Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that it is $99 per night, not per person. And it would be for the entire stay.
Ohh, wait, the Club Level “add on” is per room/night for the $99, not per person? That would probably be a worthwhile add for our quick stay in a few weeks for our group of five! Might have to look in to doing that...

For our trip next month we're starting out at SSR and we were then doing our last 3 nights at CSR, but as of today those last 3 nights will be back at the WL, my most favorite resort :love: I'm beyond excited! Both stays I already have booked for 2019 are also at the Lodge, I will never ever get tired of staying there!

Nov. 22-25 2018
May 2-6 2019
Oct. 23-28, 2019 :goodvibes

Just in case you missed it, starting yesterday, 10/9, "Dan's Dad" reports that WL is in the process of replacing individual mini toiletries with communal shower dispensers.

Knew it was coming but very disappointing--more toiletries to pack now...

Just in case you missed it, starting yesterday, 10/9, "Dan's Dad" reports that WL is in the process of replacing individual mini toiletries with communal shower dispensers.

Seems like they would have waited until the room rehab begins.

The bed and (surprisingly) the murphy bad mattress was fine at BRV last month, but the sofa bed was pretty rough.

The bed and (surprisingly) the murphy bad mattress was fine at BRV last month, but the sofa bed was pretty rough.
Sitting on the sofa is pretty rough. Also the chair in the living room and the chair ibn the bedroom. I think they purchase furniture for kids, not older adults.

I’ve always taken the boat to MK from WL, but I’ve seen people mention that the bus is faster. Is the bus actually faster? Does it stop at other resorts too, like FW?

I’ve always taken the boat to MK from WL, but I’ve seen people mention that the bus is faster. Is the bus actually faster? Does it stop at other resorts too, like FW?

In our experience the bus to MK is direct. Average time is 5-6 minutes. So yes, faster than the boat. Bus to other destinations is direct in the mornings and stops at Fort Wilderness most of the rest of the day.

In our experience the bus to MK is direct. Average time is 5-6 minutes. So yes, faster than the boat. Bus to other destinations is direct in the mornings and stops at Fort Wilderness most of the rest of the day.

Thanks! It's nice to take the boat, but we've waited a long time for a boat post-fireworks so it's good to know about this as an alternative.

I took the bus to MK around 5:30 pm. I took the bus from MK to Wilderness Lodge at various times in the afternoon and at about midnight on night of Halloween party. Always fast ride, never shared, always arrived quickly when waiting at Wilderness Lodge. I would only take the boat if you are in the mood for a boat ride. If you just want transportation, use the bus.

I have booked a standard view and requested to be by the elevators what sort of view am I going to get? I have heard some might see the fireworks?

As of today, we are booked for September 15th-21st 2019. I'm so excited. It will be my first stay at Wilderness Lodge. I absolutely fell in love with WL when we ate at Whispering Canyon back in 2008 and never thought I'd actually get to stay here. This is a 25th anniversary trip for my husband and I so we decided to splurge.

I have booked a standard view and requested to be by the elevators what sort of view am I going to get? I have heard some might see the fireworks?
The upper floor rooms near the elevator have a great fireworks view. You want fourth floor and higher. :)
Thank You!!!

I have finally resized the pictures from our trip last month. We stayed in deluxe room 4003 and really enjoyed it. This room turned into a last minute splurge when we had to change our trip dates with two weeks notice. We had originally booked this trip back in October 2017 with the bounce back room only offer. We had a nice courtyard view room with a 30% discount for our trip dates Sept 19 to 23rd. But we had to change our trip dates to one week earlier and the only room available with a discount was a deluxe room with a 35% off passholder discount. DH really wanted to stay club level and using Disney math in which a Nature view room at rack rate plus lower airfare for the new dates made the switch to a deluxe room worth the upgrade. :)

