you for your help! Do you think it is best to call the hotel or send an email? Now or a few weeks before our arrival date?

Thank you for your help! Do you think it is best to call the hotel or send an email? Now or a few weeks before our arrival date?
The best way to do it is to call resort reservations and have the two rooms connected as traveling together. We have done that for three different trips and have had rooms near each other every time.

It isn't crowded at the spot in front of Geyser Point. There will be people there but there is plenty of room for everyone. This is the best spot to watch the fireworks if you want to hear the music. If you want a better view of the fireworks but don't care about the music then the hallway window closest to the north wing elevator on the 4th, 5th or 6th floors will give you a fantastic view. You'll even be able to see the castle change colors. :)

Thank you so much for this!! I'll make note of that location! :-) SO EXCITED!

I booked 4 out of 5 nights for my stay at Copper Creek next spring. I am a little nervous, I got Sun-Mon-Tues and Thursday nights. Waitlist for Wednesday. ARGHH. Fingers crossed. I will probably book a back up at WL for the one night. It seems like 1 night waitlistss are fairly successful...... (I need May 1).

I own at WL BR, which is all booked up, so I grabbed the CC for the nights it was there, and hope for the best. I love the Lodge! We also have a stay booked at BR in mid January.
One night WL shouldn't be too hard to get. But you might try stalking the RAT every day to see if your night comes through. Then book it and ask MS to join your reservations.

The standard view rooms closest to the lobby are the ones that you want if you don’t want to hear the Electric Water Pageant. We had a room overlooking the lobby and couldn’t hear it at all.
But we could hear Whispering Canyon noise in the evening in our room over lobby. And we had a high floor. Although it didn’t bother me. With tv on it’s not as noticeable. If I had a choice I’d rather hear EWP!

But we could hear Whispering Canyon noise in the evening in our room over lobby. And we had a high floor. Although it didn’t bother me. With tv on it’s not as noticeable. If I had a choice I’d rather hear EWP!
We have had a room over WCC and the noise usually stopped by 10 pm. The mornings are quiet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts