Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frm location, it is a north wing hotel room.

But the flip-side equivalent CCV rooms in the south wing would be similar.

We had a CCV room that looked into the main lodge courtyard.

SW
I’ve never had a balcony with open sides in south or north wings where you can see into next balcony. So was curious. Poster who took photo said it was a room that looked out over lobby. I’ve never stayed in those. My stays were either north or south wings. 2 stays in south side, inner courtyard (my fav), and a view of Boulder Ridge pool, and north side courtyard view when I got the dreaded dormer. Lol. All had partitions between balconies.

I thought I heard they weren't doing breakfast anymore...
Gotta say - Geyser Point is a walking disaster....

Menu options, serving, conditions change DAILY. Just us - DVC owners at BRV....

BOOK something serious, like Whispering Canyon.
....and we are SO sorry that CCV owners never got a real common area :(. While we are not affected? Suspect it would be a good idea to tear DOWN GP, start over, and get serious.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Gotta say - Geyser Point is a walking disaster....

I've got to say, the location is fabulous. Really enjoyed sharing a drink there right on the foot of Bay Lake back in March. That said, I'm not sure exactly what the place wants to be right now either. Food was just OK. Seating is so limited that even during an off hour ~2:30pm IIRC, we were relegated to the bar (which, really we did not mind). This also isn't the first time I hear about the menu changing. It's far enough from the pool and set up such that it really isn't a pool bar. It also doesn't really have the type and amount of seating to support a bona fide QS. They've got a prime spot right there, and it would be great if they could pull it together nicely.

Last edited:

I’ve never had a balcony with open sides in south or north wings where you can see into next balcony. So was curious. Poster who took photo said it was a room that looked out over lobby. I’ve never stayed in those. My stays were either north or south wings. 2 stays in south side, inner courtyard (my fav), and a view of Boulder Ridge pool, and north side courtyard view when I got the dreaded dormer. Lol. All had partitions between balconies.

These are a few pictures from the balcony of our 5th floor CCV studio.

Between us and the balcony beside/attached to us theere was a barrier so you could not see into their's except peeking around the gap edges.

But if you look at the picture where we are looking towards the balconies that are perpendicular to ours... balconies attached to each other have that solid barrier. But the balconies that have a gap between them are open to each other -- but not attached, there is some feet between them, but it is open metal rails.

SW

IMG-5896a.jpg

IMG-5893a.jpg

IMG-5891a.jpg

I've got to say, the location is fabulous. Really enjoyed sharing a drink there right on the foot of Bay Lake back in March. That said, I'm not sure exactly what the place wants to be right now either. Food was just OK. Seating is so limited that even during an off hour ~2:30pm IIRC, we were relegated to the bar (which, really we did not mind). This also isn't the first time I here about the menu changing. It's far enough from the pool and set up such that it really isn't a pool bar. It also doesn't really have the type and amount of seating to support a bona fide QS. They've got a prime spot right there, and it would be great if they could pull it together nicely.

Agreed. The location can't be beat. We go there for the ambiance and a drink - either late afternoon after being in the parks, and/or after dinner to watch the boat parade go by. The bartenders are friendly and everyone is always relaxed. I had a breakfast there in November and it was pretty standard QS (eggs, biscuit, fruit). Nothing to go on about. DH and I shared a chicken sandwich one afternoon and it was alright. Waffle fries were a plus though!

It's never too early to start thinking about Wilderness Lodge.

I've stayed in a standard WL room and Copper Creek in the past couple years- the CC studios are fresh and clean and new. Really nice. The standard rooms are a little on the older side, style-wise, but still fun.

I wonder if the regular WL rooms are due for a refurb before the 50th?

Actually anything at Disney World is fun vs a regular boring day in your regular life. The pools / hot tubs may be impacted this week more than usual do to lightning & thunder.

Dave

I've stayed in a standard WL room and Copper Creek in the past couple years- the CC studios are fresh and clean and new. Really nice. The standard rooms are a little on the older side, style-wise, but still fun.

Pretty sure the the rooms were refurbished in 2012.

Disney tends to do a soft goods every 3 years, hard goods every 5, and a complete gut job usually every 10 years.

They are probably about due for some sort of refurbishment. They were last done about the same time as POFQ, and POFQ is getting hard goods refurbed right now. Last time was bathroom sprucing and new carpet and soft goods, so they are due for a complete gut. Hate to say that since I love the headboard and the nice nature and Disney touches. But the furniture is starting to get pretty worn looking in some of the rooms.

Hi, all. Looking forward to our first WL stay in November. Anyone know why the Artist Point reservations for early November are not yet in the system? Thanks!

Hi, all. Looking forward to our first WL stay in November. Anyone know why the Artist Point reservations for early November are not yet in the system? Thanks!
Maybe the times just haven’t been loaded yet. Keep checking back and hopefully the ADR times will be there. I've seen this happen with other restaurants. :)

ETA: It looks like Artist Point might be closed for refurbishment.

Last edited:
They are probably about due for some sort of refurbishment. They were last done about the same time as POFQ, and POFQ is getting hard goods refurbed right now. Last time was bathroom sprucing and new carpet and soft goods, so they are due for a complete gut. Hate to say that since I love the headboard and the nice nature and Disney touches. But the furniture is starting to get pretty worn looking in some of the rooms.
Yes, the staff were getting ready for last refurb just after our stay in Jan 2012. So they are over due. But I’m not looking forward to refurb as the current trend is toward more generic rooms, taking out the charm and theming. And ceiling fans :sad2:

Yes, the staff were getting ready for last refurb just after our stay in Jan 2012. So they are over due. But I’m not looking forward to refurb as the current trend is toward more generic rooms, taking out the charm and theming. And ceiling fans :sad2:

And with the wonky A/C units in WDW resort rooms, ceiling fans are an absolute necessity!

OK, I feel horrible for asking this because I KNOW I've seen the answer before, but "bear" with me while I ask it this repeated question...:rolleyes2

in 21 days (that's 3 weeks from TODAY!!!) we'll be checking in to a 2br villa at Boulder Ridge and I wanted to confirm that they have a regular coffee pot in the kitchen?!! I saw the pictures, and it looks like a "regular" one vs. a pod one, and does it take basket or cone shaped filter?

DH originally said "no" to wanting coffee in the morning (therefore I totally deleted the coffee pot information from my brain) but apparently he's changed his mind... :drinking1

THANKS!!!

we haven't stayed at WL since 2010 and this is our first villa stay and I'm CRAZY excited!!! :love::yay::cool1::jumping1:

OK, I feel horrible for asking this because I KNOW I've seen the answer before, but "bear" with me while I ask it this repeated question...:rolleyes2

in 21 days (that's 3 weeks from TODAY!!!) we'll be checking in to a 2br villa at Boulder Ridge and I wanted to confirm that they have a regular coffee pot in the kitchen?!! I saw the pictures, and it looks like a "regular" one vs. a pod one, and does it take basket or cone shaped filter?

DH originally said "no" to wanting coffee in the morning (therefore I totally deleted the coffee pot information from my brain) but apparently he's changed his mind... :drinking1

THANKS!!!

we haven't stayed at WL since 2010 and this is our first villa stay and I'm CRAZY excited!!! :love::yay::cool1::jumping1:

All DVC villas have "regular" coffee pots that take the flat-bottom filters. The 1 BR and larger villas have 12 cup pots; sometimes the studios have 4 cup pots, but a 12-cup pot can be obtained by calling Housekeeping.

We can't do without our coffee, the "drink of life" in the morning and relaxing decaf break before bed!

I'm assuming the cheeseburger hasn't changed since last summer - Loved it, probably the best I've ever had on property.
Was that the regular beef or bison burger? DeLux Burger in Disney Springs have really good burgers.

TOMORROW we check in! Hoping for not quite so much rain as predicted... Are the pools/hot tubs any fun in the rain?!
How is trip going? Hope you’ve had a chance to enjoy the pools. What room view did you get? Can you post pic?
Have you checked out Geyser Point?
Hope you’re enjoying your vacay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!