My only concern with the deluxe rooms was not the distance to the Old Faithful Club. We knew that we would use the stairs to go to the boats, pools or Geyser Point and we could stop at the lounge before or after using the buses. But I was worried about what floor we would be on. There are only ten deluxe rooms, two each on floors 1 to 5, and I didn't want a room on the ground floor or second floor. Those rooms have a small balcony because of the stone structure on the lower floors of the resort. So I requested third floor or higher, hoping for the best. I could not have been more pleased with our fourth floor room. There are plenty of trees surrounding this end of the resort, but I could see the lake through the trees. I loved watching the sunrise in the mornings from the balcony and watch people walking to and from the boat dock at all times of the day. It was really a nice room. :)

Room 4003 -

WL 4003 LR.JPG

This is the living room. There is a full size closet on your left and the bathroom is on the right. This is a sofa bed.

WL deluxe room 4003.JPG

There is a wet bar that has the refrigerator and coffee maker. Those double doors lead to the bedroom. The glass is smoked and lets in some light.

WL deluxe room 4003 hall.JPG

This room had a connecting door to a regular room next door. My husband hit his head on the ceiling light over the desk at least twice a day. ;)

WL room 4003 LR chairs.JPG

There were a lot of windows in this fourth floor room and every day I would open all the shades and every night the turn down service would close them again. I really liked all of these little windows. :)

WL room 4003 beds.JPG

WL 4003 BR right.JPG

WL 4003 BR windows.JPG

There was a tree frog on the big window one morning when I opened the shade. It scared the life out of me! My husband slept on this side of the room and he could hear the boat horns. There weren't quite as loud on my side, plus I find the sound relaxing so they didn't bother me. We were also very close to the geyser, when started going off just before 7 am. You couldn't see it very well through the trees, but you sure could hear it.

room 4003 continued:

WL 4003 dresser.JPG

Here is the dresser. You can see that the double doors to the living room are open. The glass door on the right leads to a small balcony, large enough to stand on, but that was about it.

WL 4003 view from bedroom balcony.JPG

This is the view towards Bay Lake from this little bedroom balcony.

WL 4003 view from BR balcony.JPG

This is the view of the main pool and CCV's from this small balcony. You can barely see the pool through the trees but this room is near the spot where the CM with the microphone runs the pool parties. The pool party noise bothered me more than the boat horns or geyser, but we were at the villas pool every afternoon so we seldom heard it.

WL 4003 straight down.JPG

I took this picture looking straight down from the little balcony. You can see the huge timbers that they use in the building construction and the masonry on the lower floors.

WL 4003 wardrobe.JPG

The bedroom had a nice wardrobe in the corner that I took over. I wish I had taken a picture of the interior. It had shelves on the right side that were nice for holding "stuff". The clothes rod was short, so I was only able to hang some of my clothes. The rest went in the main closet where there was plenty of room.

WL 4003 between BR and hall.JPG

The bathroom had a door from the bedroom and from the hallway with pocket doors to close it off if you wanted privacy. The sinks are to the right and the toilet and shower are to the left.

WL room 4003 bathroom.JPG

WL4003 sinks.JPG

WL 4003 toiletries.JPG

room 4003 continued

We had a great housekeeper, one that we have had two other times when staying at the WL and she was really good to us. She left us a few towels animals, but this one stood out:

WL towel alligator.JPG

I loved sitting on the balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee and took plenty of pictures with my iPhone 5se.

WL 4003 night view lg.JPG

Those lights are from the walkway to the boat dock. I am looking slightly toward the right.

WL 4003 lights for boat walway.JPG

This view is the straight ahead view, We could see people walking to the boat from our balcony.

WL 4003 walkway to cabins left.JPG
This is the view of the walkway to the cabins on our left. I could also see the MK fireworks from this balcony if I hung out really far over the railing. ;) I preferred to watch them from Geyser Point where the music is piped in.

WL4003 pool view from balcony.JPG

This is a little bit better view of the main pool from the balcony, but as you can see there are a lot of trees. They geyser is behind these trees, too, but it was really hard to see anything more than just a little bit at the top.

WL 4003 intersection.JPG

You can see how close our room was to the walkway in this picture. It was nice to people watch from the balcony because no one noticed us there, even though we had open railings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!