Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go figure. I want the one literally right next to it lol

I mean for the most part all the studios are next to elevators. Is it crazy loud in the mornings
I’ve never stayed right next to elevators at any resort. But standing there waiting I always feel sorry for the rooms nearby. I don’t think some people understand how loudly they’re talking. And make no effort to ask their child to use their indoor voices. But if the adults don’t, how would the children know?

I think I’d put a request in that states what you’re looking for in order of priority and not worry so much about requesting a certain room.
State you have mobility difficulty and use a scooter.
Walk in shower?
Upper or lower floor?
View?

Keep request short and too the point but pleasant! Attach request to your reservation. Good luck!

HI. So question. For the room request form at touring plans, what exactly shows copper creek villas, what is the setting? I am doing studio, so is it woods/studio room to search?

Also, is there a map of which studio rooms have the walk in shower? I'm trying to see before I put a request in. I don't want to put in a request for a room thats not what I have booked
DVC resorts do not usually accept faxes and have asked members to add their requests to their reservation.

I know its extremely early, however we are tentatively beginning to plan our WDW trip next summer.

Long story short we like AKL, however due to the distance from MK (its the only downside in my opinion), we tend to go there less. Therefore, we are considering a split stay with a couple days at the Wilderness Lodge; as the resorts seem similarly priced.

Can anyone please advise as to the quality of transit between WL and MK? For us to attempt a split stay it would really need to be excellent. I do not expect perfection, but wondering if it is worth the trouble of a split stay.

I appreciate the assistance!

Bit of a FLASH from folks currently AT WL (actually - Humphrey).
Geyser Point is no longer serving any Breakfast items, not open in any way for Breakfast. Lunch & Dinner only...

I know its extremely early, however we are tentatively beginning to plan our WDW trip next summer.

Long story short we like AKL, however due to the distance from MK (its the only downside in my opinion), we tend to go there less. Therefore, we are considering a split stay with a couple days at the Wilderness Lodge; as the resorts seem similarly priced.

Can anyone please advise as to the quality of transit between WL and MK? For us to attempt a split stay it would really need to be excellent. I do not expect perfection, but wondering if it is worth the trouble of a split stay.

Personally I think it's just fine, the bus is literally a 5 minute trip. Due to the proximity those buses will be coming back and forth rather fast so if you miss one another will be along very shortly. The boat is also very nice and a good experience especially for kids. It takes a bit longer but it's pretty peaceful.

Honestly, you can't beat the bus in the morning for quickness and the relaxing boat ride to return to WL. We love it!

Does the boat stop at other resorts on the way to MK?
There is a route for the boat. It goes to FW, WL and MK. I'm not sure of the exact route, but it may go to FW first than WL in the morning. Or it may be dedicated to WL for the first boats in the morning. There is another smaller boat that goes to the Contemporary from WL and does not go to the MK. That one might also go to FW. It's been a few years since we needed to take the boats.

There is a route for the boat. It goes to FW, WL and MK. I'm not sure of the exact route, but it may go to FW first than WL in the morning. Or it may be dedicated to WL for the first boats in the morning. There is another smaller boat that goes to the Contemporary from WL and does not go to the MK. That one might also go to FW. It's been a few years since we needed to take the boats.

There are two separate boat lines: One direct to Magic Kingdom (Red flag) and another that goes WL -> FW -> CR (Blue flag).

Usually it's direct to MK. It starts around 30 minutes before park open. However, on occasion they will stop at CR or FW depending on how busy they are. We've had this happen around park close to get back to WL a few times. Usually it's a big boat (there are also small boats) that goes from MK to CR to WL, in our experience. We also had one time where the FW boat was having an issue, so we dropped off FW people too. Not typical, but it can happen.

As a previous poster mentioned, there is a boat that runs a circle between WL, FW, and CR. This boat starts at 6:45 am, so if you have an early ADR at MK, you can take the boat to CR and walk to MK if you don't want to take the bus.

The boat will go to MK 99% of the time. It will go to Fort Wilderness occasionally, though. We have stayed at the WL at least 6 times and only once in all those trips did we have a boat that went to FW instead of directly to MK.

I've never seen a boat go between MK and CR, though. They have the monorail and can walk, so the Contemporary isn't included on the MK boat route.

The boat will go to MK 99% of the time. It will go to Fort Wilderness occasionally, though. We have stayed at the WL at least 6 times and only once in all those trips did we have a boat that went to FW instead of directly to MK.

I've never seen a boat go between MK and CR, though. They have the monorail and can walk, so the Contemporary isn't included on the MK boat route.

In Feb 2017 the CR boat picked the WL people up from MK and stopped at WL instead of WL having their own boat. Not sure what was going on. Both times were also with the bigger boats.

Edit: My mistake, it was FW.

Last edited:
In Feb 2017 the CR boat picked the WL people up from MK and stopped at WL instead of WL having their own boat. Not sure what was going on. Both times were also with the bigger boats.
There isn't a boat dock for a Contemporary boat at the MK boat dock. There are only two boats that dock there, the WL boat and the FW boat. The other boat dock is for the Polynesian/Grand Floridian boat.

Maybe you are thinking of the Fort Wilderness boat? That one frequently takes passengers to the WL, especially if there is an ECV or a large crowd waiting to go to WL.

There isn't a boat dock for a Contemporary boat at the MK boat dock. There are only two boats that dock there, the WL boat and the FW boat. The other boat dock is for the Polynesian/Grand Floridian boat.

Maybe you are thinking of the Fort Wilderness boat? That one frequently takes passengers to the WL, especially if there is an ECV or a large crowd waiting to go to WL.
Yeah, not sure what was happening there. Only CR boat I know of is the resort boat that loops around CR-WL-FW

Personally I think it's just fine, the bus is literally a 5 minute trip. Due to the proximity those buses will be coming back and forth rather fast so if you miss one another will be along very shortly. The boat is also very nice and a good experience especially for kids. It takes a bit longer but it's pretty peaceful.

Honestly, you can't beat the bus in the morning for quickness and the relaxing boat ride to return to WL. We love it!

I appreciate your feedback!

Y

Sorry about that...it was FW.

Hi all. Now that Geyser Point is no longer serving breakfast is there anywhere at the resort that serves oatmeal in the morning? Asking for a friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter