Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kimmar067 - I want to say thanks for posting those pix, but I just sat here and boo-hoo'd because they made me realize how very much I miss this place... :)

Thank you - they are all great pictures, and later, after I have finished my "Can't wait for January" (our next res at WL) pity party I am going to go back and look at them all over again! :)

I have just moved our last night to WL, on my husband’s insistence after I mentioned that it was the hotel I always planned my dream WDW trips around as a kid. I’m really excited! We are staying in POR, AKL and BWI for the rest of our trip, so I can’t complain, but this feels special.

If we wanted a leisurely breakfast in the resort on our last morning (not rushing off the one of the parks), where should we go? It will just be 2 adults, so I’m not sure about Whispering Canyon. However, I think it looks like our only option now that Geyser Point has stopped breakfast.

Also, is Geyser Point the best place for us to have a relaxing evening after the parks? I’m imagining sitting there and watching the MK fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant, while we enjoy being on our own for the first time in the whole trip.

Thanks!

I have just moved our last night to WL, on my husband’s insistence after I mentioned that it was the hotel I always planned my dream WDW trips around as a kid. I’m really excited! We are staying in POR, AKL and BWI for the rest of our trip, so I can’t complain, but this feels special.

If we wanted a leisurely breakfast in the resort on our last morning (not rushing off the one of the parks), where should we go? It will just be 2 adults, so I’m not sure about Whispering Canyon. However, I think it looks like our only option now that Geyser Point has stopped breakfast.

Also, is Geyser Point the best place for us to have a relaxing evening after the parks? I’m imagining sitting there and watching the MK fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant, while we enjoy being on our own for the first time in the whole trip.

Thanks!
Congratulations! That should be quite a trip, made even more special by getting to come home to WL as just the two of you.

We like WCC for breakfast on our last day. It might not always be quiet, but is definitely relaxing and has great food. We like not having to rush anywhere.

Geyser Point is very nice. They pipe in the sound for the Fireworks, and it is a beautiful spot any time of the day or night. Territory Lounge is still popular too, but the view at Geyser Point is awesome. It is in a great location.
p2482330092-4.jpg

DVC Studio:

enhance

enhance

enhance

...and my brother's family's view:

enhance

enhance

enhance

....I don't remember their room number, but if you were walking from the lobby to the bus depot and the arcade, there are couple of massage chairs to the left...it's the hallway right before that. [3rd door down, on the right]
Clarification: That is a Copper Creek DVC Studio, not a Boulder Ridge DVC Studio.

We just returned from a quick weekend trip from WL this past weekend. Its been awhile since we've stayed here and now I remember why we love it so much. I have to give kudos to the staff at the Salon by the Springs. I always get my kids haircut at MK and apparently they're doing a new "test" where they don't take walk ins until after 1 pm. So I checked out the new salon and they were able to get us in right away. The staff was super nice and they did a fantastic job. She even braided my DD9 hair and added glitter at no additional charge, not sure if that's always true. Then the icing on the cake was DVC members get 25% off. So with tip it was only $19!

Kimmar067 thanks for the great pics!! WL is our home and I have been having withdrawal this year . We have to wait till 2019 kid off to first year of college. Everytime I see the resort it reminds me we made the perfect choice all those years ago when we purchased our WL DVC.

Thanks for all those wonderful pictures Kimmar067! It's been a while since we stayed there, but I know we will return someday. No other resort makes me feel the way WL does. *sigh*

Thanks!
So glad you were able to fit in a stay at WL! Geyser Point is my favorite spot there. It’s relaxing and being on the water is so enjoyable.

Also, is Geyser Point the best place for us to have a relaxing evening after the parks? I’m imagining sitting there and watching the MK fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant, while we enjoy being on our own for the first time in the whole trip....
....it IS a very relaxing spot and you are privy to primo views to watch the Electrical Water Pageant!

Congratulations! That should be quite a trip, made even more special by getting to come home to WL as just the two of you.

We like WCC for breakfast on our last day. It might not always be quiet, but is definitely relaxing and has great food. We like not having to rush anywhere.

Geyser Point is very nice. They pipe in the sound for the Fireworks, and it is a beautiful spot any time of the day or night. Territory Lounge is still popular too, but the view at Geyser Point is awesome. It is in a great location.
p2482330092-4.jpg
This is my husbands favorite place on property. He'd probably spend more time here than he does the parks, if I let him. LOL
We haven't stayed at WL since the week Geyser Point opened but we've had more meals here than any other place on property.
Luckily I love it too. Just not as much as he does. Since I'm not sure anyone loves it as much as he does. He's lucky too, I booked us 2 night at WL at the end of the month.

I just grabbed 2 nights with the recently released AP discount for fall. Surprising my mom - we want to look at all the decorations at the resorts (going 12/7-12/9). She's never stayed in a Deluxe, so she'll be thrilled. Just want to relax around the resort, grab a bite at Geyser Point, and even enjoy the fireplace in the lobby! Always tempted to see if a better rate comes up, but probably best to leave it alone. :flower1:

This is my husbands favorite place on property. He'd probably spend more time here than he does the parks, if I let him. LOL
We haven't stayed at WL since the week Geyser Point opened but we've had more meals here than any other place on property.
Luckily I love it too. Just not as much as he does. Since I'm not sure anyone loves it as much as he does. He's lucky too, I booked us 2 night at WL at the end of the month.

My goodness my husband is the same way. He loved it so much for our trip this past April that he has been constantly asking when we can go back, and already has plans to go in September even though we are not staying at WL. I am going to try to do a split stay between WL and Poly for April 2019 and I am sure he will camped out at GP for much of that trip. They serve drinks so I am good with it.

My goodness my husband is the same way. He loved it so much for our trip this past April that he has been constantly asking when we can go back, and already has plans to go in September even though we are not staying at WL. I am going to try to do a split stay between WL and Poly for April 2019 and I am sure he will camped out at GP for much of that trip. They serve drinks so I am good with it.
Don't you love when you convert them? :rotfl:

Mine's the same way now. :love:

Don't you love when you convert them? :rotfl:

Mine's the same way now. :love:

The problem is that my husband gets super excited and tries to cram way too much into a trip!!!! We had to wake up before 6am on our check out day of our very short 2 night anniversary trip because he booked us a tour, the tour was incredible, but man it was a lot on such a short trip so early in the morning!!!!! The best part of WL is how relaxing it is, I could spend an entire trip there and never go to the parks, I just thought it was so lovely and serene.

I agree. I want to do a resort-heavy trip in December. I've never been that time of year - so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter