Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the boat rental has reopened are there Sea Raycers for rent? There were no boat rentals as of our last two stays. Thanks for any input from recent visits.

....it IS a very relaxing spot and you are privy to primo views to watch the Electrical Water Pageant!
I am hoping to finally check it out in November. When we were there in October last year, the bugs were so bad that we escaped inside and just hung out in TL, which we love, but disappointed that we didn't get to try GP.

Now that the boat rental has reopened are there Sea Raycers for rent? There were no boat rentals as of our last two stays. Thanks for any input from recent visits.

Yes, the boat rentals are back open, and have Sea Raycers and pontoon boats. We did a pontoon for everybody last August, and may do a Sea Raycer this time.

I am hoping to finally check it out in November. When we were there in October last year, the bugs were so bad that we escaped inside and just hung out in TL, which we love, but disappointed that we didn't get to try GP.
....that's surprising....WDW usually is on top of that....I've personally seen [in the wee hours of the early morn]where the groundskeepers are spraying for mosquitos and other peskies....

....that's surprising....WDW usually is on top of that....I've personally seen [in the wee hours of the early morn]where the groundskeepers are spraying for mosquitos and other peskies....
It was very strange. It started on the boat over from MK. I noticed all these white bugs. And then they were all along the path towards the pool area. We didn't notice this anywhere else the whole week we were there. It's also not a typical time of year for bugs. I'm hoping it was just an anomaly!

Need to bump this thread up...WL doesn't belong on pg. 4.

Also doing a happy dance! We were able to rent points and book a week at BRV in a 2 bed Villa for June 4-11, 2019! Can't wait to get back to WL :cool1:

Congratulations! We will be posting pics here when we are at WL, starting two weeks from tomorrow! :cool1: Just 14 days, 12 hours, and 24 minutes till we are on our way, but who's counting...

I can’t get my daytime view to load, but this is from a standard room at WL, 6064. During the day we could watch the monorail coming and going at the Contemporary, and at night we enjoyed the fireworks (couldn’t see the castle, it’s behind the trees. That’s Space Mountain below the firework).A8149988-532F-46E9-9896-8D0FFBF80C14.jpeg

Checking in about 2 weeks!

Has anyone done the hidden Mickey hunt?! How long did it take and was it something kids could help with? I love hidden Mickeys and I feel like this would be a neat way to also check out different parts of the resort.

We have just switched our Resort from Saratoga Springs to a 1 bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge. We are really excited as we have never stayed at Wilderness Lodge before. We have booked direct with Disney and the reservation doesn't say what type of view we will have. I want to put in for our room requests and was wondering what we should put? I would like to be on a higher floor and close to transportation, but not sure what type of views are available. Also with the villas are you able to order room service?

We have just switched our Resort from Saratoga Springs to a 1 bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge. We are really excited as we have never stayed at Wilderness Lodge before. We have booked direct with Disney and the reservation doesn't say what type of view we will have. I want to put in for our room requests and was wondering what we should put? I would like to be on a higher floor and close to transportation, but not sure what type of views are available. Also with the villas are you able to order room service?

The BRV basically have two sides, Lake/Pool and Woods (kind of faces where park busses are). For our trip next year, we requested upper floor, lake/pool side. If being close to an elevator is important, put that. I've also heard people request close to main building, although close to elevator fro BRV, in my opinion, makes more sense, especially if requesting an upper floor. Make sure to put in order what is important to you. I'd also take a look at the beginning of this thread that has a room map for BRV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter