Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just double checking - I've read the cake board but I just want to be sure - My daughter's birthday is during our trip to WL. We can call in-room dining to order a basic cake right? Does anyone know how early I have to do that?

Also keep in mind that there are cupcakes in the grab and go part of Roaring Forks restaurant, if you want a more flexible alternative to ordering a cake. (There are cupcakes in every theme park and probably at every hotel.)

We are going to WL for the 2nd time in March. Last time we had a nice Courtyard view. This time we have a woods view. If we want to be able to see fireworks from our balcony, what should I request? Upper floor & facing MK? Thank you

We are going to WL for the 2nd time in March. Last time we had a nice Courtyard view. This time we have a woods view. If we want to be able to see fireworks from our balcony, what should I request? Upper floor & facing MK? Thank you
Just to let you know, this is now a booking category. You can still make the request of course, just not as likely to get it unless you booked Fireworks Nature View

Staying @ WL now.

1. Room is extremely clean for a Disney hotel room. No mildew, no dust, no weird musty smells. No bugs on balcony!
2. Nightly lake light/music parade is extremely loud even with door closed.
3. Roaring Forks food is quite good for CS.
4. Room still has mini H2O toiletries, standard room: body wash, shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, mouth wash & solar relief gel.
5. Room does NOT look like it needs refurbished. Our carpet looks new??
6. Love the analog thermostat & ceiling fan!
7. T0uringplans lists some rooms with no connecting room--but they do have a connecting door--namely ours.
8. Connecting rooms are loud!

Stayed at WL for the first time, about 2 weeks ago- wow, we were impressed! It was just a mom/daughter trip (we left dad & brother home) for MNSSHP, and we had booked a standard courtyard room. Upon checking in, we were notified that we had been pixie dusted an upgrade two a 2 bedroom villa in Boulder Ridge (one of the true 2 bedroom villas, per a CM). Talk about gorgeous- and TONS of space! We absolutely loved this resort. Can't wait to stay here again in the future. Definitely recommend this place to all families! Loved the lake & boat access to MK, too!

Staying @ WL now.

1. Room is extremely clean for a Disney hotel room. No mildew, no dust, no weird musty smells. No bugs on balcony!
2. Nightly lake light/music parade is extremely loud even with door closed.
3. Roaring Forks food is quite good for CS.
4. Room still has mini H2O toiletries, standard room: body wash, shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, mouth wash & solar relief gel.
5. Room does NOT look like it needs refurbished. Our carpet looks new??
6. Love the analog thermostat & ceiling fan!
7. T0uringplans lists some rooms with no connecting room--but they do have a connecting door--namely ours.
8. Connecting rooms are loud!
You must have been really close to the lake. I’ve had rooms facing Villas pool, Courtyard pool, Inner Courtyard, and in Sept had room in lobby area and never heard Parade that loudly anywhere.
Sorry you had a loud family next to you. Not fun. I’ve put rolled towels in between doors.

You must have been really close to the lake. I’ve had rooms facing Villas pool, Courtyard pool, Inner Courtyard, and in Sept had room in lobby area and never heard Parade that loudly anywhere.

I was in the Copper Creek part of Wilderness Lodge in August. I heard what I assumed was the Electrical Water Pageant every night. It was very loud, which surprised me because it was late enough that young people (and exhausted not-so-young people) might have been trying to sleep.

I was in the Copper Creek part of Wilderness Lodge in August. I heard what I assumed was the Electrical Water Pageant every night. It was very loud, which surprised me because it was late enough that young people (and exhausted not-so-young people) might have been trying to sleep.
Yes, the water pageant is really loud! I’ve never heard it staying at WL, but it has definitely woken me up (or kept both DD and me awake) when we’ve stayed at other MK resorts.

Our first WL stay years ago we were in what is now Copper Creek. We had a view of the old Villas pool. Loved that room view as you could also see the lake too, and it was quiet. :confused3 Maybe I need my hearing checked, lol. I never thought it was very loud in any location. This visit late Aug/ early Sept our room was over the Lobby area so def didn’t hear Parade. Some noise from Whispering Canyon but wasn’t bad. We were in last 2 rooms at the end of hall.

We heard it very loudly the second time it came around after being near the Magic Kingdom ( 10:30 pm) not when it was outside near the boat dock at 9:40ish

Odd we had first floor CCV pool view last November and never heard it even once. We do bring white noise machines though. They help immensely.

Yes, the water pageant is really loud! I’ve never heard it staying at WL, but it has definitely woken me up (or kept both DD and me awake) when we’ve stayed at other MK resorts.
Times we have stayed at GFV and BRV, we have heard the water parade through closed windows/doors. At GFV, we couldn't even see the water parade, but it was still easy to hear. When we stayed at BLT and were inside the C, we could hear the MK fireworks and the water parade.

We too have always heard the EBP in the room when staying in a Courtyard view room at WL. We did not ever hear it when staying in one of the Woods/MK facing rooms.
I assume the Courtyard facing rooms hear it because the shape of the resort traps the sound in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter